The Need for SPEED (HD) -- Launches Thursday

It's is all about money, If FOX wanted to be exclusive they could shell out the money when TV package negotiations with NASCAR start back up. It would cost ALOT though

When FOX, NBC and TNT had the deal it was worth $400,000,000.00 a year...when they reworked the broadcast rights it was expected to get $550,000,000.00 a year, with like $250,000,000.00 a year from ABC/ESPN ALONE!

I dont really think that FOX is going to shell out $550,000,000.00 a season to be NASCAR exclusive

The current deal thay have with FOX, ABC/ESPN, TNT, and SPEED is an 8 year deal, that started in 2007

Thanks adamwilkes for both updates

Thanks adamwilkes for both updates

No prob...are you sure Speed is gonna broadcast F1 races is HD....I heard that there were gonna be problems with the FIA about broadcasting the races from over seas in HD to the states through SPEED, I really havent looked into it much since we dont get SPEED in HD yet...I dont want to get excited over nothing

No prob...are you sure Speed is gonna broadcast F1 races is HD....I heard that there were gonna be problems with the FIA about broadcasting the races from over seas in HD to the states through SPEED, I really havent looked into it much since we dont get SPEED in HD yet...I dont want to get excited over nothing

Wow, I haven't heard anything on that. Could be, but I hope not. I am hoping Charlie gives us Speed HD in May or sooner.

Yeah I heard that it will be in HD only over there, not here...but if you are an F1 fan then you know how the FIA is....Remember...they dont "need" the United States?

Yeah I heard that it will be in HD only over there, not here...but if you are an F1 fan then you know how the FIA is....Remember...they dont "need" the United States?

Yes, that really sucks F-1 isn't coming this year. I never understood the reason why Tony George from the Indy place and Formula One guys couldn't work out something. Do you know why?

RIP, I think you are thinking about the IRL and CART reunion, that yes is way over due, they have caused enough damage to open wheel racing in the US now, not to mention in 1997 or 1998 when they split, they thought they were gonna carry it to a new level...they didnt realize the new level would be lower...look at the INDY 500, the race once known as the most prestigeous event in US motorsports...it has shriveled into just "another" race...the Brickyard 400 now carries more prestige than the 500.....

As far as thr FIA and Tony George...they just couldnt make it work..I think the FIA wanted out of the US anyways, and the tire deal and Tony George's stubborness to not change the track lay out led to most of that.PLus money, you pay the FIA and F1 and they will come, but they want ungodly amounts of money to do so.

RIP, I think you are thinking about the IRL and CART reunion, that yes is way over due, they have caused enough damage to open wheel racing in the US now, not to mention in 1997 or 1998 when they split, they thought they were gonna carry it to a new level...they didnt realize the new level would be lower...look at the INDY 500, the race once known as the most prestigeous event in US motorsports...it has shriveled into just "another" race...the Brickyard 400 now carries more prestige than the 500.....

As far as thr FIA and Tony George...they just couldnt make it work..I think the FIA wanted out of the US anyways, and the tire deal and Tony George's stubborness to not change the track lay out led to most of that.PLus money, you pay the FIA and F1 and they will come, but they want ungodly amounts of money to do so.

IC, thanks again adamwilkes. Why did that split in 1997 happen and it became Cart and IRL?

Have you ever heard of the demands the FIA and F1 reps request of the track owners that host races for them? It is unreal...I heard at INDY before the FI race, the team reps have to bo in like a month early to get the garages ready for the teams...plasma tvs, totally redone stalls...their damands can get pretty outrageous

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)