The Mentalist

tvbythenumbers comments:

The many stories about The Mentalist being shopped to other networks should tell you two things. The producers (Warner Brothers) know CBS is going to cancel the show, and they've got some highly paid PR flacks.

Whether The Mentalist appears on another network next season is outside the Cancellation Bear's capability to guess. Warner Brothers did manage to get Southland on corporate sibling TNT after it was canceled by NBC, but events like that are so rare as to be effectively unpredictable by the bear.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...nceled-by-cbs-might-it-move-elsewhere/257520/

So I guess it sounds that since at this time nothing is written in stone, the end of this season, will anyway leave a door open for a potential next season, just in case.

So I guess it sounds that since at this time nothing is written in stone, the end of this season, will anyway leave a door open for a potential next season, just in case.
Sundays episode said goodbye for me, it was 1/2 flash backs to last falls opening episode. And a love story/jealousy with Jane poorly written.

Sundays episode said goodbye for me, it was 1/2 flash backs to last falls opening episode. And a love story/jealousy with Jane poorly written.
I don´t blame you, I myself "watched" it live, that is part of it as I was flipping channels, the episode didn´t grab my attention, at the end I saw something about Jane kinda trying to say something to Lisbon, I didn´t even stay for the end, the least I want in crime/mystery dramas is sentimental sub-plots.

Wow! That's a pleasant surprise considering the conclusion of the Red John saga and the show retooling and searching for a new beginning...and don't forget this is a Warner Bros. production and CBS is busily readying a half-dozen or more new shows for the fall season. I guess The Mentalist bringing-in a steady, reliable 9-10 million viewers in the Sunday, 10:00 PM timeslot each week was too hard for CBS to pass. Plus, I get the feeling CBS probably was able to negotiate a pretty good price per episode for a 7th season. Regardless, I'm glad to see this one return for another season...but I'm almost positive next season will be the final one for this show. Who knows?

Time not deleted...just goes to show all the experts forecasting the Bubble Watch sometimes aren't any more accurate than our throwing darts at a dart board. :)

Each show got better after the red john saga. I really believe it will be around for a few more years.

13 SHOWS FOR THE NEW SEASON .

It that how many episode CBS ordered for next season? If so, perhaps they're still waiting to see how well the series reboot fares next season or, perhaps, just hedging their bets with the new fall lineup. For example, if many of their new shots are hits then they'll probably cancel The Mentalist and move a mid-season replacement show into the timeslot. However, if the new shows tank or if The Mentalists ratings hold stead, they'll probably order another 10-episodes. Regardless, it seems to me the showrunner will have to do something creative next season. We shall see.

Blue Bird: Season 6, Episode 22

Sunday, 18 May 2014 (10:00 PM ET)

"When a new lead in a case forces Lisbon to put off her plans to leave for Washington, Jane gets a chance to sort out his feelings for her and decide what to do about them."

Don't forget to rate this episode over at IMDb.com: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3275772/

[MARQ]* * * * * Season Finale * * * Season Finale * * * Season Finale * * * * *[/MARQ]

Could be since they'll need to maintain ratings while holding-down cost to stick around the entire season with CBS expected to launch several new shows next season.

Hopefully they can keep up the good ratings, overall IMO it´s a good show, so it won´t be on Sundays anymore, I´m still catching up on checking the upcoming fall schedules, I´m speculating the show could reappear in February, Thursday night, maybe.....

Looking forward to it, I guess that will be the last of the season finales on my to watch list. At least now we know there will be one more season, whatever happens or doesn´t happen in this upcoming finale.

Finale:
You know they couldn't let Teresa Lisbon leave.
Now she stays under the best possible circumstances.
I see this new chemistry lasting through next season, if managed well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts