The NEW iPhone 4S Discussion

Yesterday iTunes told me I had the latest s/w. But now, 5.0.1 is available and I'm dl it to my 3GS.

Should we restart the speculation on what features will be in the iPhone Next and when it will appear? Or hold off until after the iPad Next is released? ;)

navychop said:
Yesterday iTunes told me I had the latest s/w. But now, 5.0.1 is available and I'm dl it to my 3GS.

Should we restart the speculation on what features will be in the iPhone Next and when it will appear? Or hold off until after the iPad Next is released? ;)

How is iOS 5 running on your 3GS? I've been holding off installing it on my mom's 3GS after reading some accounts on it slowing the phone way down.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

How is iOS 5 running on your 3GS? I've been holding off installing it on my mom's 3GS after reading some accounts on it slowing the phone way down.

Its been running fine on my 16gb 3GS. I haven't noticed any slow downs. I am downloading the 5.0.1 update OTA to it right now.

It goes without saying but I'll say it anyway. Avoid 5.01 if you are jailbreaking until further info is available.

osu1991 said:
Its been running fine on my 16gb 3GS. I haven't noticed any slow downs. I am downloading the 5.0.1 update OTA to it right now.

Thanks. That's great to know.

dangue said:

It runs well on mine and with the Cydia APPs as well

My problem was it often, but not always, sucked down the battery.

navychop said:
My problem was it often, but not always, sucked down the battery.

+1.
My 4s battery life is great.
Had 3Gs about a week with 5.0 and battery went quick. I use it as itouch and will update to see if there is any difference.

BTW. I really like the OTA update method.:)

I have to ask, why would you neeed to jailbreak now? facetime over 3g would be the only thing I want right now.
I've never used FaceTime, nor can I since I have an iPad1 and iPhone 3GS

I JB for many of the other APPs that I do use which are much more important too me than anything iOS 5 can bring, such as: LocSpof (fake location to avoid MLB blackout rules), SBSettings, Display out (able to mirror any APP to a secondary monitor/projector), MyWi (seldom use but does come in handy those few times I need to check something online), 3G Unrestrictor (allows you to use APPs over 3G that are normally limited to WiFi), and Fullforce (run iPhone APPs at full resolution on iPad)

Last edited:
DodgerKing said:
I've never used FaceTime, nor can I since I have an iPad1 and iPhone 3GS

I JB for many of the other APPs that I do use which are much more important too me than anything iOS 5 can bring, such as: LocSpof (fake location to avoid MLB blackout rules), SBSettings, Display out (able to mirror any APP to a secondary monitor/projector), MyWi (seldom use but does come in handy those few times I need to check something online), 3G Unrestrictor (allows you to use APPs over 3G that are normally limited to WiFi), and Fullforce (run iPhone APPs at full resolution on iPad)

I'm not jail broken any more. I thought the main reason for me to jail break was to use MiWi. I now have wifi in my office, so now I can use my iPad. No reason to jail break. Now that I read your post,I am missing pretty much the same Cydia aps you just mentioned. The biggest being SBsettings.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

SBSettings is a big one for me as well. I am so used to it, when I use another person's phone I inadvertently attempt to use it before I realize they do not have it

DodgerKing said:
SBSettings is a big one for me as well. I am so used to it, when I use another person's phone I inadvertently attempt to use it before I realize they do not have it

I know. I find myself swiping at the top of my devices trying to open it up.

I know. I find myself swiping at the top of my devices trying to open it up.

:D

I do that all of the time

Just today a teacher was having trouble opening an APP and I told her to take it off WiFi because the server blocks access. She did not know how so I showed her by swiping the top of the phone to bring up SBSettings shortcut before I realized she does not have that option. :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)