The new I-Phone is a joke

Yeah if you want this type of phone I would go with this one before I would a I-Phone... Just my 2 cents..

Sony XPERIA

Sony Ericsson - XPERIA™ X1

That sounds like a legitimate argument.

Some will like it, some won't.

Here is an article from CNET.com:
The 3G iPhone: It's already here | The Open Road - The Business and Politics of Open Source by Matt Asay - CNET News.com

Their CNET reviewer said, " I get more done and can type much faster on the iPhone than I ever did on my Blackberry (and I was pretty fast on the 'Berry)."

I have noticed on the iPhone that if you hit the wrong character, it doesn't take effect until the finger is lifted. That means if you slide your finger to the right key, the wrong keystroke won't be recorded.

They added Asian language support, with the ability to draw the characters. That might be more useful in Chinese than to have a keyboard. OS X has inkwell support, which also does character recognition. I haven't read if the iPhone uses it or not.

Some may like using a keyboard better, some won't.

Sounds like it could be a valid complaint, depending on your preference.

Today Steve Jobs introduced I-Phone 2.0 which will have 3g and GPR otherwise it is the same as the old IPhone.

Check out Nokia new N96 and this thing blows Iphone out of the water. Also HTC new Windows Mobile Phone is better than the new IPhone. I was hoping that Apple would come out with a great all in one phone-but it did not.

I love my ATT Tilt (HTC). I paid $149 for a refurb (they are new, store models perhaps) and a contract renewal. Blows this stupid iPhone away. I've been using 3G.

I've had an iPhone since day one, and I love it. I can't wait for the iPhone 2.0 software, and the devs to start pumping out new apps. I think SlingPlayer will be a "killer app". It will be pretty awesome to watch and control my 622 on my iPhone! I know there is a lot of anti-Apple and anti-iPhone sentiment out there, but to each his own! :) I'm stoked!

Don't care what people say, I'm getting one in August.

And there you have it. It doesn't matter what Nokia, LG, et al put out this November or even tomorrow. The iPhone wins.

Are there better mp3 players out than the iPod? Sure. But the iPod with iTunes cleaned up in the industry because it's a great solution overall. Is it the most feature-laden? No. But it works. And, most importantly, it's easy to use. People want that. People like that.

The iPhone is a great solution for most folks. A very simple interface. Listen to your music. Watch your videos. Talk on the phone. Take a picture. Surf the web. Simple. Easy.

Now with the addition of 3G and Exchange support - plus native apps...it will be a formidable player in the enterprise world. I know at our company we will be dropping our clunky, cumbersome Windows Mobile devices (Motorola Q Global) as soon as we can get our hands on the iPhone 3G.

The iPhone is easy to use - and it works. That is why everyone else will be lagging behind.

TimR

To some of the things I've read:
"no physical keyboard" - this is billed as a feature, not something it is lacking. to be honest it makes it a lot better, why have a keyboard on the device 100% of the time when you only need it 20% of the time? It's not that bad, and you get used to it---just like you have to get used to a blackberry keyboard

"EVDO radio" - to go with the worldwide standard they went with HSDPA. It's 3G, and around here AT&T has good coverage. I think here your qualm is with AT&T, not with Apple. In your area AT&T may not be the best, around here it's Verizon who sucks

Exchange support - someone posted earlier that it doesn't have activesync-WRONG! It DOES have activesync and has the same Exchange support you get in your Windows Mobile device.

I'm an iPhone owner and am currently typing this from my iPhone at work so I think this is the greatest invention since sliced bread. However, after reading all the details, I dont think its worth it for current owners to upgrade when the new features are minimal. I already make do with the semi-GPS from the last main firmware upgrade and think that the edge network is good enough when I'm not around a wifi connection. If it were to come out with flash support, copy and paste functions, mms capability and stereo Bluetooth then I would be willing to fork over the couple bills. Overall I think this new price point is a no brainer for those that dont have one and want one, just not enough for an upgrade on my part.

I am drooling over the prospect of the slingplayer app.

I've been using GPS, 3G, Slingplayer, etc for quite sometime. Maybe the iPhone will catch up one day. The keyboard is still a deal breaker for me. I love being able to type with my two thumbs without even looking at the phone.

The biggest drawback I'd have on the iPhone would be no WMWifiRouter program to feed the laptop speeds like this:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/1396671-post207.html

And there you have it. It doesn't matter what Nokia, LG, et al put out this November or even tomorrow. The iPhone wins.

Are there better mp3 players out than the iPod? Sure. But the iPod with iTunes cleaned up in the industry because it's a great solution overall. Is it the most feature-laden? No. But it works. And, most importantly, it's easy to use. People want that. People like that.

The iPhone is a great solution for most folks. A very simple interface. Listen to your music. Watch your videos. Talk on the phone. Take a picture. Surf the web. Simple. Easy.

TimR

I honestly think its more of the case that people buy into the hype. If they really cared to research and know that there was something as easy, that did the same thing or better and cheaper; they would buy that; and guess what, there is in almost every case; most people just don't care, because they only care about having what everyone else has, whats hip, fad, cool; they got to keep up with the Jones'. and that is really what it boils down to now days. All this is fine, but they needn't try to convince me that "i-anything" is the best or the only!

I love my ATT Tilt (HTC). I paid $149 for a refurb (they are new, store models perhaps) and a contract renewal. Blows this stupid iPhone away. I've been using 3G.

I'm right there with you. I love my tilt and all the mods I have done to it. One of the best parts to me is NO iTunes. Slingplayer works great right now. I just need my DVR to have it built in.

I've had an iPhone since day one, and I love it. I can't wait for the iPhone 2.0 software, and the devs to start pumping out new apps. I think SlingPlayer will be a "killer app". It will be pretty awesome to watch and control my 622 on my iPhone! I know there is a lot of anti-Apple and anti-iPhone sentiment out there, but to each his own! :) I'm stoked!

SlingPLayer will be a killer app? I have been using SlingPlayer for my Pocket PC phone since it came out (well over a year ago in beta). It worked fine on my Cingular 8125 on the 2.5 network and it works even better on my Tilt (8925) with 3G.

I haven't really heard or seen anything about this new iPhone that hasn't been around for a while in another product. What a boring repackaged product.

I'm right there with you. I love my tilt and all the mods I have done to it. One of the best parts to me is NO iTunes. Slingplayer works great right now. I just need my DVR to have it built in.

I mainly use my Slingplayers (I have two) for my security cameras but I have it hooked up to my cable and DirecTV too. It looked good but stuttered some on the 2.5 Edge network (on my old Cingular 8125) but it works wonderful on my Tilt.

Anybody with a Tilt... get a slingbox and if you have to shell out the $30 for the mobile version, do it, it is worth having on your phone. Sometimes you can get the software for your mobile device free. I think I got my registration code free with the purchase of my second slingbox. Good stuff guys! Good Stuff!

I'm quite interested in seeing how the Android based solutions (Google's Mobile OS) are when they hit the market soon.

Cheers,

It will be supported by several manufactures with several feature on it. It should be out around November--be sure to look at all of the features since google does not lock a manufacture into accepting any feature set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts