"The Mayor" retires from baseball

I honestly did not see this one coming...

FOX Sports on MSN - MLB - Casey retires after 12 MLB seasons

First Base will never be quite the same again.:D

I didn't see this either!!!...:eek:

I have always been a big fan of Sean's ever since he came to the Reds back in 1998. After he was severely injured a year later (a bll hit him square in the eye during batting practice). he was on the Reds caravan the next spring and I asked him if he was ready for spring training and the new season. He was like a kid in a candy store, jumping up and down not being able to hold back his enthusiasm to play!!!...:D He was a great addition to the team!!!...

I also have a great picture of Sean waving to me during streching before a game at Wrigley Field in Chi-town. I was on the first base line with my Reds gear on and I shouted out to him and snapped a great picture!!!...I'll try to post it later!!!,,,

One of classiest, most charitable men in all of professional sports. Other athletes could do well by following his example.

I think Sean's time has come to hang it up.
I enjoyed watching him greatly, I was happy when the Indians traded him to the Reds and he eventually played with the Tigers and the Red Sox.
He's always been a very classy guy.

Jimbo

I think Sean's time has come to hang it up.
I enjoyed watching him greatly, I was happy when the Indians traded him to the Reds and he eventually played with the Tigers and the Red Sox.
He's always been a very classy guy.

Jimbo

Yup. He was universally loved and respected in the Red Sox clubhouse last year. :up

He had a nice run to help the tigers in 06...You could tell that he was a good guy for the locker room

I seem to recall some great story re: a boy with autism or something similar who was in a world all his own. Doncha know that The Mayor with his "God-Given Gift of Gab" was the only/first person to break thru into this kid's world and get him to talk! Amazing.

I can't believe he retired already. For some reason nobody would let him play full time. He could bat over .300, how could you keep him out?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)