The Movie Channel HD Launches Dec 1st!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Showtime Networks Launches THE MOVIE CHANNEL HD on December 1, 2003

Second HDTV Channel Represents the Company's Continued Commitment to Expand HDTV Offerings

NEW YORK, Oct. 1 /PRNewswire/ -- Showtime Networks will launch its second high definition television (HDTV) channel, THE MOVIE CHANNEL HD, on December 1, 2003. The company will transmit an East Coast feed of Showtime Networks' all movie service in the highest picture resolution format available -- 1080i -- with the original widescreen aspect ratio (16:9) to preserve theatrical presentation. The announcement, made today by Mark Greenberg, Executive Vice President, Corporate Strategy and Communications for Showtime Networks, reinforces the company's commitment to providing its premium subscribers with the highest quality home entertainment experience.

In December, HDTV titles on THE MOVIE CHANNEL HD will include "Bandits," "Hardball," "Novocaine," "Rollerball," "Sidewalks of New York," "What's the Worst that Could Happen?" and many others. With 75% of the service's primetime schedule offered in HD, THE MOVIE CHANNEL HD will also feature Dolby Digital 5.1, offering subscribers six-channel, theater quality directional surround sound.

Read the rest by CLICKING HERE

Would be nice if it was included in the HD package but that ain't gonna happen. That list of upcoming films hardly makes it worthwhile to sub to Showtime just for SHo & TMC, IMO.
It seems that as the premium sub movie channels add HD one at a time we'll be forced to buy AEP plus pay $10 for the HD package if we want to see more HD. It's considerably more than I want to spend just to get some more HD. On the other hand, then there'd be no DVR penalty to pay.

In December, HDTV titles on THE MOVIE CHANNEL HD will include "Bandits," "Hardball," "Novocaine," "Rollerball," "Sidewalks of New York," "What's the Worst that Could Happen?" and many others.

That has got to be the worst list of movies I have ever seen in a Press release. I could not tell you who was in any of those movies.

And to think that someone spent the money to covert them over to HD. :D

I have not been considering getting an HDTV or HD receiver but if they keep on coming out with lots of HD channels I may actually considering going out and getting one. I have not yet done it because I felt the prices were too high and there was not enough HD content to make it worth getting. All it takes is a few channels that people can watch without a lot of reruns to make it worthwhile if it is something you are really interested in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)