The NBA Finals- It's Lakers vs. Celtics!!

I am really happy for Doc Rivers.

Remember what he went through:

-The blown 3-1 lead in 2003 w/Orlando

-A 1-19 start w/Orlando

-Last year

-The death of his father

So happy for him.

39 point win to wrap it up ....

Hows the rating doing for the series ???
I bet not as good as they expected, with the blowouts involved.
Weekly Nielsen Notes
Top 20 shows in the 18-49 Demo
Viewers In Millions, Week Ending June 15, 2008

# Shows Net 18-49 Viewers (000)
1. NBA FINALS GAME 5 ABC 9.55
2. NBA FINALS GAME 3 ABC 7.89
3. NBA FINALS GAME 4 ABC 7.36

AS for blowouts what games were you watching? No game was decided by more than 5 or 6 points until the last one.

Congrats to the Celtics fans.

I knew this series would bring the biggest viewer numbers.

Weekly Nielsen Notes
Top 20 shows in the 18-49 Demo
Viewers In Millions, Week Ending June 15, 2008

# Shows Net 18-49 Viewers (000)
1. NBA FINALS GAME 5 ABC 9.55
2. NBA FINALS GAME 3 ABC 7.89
3. NBA FINALS GAME 4 ABC 7.36

AS for blowouts what games were you watching? No game was decided by more than 5 or 6 points until the last one.

Slightly better than last year's lowest ever 6.2 avg. rating, but still a far cry from what some people are referring to as a "rebirth" of the NBA. When the MJ led Bulls were peaking in the Finals in the 90's, they carried an avg. Nielson rating of between 16.7 and 18.7!

This was the first major sporting event I've noticed where the "profanity delay" was in use for the broadcast. It was apparent in the fourth quarter when the Celtics started celebrating in the bench area and after the game, especially for KG's interview by Michelle Tafoya.

Slightly better than last year's lowest ever 6.2 avg. rating, but still a far cry from what some people are referring to as a "rebirth" of the NBA. When the MJ led Bulls were peaking in the Finals in the 90's, they carried an avg. Nielson rating of between 16.7 and 18.7!
Proof that Kobe is no MJ. I guess sexually assaulting/raping 19 year old resort staff and cheating on your wife is a turnoff.

Proof that Kobe is no MJ. I guess sexually assaulting/raping 19 year old resort staff and cheating on your wife is a turnoff.

it had NOTHING to do with his bull*** case in Colorado and everything to do with ONE Kobe will never win a championship against a three-headed monster that plays defense.

Whatever, bunch of fake celtics. One real celtic and some hired guns.

Same can be said for the Lakers when they won with Shaq. Many other examples exist. Sad to say, the days where the team core is drafted and groomed and kept together throughout the players' careers are gone forever.

These days, teams are built by trades. As far as I am concerned, as long as a player's heart is with the team, the are a real member of the team. Every player on the Celtics is a real Celtic - at least for the time he is are on the team. Same logic applies to all other teams of all sports.

Truth be told, by the above logic, I don't know how many Lakers are true Lakers. That could include one Kobe Bryant.

The poor little rapist lost! Last time he lost in the finals he raped that girl. Now, with another finals loss, I wonder if he will do it again?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)