Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Have a hot feed of a game or new channel but didnt know where to post it?

Now you have a spot. The new and improved "whats up there" area. :)

A little history. The Whats up there (WUT) area was created to post feeds that are not posted on Lyngsat/Satcodx etc. These could be sports feeds, news feeds, channels in the clear, etc. Originally it was one where folks asked for access (since it was a private area) and was granted or denied. Most everyone was approved. The ones denied usually either had no setup or were hackers. Then we ran into some issues so it became "invitation only".

After some discussion we have decided to open the area up to all registered members of Satelliteguys. Some of the original concerns have gone away so this will allow us to grow the area and allow all FTA'ers to find and post the info. This is still a private area but everyone can see it (as long as you are registered and logged in).
(for the ones who might wonder, the area is exempt from the "spiders" that harvest info for Yahoo, Google, etc so we're ok there ;) )

Any info that relates to a feed will be posted in the WUT area. This will cut down on info being posted in the main areas

The WUT area will be broken down into 3 categories
sports feeds..all kinds of sports are posted.
news feeds...these are always fun because its the stuff LIVE as it happens. No watered down info on these.
reoccurring. This will be the channels that happen to pop up and be free for a time and arent necessary sports or news feeds

The new WUT area will be active later today and there may be some "construction" for a little while as existing topics in there get moved around. But by the end of the weekend it should be running smoothly :)

So lets have some fun and find those feeds.

Thanks guys

The new forums are now online and are active!

No longer do you have to go somewhere else to discuss feeds. (Just do it in the new forums since those forums are not able to be archived by the search engines) :)

Enjoy!

well I guess that didnt work as planned.

After conversing with Scott we have decided to change it. If you had access beforehand, you still do. New folks can ask for access to it.

You'll see a spot that says "Whats up there" and it says
"This is a special PRIVATE forum for active FTA forum members. To apply for access (and not everyone is accepted) please CLICK HERE."

click on the "click here" and it says "join group". Put a little snippet as to why you want in and its either approved or denied by Scott or myself. Please give us a little time (24 hours max) to go through them.

As it says "(and not everyone is accepted)" so hopefully the decision that is made will be accepted. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me

Thank you for your understanding and patience. We try to strive for the best but when we screw up, we're man enough to admit it :)

well I guess that didnt work as planned.

After conversing with Scott we have decided to change it. If you had access beforehand, you still do. New folks can ask for access to it.

You'll see a spot that says "Whats up there" and it says
"This is a special PRIVATE forum for active FTA forum members. To apply for access (and not everyone is accepted) please CLICK HERE."

click on the "click here" and it says "join group". Put a little snippet as to why you want in and its either approved or denied by Scott or myself. Please give us a little time (24 hours max) to go through them.

As it says "(and not everyone is accepted)" so hopefully the decision that is made will be accepted. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me

Thank you for your understanding and patience. We try to strive for the best but when we screw up, we're man enough to admit it :)

Maybe I am being a little slow this morning. I clicked on the WUT section and got to a page that told me i was not allowed to post anything.

I get that part, however, I did not see anything that said "click here".

I am not sure if it is that the area is underconstruction, or if it is just me. It is before 5:00 AM here.......

Well I spent 5 hours yesterday trying to get something other than LeSEA network on G16. The attempt involved bailing wire, duct tape, tin foil hats and other sundry items. Gave up after several complaints from the neighbors about my language. So instead of a 'WUT section ' , I need a 'WTF! section'.
By the way LeSEA came in great, 80% sig intensity and 60% quality. :)

Maybe I am being a little slow this morning. I clicked on the WUT section and got to a page that told me i was not allowed to post anything.

I get that part, however, I did not see anything that said "click here".

I am not sure if it is that the area is underconstruction, or if it is just me. It is before 5:00 AM here.......

dont click on that section to open the WUT area...it shows "click here" on the main page

Status
Please reply by conversation.

reccomend a good disque switch?

EchoStar 5 a DBS satellite is in the immediate vicinity of 148w

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)