The NEW iPhone 4S Discussion

Oh, it's a fact that the transition is going to take a year or more? Please, it's your opinion, nothing more.

What is a fact is that Adobe has effectively thrown in the towel and said the HTML 5 is the way to the future. It's a fact that they have been modifying their development tools to support Adobe Air and HTML 5. It's a fact that Flash is going away. It's my opinion that it's going to happen quicker than you think.

Flash works on ICS, how long do you think that will be around? Oh, at least a year? That's an opinion?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

It has already happened. I cannot think of a major site that requires flash any more. Now when they see iPad/phone they auto present without flash content. PC with flash still get the flash content. No major site can afford to ignore the huge number of iPads now in use.

My battery had been draining on my 4S after the last update. Called Apple. Tech told me to do a hard reboot. Problem solved. I had forgotten how good the battery is in this phone. I'm at 56% after fairly heavy app using and email reading since 8 this morning. Throw in music using Bluetooth while running and I'd say I'm good to go.:)

Oy, what an idiot I am. I didn't realize I was still running 5.0.1 beta, and not the final version, and at 8pm est, my phone turned into a brick. Fixed it, but had to do a factory restore and even had to reactivate the phone on Verizon. Lesson learned. :)

Well, my folks have taken the plunge and are getting two iPhone 4S's after living for years on what can only be called a "dumb" phone. They have already bought an iPad, so this should not be too difficult, but I'll be doing over-the-phone counseling about things like:
1)setting up different Apple IDs for iCloud, 2) using the same ID for the app store.

Already told them to spend the $100 on Apple Care+ and take an iPhone class at the Apple store. My father is already calling Apple tech support for help on his iPad; so I figure, this will be a good use of his money. :)

I think we will wait until the iPhone 5 comes out.

Same here. You figure March? Much later?

I previously thought they'd release it when the iPad Next comes out, which is where my March guess came from. But now, I can't help but wonder if they'd rather have two big events spread a few months apart, rather than one big double release. Unless there's some big software improvement.

navychop said:
Same here. You figure March? Much later?

I previously thought they'd release it when the iPad Next comes out, which is where my March guess came from. But now, I can't help but wonder if they'd rather have two big events spread a few months apart, rather than one big double release. Unless there's some big software improvement.

My gut says late summer

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

My wife and I just ordered ourselves Otterbox cases (mine is the blue Defender and hers is the pink one) for our iPhone 4Ss.