The NCAA is a joke...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Hopefully it's not much more Than what Miami has already self imposed.

Oh I agree.Some of these sanctions are a bit much.Sad fact is,if the NCAA had the man power to investigate all the schools there would be very few not in violation.I reckon they try to make examples of the ones they do catch though.

Rey said:
What more can the NCAA do to Miami after removing themselves from a bowl game two years in a row? Just wondering....

No team has ever self imposed two straight years of no bowl appearance, from what I have read. Truth be told, the NCAA does not care about loss of scholarships. ..they know what will really hurt is the loss of bowl money the schools will loose. Even the lesser bowls pay in the upper 6-figures to a cool million. For a private school that does not get little to no zero state money AND most to all of the sports depends on football money...no bowls for 2 years is a huge hit.

Teehar said:
Oh I agree.Some of these sanctions are a bit much.Sad fact is,if the NCAA had the man power to investigate all the schools there would be very few not in violation.I reckon they try to make examples of the ones they do catch though.

On the contrary, they would find MORE. Today, they were talking to the U's violations guy on the radio and he stated the last thing you want is the NCAA on campus because they WILL find some.... and all schools being investigated are lucky there aren't enough resources to hit all campus. In most cases, the guy said it's mostly minor stuff, but when you have to "watch your P's and Q's"...even minor stuff can and will come back to haunt you.

After listening to this guy, I can see why it has taken so long. The NCAA has something like 180 investigations going on...and Miami had a lot of accusations that need to be totally checked.

No team has ever self imposed two straight years of no bowl appearance, from what I have read. Truth be told, the NCAA does not care about loss of scholarships. ..they know what will really hurt is the loss of bowl money the schools will loose. Even the lesser bowls pay in the upper 6-figures to a cool million. For a private school that does not get little to no zero state money AND most to all of the sports depends on football money...no bowls for 2 years is a huge hit.

While I agree with your thoughts on the Bowl ban being a big hit .... I disagree with your take on losing scholarships, if it's a substantial amount that is.
If your only losing a few, you can deal with that, but if your losing alot, like Penn State, thats gonna hurt them big time.

you hear the latest? apparently one of the reasons the investigation is taking so long is because the NCAA is struggling to find the proof it wants. they are now saying if ex UM players don't talk they will believe every word shapiro has said. wow. so either people start talking or we'll believe a guy in jail who made a living for lying and tricking others.

Rey said:
you hear the latest? apparently one of the reasons the investigation is taking so long is because the NCAA is struggling to find the proof it wants. they are now saying if ex UM players don't talk they will believe every word shapiro has said. wow. so either people start talking or we'll believe a guy in jail who made a living for lying and tricking others.

I knew it would come down to that.

While I agree with your thoughts on the Bowl ban being a big hit .... I disagree with your take on losing scholarships, if it's a substantial amount that is.
If your only losing a few, you can deal with that, but if your losing alot, like Penn State, thats gonna hurt them big time.

It will only hurt on the football team and team depth...that's it. Ohio State is a state funded school. Miami is a private school with 1/5 the students that OSU has. Ask ANY school AD what is more important, losing scholarships or losing millions coming into the athletics program...and ALL will say the same thing...the cash, hands down. Football and basketball money pays for ALL the other sports

On the contrary, they would find MORE. Today, they were talking to the U's violations guy on the radio and he stated the last thing you want is the NCAA on campus because they WILL find some.... and all schools being investigated are lucky there aren't enough resources to hit all campus. In most cases, the guy said it's mostly minor stuff, but when you have to "watch your P's and Q's"...even minor stuff can and will come back to haunt you.

After listening to this guy, I can see why it has taken so long. The NCAA has something like 180 investigations going on...and Miami had a lot of accusations that need to be totally checked.

I think you misread my post.(there would be very few not in violation)

Here it is Rey. The NCAA is trying to drop the hammer with intimidation tactics.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...tion-canes-dolphins-marlins-heat-chatter.html

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...g-of-ncaa-ultimatum-to-former-players-unclear

"The NCAA has delivered a new and disturbing ultimatum to former Miami football players: Either talk to us or we’ll believe Nevin Shapiro’s claims against you."

Wow... I wonder if they did the same ultimatum to OTHER schools?

damn. sounds to me like they couldn't find much of anything at all besides this criminal's accusations which some may or may not be true. these former players have no obligation to get involved but the NCAA knows how loyal some ex college players can be to their former schools. nice..........

damn. sounds to me like they couldn't find much of anything at all besides this criminal's accusations which some may or may not be true. these former players have no obligation to get involved but the NCAA knows how loyal some ex college players can be to their former schools. nice..........

Tweet from AJ Andande:

J.A. AdandeVerified?@jadande

"Presumed guilty? Is this USA? RT @BFeldmanCBS NCAA to ex-Miami players: Talk, or we’ll believe Shapiro’s claims vs. you http://bit.ly/S9wZz0"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts