The Missing On Starz

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blackloz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 22, 2009
Minot,ND
I setup a timer about two weeks ago for the Starz show The Missing on the HR44 and happened to notice that it wasn't recording the show other then the first Ep. I was able to catch it and went through the guide and none of them were set to record. I manually hit record for last & this Saturday's show. Now I have my default recording options set to first run & all episodes. The guide seems to have the air dates wrong and that appears to be why it wasn't recording. I changed the timer from first run to all episodes and now it seems fine. Anyone else come across this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a very common problem with series that were originally shown in the UK or in Canada. The channel does not bother to change the first aired data to the U.S. one and so the DVR does not record it as first run, it thinks it is a repeat.

This is only a Directv problem and they refuse to fix it. At least we have season/episode info now....

No, it's a guide problem. It's up to the channel to fix it.

No, it's a Directv issue. My parents have Dish and it appears correctly. Primitive Comcast cable here has it right, too. I have a cable box because it's much cheaper to have Internet and basic broadcast channels with Comcast than to just have Internet. Plus, it gives me three Montreal locals that are too hard to get OTA (and wouldn't be useful with the AM21.) It's Directv, there are many threads about this. Dish's guide is much more complete than ours (but PQ is awful...)

It depends how you look at it. The DirecTv DVR performed exactly how it is supposed to based on the guide data that came from tribune/Starz. If you look at the "first showing" date on the episodes, you will find it's incorrect. There's no way that DirecTv can monitor all the data it gets on the thousands of channels (including all the locals), it would be an impossible job.
My old TiVo worked the same way, I remember losing two new episodes of Doctor Who because the first showing date was the UK one...

Status
Please reply by conversation.