The Need for SPEED (HD) -- Launches Thursday

DSpud, do you know why the season is split up between FOX and ABC? I like it much better with FOX. Wonder what the deal is!!

While a portion of it is money, the other part is Fox's Sunday afternoon broadcast of the NFL starting in September. Ever since NASCAR went to the networks and away from ESPN, it has been split between networks for this reason. There were talks that ABC/ESPN would take over all 36 races, but in the end I believe Fox raised the bar to hold on to the front end of the season.

Have you ever heard of the demands the FIA and F1 reps request of the track owners that host races for them? It is unreal...I heard at INDY before the FI race, the team reps have to bo in like a month early to get the garages ready for the teams...plasma tvs, totally redone stalls...their damands can get pretty outrageous

Yep, I have heard that. It must be out of sight to run in the F-1 series. Just the cars alone look like something from outer space. And, all that overseas traveling. I could only imagine. I wonder how it is going to be this year since they are taking away the traction control and something else too, but can't think of what it is. Maybe anti-skid for the breaking system.

HAHA, because of politics..Roger Penske was a major player in the whole deal... the road course vs oval track deals...CART was historically a road course series, Tony George wanted to lean more towards ovals, so he split it off and he went oval racing..however, the past couple years the IRL went back road course racing..I really think the HONDA and TOYOTA thing has hurt the INDY 500 deal too...there needs to be more engine manufacturers in the INDY 500, not just HONDA...who wants to see a Honda beat a HONDA...not me

While a portion of it is money, the other part is Fox's Sunday afternoon broadcast of the NFL starting in September. Ever since NASCAR went to the networks and away from ESPN, it has been split between networks for this reason. There were talks that ABC/ESPN would take over all 36 races, but in the end I believe Fox raised the bar to hold on to the front end of the season.

I hope FOX holds on. I really think DW does much better job than Rusty. What do yall think?

HAHA, because of politics..Roger Penske was a major player in the whole deal... the road course vs oval track deals...CART was historically a road course series, Tony George wanted to lean more towards ovals, so he split it off and he went oval racing..however, the past couple years the IRL went back road course racing..I really think the HONDA and TOYOTA thing has hurt the INDY 500 deal too...there needs to be more engine manufacturers in the INDY 500, not just HONDA...who wants to see a Honda beat a HONDA...not me

Wow, didn't know that about Roger and Tony. Too sad. What a mistake it was. Yep, I hear you on the engines. Honda is no match in the F-1 series. I would like to see the Indy 500 mixed up with F-1 and IRL. Wouldn't that be a mess to watch. LOL

I hope FOX holds on. I really think DW does much better job than Rusty. What do yall think?

Fox is always gonna be involve in NASCAR...unless ratings go wayyyyy down...but the 500 was up like 6 points over last season. Seems like Brian France is pinning his hopes on Dale Earnhardt JR winning races with Hendrick...he was quoted as saying that Dale's success has a direct reflect on TV ratings...which to me is BULLSH**

there is now way you are gonna get the F1 on an oval....hahahaha could imagine the speed?We are talking about cars here that produce enough downforce that at speed they could stick to your ceiling upside down with no problems

there is now way you are gonna get the F1 on an oval....hahahaha could imagine the speed?We are talking about cars here that produce enough downforce that at speed they could stick to your ceiling upside down with no problems

Yep, I think the F-1 cars are awesome. I am so disappointed Shoemacher retired. I wish he would come back and kick Alonzo's ass.

I think that the fact that Rusty sucks in the booth wasnt the only deciding factor. I think he is just waiting for his contract with ESPN to expire then he is gonna hi tail it outta there and go cup racing with RWI. ESPN put a clause in his contract that he CANNOT be involved with cup racing while he is with ESPN, and he has been rumored to be wanting to expand his Nationwide team to cup

I think that the fact that Rusty sucks in the booth wasnt the only deciding factor. I think he is just waiting for his contract with ESPN to expire the he is gonna hi tail it outta there and go cup racing with RWI. ESPN put a clause in his contract that he CANNOT be involved with cup racing while he is with ESPN, and he has been rumored to be wanting to expand his Nationwide team to cup

IC. That would be neat. I miss him whining all the time when he would never win. Can't wait to watch him again go racing. LOL

I believe he is totally comitted to ownership...it is obvious in Rusty Wallace INC...that team was built for his son Steven...and literally he sucks...but he keeps him around

Seems like he is involved in every wreck in the Nationwide races he drives the car way over his head half of the time and uses poor judgement the other half. Driving over your head is okay if you have great car control ,ie, Kyle Busch...Look at Paul Menard...his dad must be baggin Teresa Earnhardt pretty good for him to have that 15 ride still

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)