The NEW iPhone 4S Discussion

SO, what gets better battery life? Using WiFi or 3G?

Should I just turn it to Wifi when I am at home?

I am at 65% right now, and its only 1:30, I have used it more than I'd normally use the phone, but not THAT much. I did Facetime for about 10 minutes with Todd, and a bunch of texting.

I will admit I get nervous with NO removable battery. (Although I have a New Trent external battery I can use when I need it if I am travelling).

I was at about the same and was happy to be at 65% at right after noon. I do alot of calls on mine during the week for business though. If you find out how to extend , let me know.

Decided to do a quick check to see what type of speeds I was getting with the 4S and I am pretty happy with the results. These are just as good as I was getting with my Inspire 4G.

155556128.png

I'm happy with my defender. Yep, it's bulky. But I don't think I'll crack another screen.

I just leave everything on, and recharge every other day. But sure, turning off 3G will save some 'trons.

Yesterday I was told my seconf phone (actually the first one ordered) would take an additional 7-14 days. It arrived today before noon.

You can't?? When I turn wifi on, 3G disappears on my taskbar (or whatever it is called). I assumed it was gone. It isn't?

Its not gone. If it was you wouldn't receive phone calls. ;)

The iPhone 4 and prior had the option to disable 3G and only use the Edge network on AT&T. From what I have seen and read this option has been removed with the iPhone 4S. Not sure if the iPhone 4 on Verizon ever had this option.

You can turn off cellular data and use wifi only for data tasks. It will run on 1x for calls and texts. I just tried it. This is on verizon.

settings/general/network. Toggle cellular data off.

You can turn off cellular data and use wifi only for data tasks. It will run on 1x for calls and texts. I just tried it. This is on verizon.

Looks like they changed it to only be for data and not voice. Here are the options the old and new settings for AT&T. The iPhone 4 allows to disable just 3G data and use Edge and the 4S disables cellular data all together. I just tried to call with cellular data disabled and it also works on AT&T.

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    45 KB · Views: 88
  • photo-1.PNG
    photo-1.PNG
    43.2 KB · Views: 72
Looks like they changed it to only be for data and not voice. Here are the options the old and new settings for AT&T. The iPhone 4 allows to disable just 3G data and use Edge and the 4S disables cellular data all together. I just tried to call with cellular data disabled and it also works on AT&T.

Must be a GSM thing, as my Network screen doesn't have the Enable 3G. Just has the cellular data one

Got it. Thanks. Worthwhile for when you know you are on wifi all the time, but a bit of a pain other times.

Something folks might not want to forget about:

iPhone - AppleCare+ - Apple Store (U.S.)

THrough Nov 14, you can call to add Apple Care+ (which includes accidental damage) for $99 for pre-ordered phones. Otherwise you have to order it when you buy the phone. I need to do this. For $100 it protects me for 2 years, and I figure it will be close to that long before I get a new phone.

rockymtnhigh said:
No interest in jailbreaking for me. None. Nada. Been there in the Android world. Too much hassle. Not enough benefit.

Each jailbreak I've done has been tremendously easy and the rewards are sufficient to counteract any negatives from having to wait to update iOS until the latest iOS has been jailbroken.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

AT&T Wages Quiet War on Grandfathered Unlimited Users

New Cell Phone Tower but Who's Antenna?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts