The NEW iPhone 4S Discussion

Verizon and Sprint iPhones do not use sim cards.
They may not have them installed out of the box, but they are certainly capable of using them to utilize their "world phone" capabilities. The slot is there, there is just some confusion on whether the card is installed out of the box, or if you actually have to ask for it.

Haven't had time to call Apple, but checking around online it appears this problem has been occurring even for phones like mine which have a slot, but no sim card. Will call Apple later and find out.

Both of our iPhone 4S's from Verizon did not have sim cards installed in them. The only Verizon sim card I have seen has gone into a Blackberry.

I called Apple Care, and we tried to tell if a Sim Card had been installed in my phone, by opening the sim card port, but for whatever reason, I could NOT get that thing to open. Decided to hold off until I bring it to a Verizon Store. They suggested I reset my network settings, but she was not able to find any references to people having this problem. Although she told me "I told tell you all sorts of stories of the problems we have had with Verizon."

The funniest thing was when I was trying to take the Speck case off my phone, I accidentally hit Siri, and I blurted out "Oh Siri, go away" and then Siri comes back with "I'm sorry Michael, I don't understand Oh siri, go away." The woman on Apple Care burst out laughing when she heard it. :D

I've had the sims error come on mine 2-3 times since I got it in October. I have AT&T. I rebooted to fix. If it were to happen more regular, I will call Apple.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts