The NEW iPhone 4S Discussion

Try updating from ITunes.....

No battery improvement as far as I can tell..... About the same from the 3G I upgraded from, which I hear was also a hog.... But I hear it is a step down for the 3GS and 4 folks....

Unplugged at full charge at 9am. Was down to 75% at noon with no phone calls, and very light use checking some messages....

A lot of your battery use will be dependent on if you are using push or fetch on email, frequency of checks, connected to wi-fi or 3G, and other app specific factors.

My iPhone 4S is at 97% at 12:06pm, I un-charged it around 9am, it was on charger when listening to Audible.com in the car for 10 minutes, but uncharged when walking while listening for 15 minutes. Today the battery is remaining very strong. I am on wifi in a coffee shop, and have been on wifi for about 2 hours. Still, this is excellent.

C Spire (Cellular South) launched the 4s and the 4 today, and sold out online, and at all stores (i have heard) well before lunchtime.

Mine syncs up email fairly often, plus all the location services are used, except the time zone verification that I disabled (I don't travel THAT often). I'm just getting used to plugging it in more often. I also carry around a battery pack that plugs into the bottom and charges on the fly (Kensington makes a good one that charges the IPhone and the spare battery in a docking station). I also picked up a battery at Brookstone when I forgot the battery once. I swap them out like gun clips now during heavy usage days.....

Mine syncs up email fairly often, plus all the location services are used, except the time zone verification that I disabled (I don't travel THAT often). I'm just getting used to plugging it in more often. I also carry around a battery pack that plugs into the bottom and charges on the fly (Kensington makes a good one that charges the IPhone and the spare battery in a docking station). I also picked up a battery at Brookstone when I forgot the battery once. I swap them out like gun clips now during heavy usage days.....

I turned off Push and set it to Fetch mail every 30 minutes. Saves juice, and I really don't care if there is a small delay with email, since most of the day I am on a computer anyway.

Not surprised.

Yeah, a guy I know pre ordered and went to pick it up in store, he showed up at 9, and as of an hour ago he still had not made it inside, and this is in our small town store. I imagine larger towns are just as bad if not more so.

Yeah, a guy I know pre ordered and went to pick it up in store, he showed up at 9, and as of an hour ago he still had not made it inside, and this is in our small town store. I imagine larger towns are just as bad if not more so.

All this for a phone that initially got bad reviews for what it didn't have:)

All this for a phone that initially got bad reviews for what it didn't have:)

:D

The bad reviews had absolutely nothing to do with customer demand. The tech bloggers and the geeks always want something new - the iPhone 4S took a good design, re-did the internals, including a faster processor, cranked up the camera specs, added 1080p video, and added new functionality with iCloud and Siri, and it is satisfying everybody but the geek/blogger who needs to look for something to complain about or some feature they just have to have for some unclear reason.

MY GOD! The iPhone 4S only has 512MB of ram -- unlike every Android phone which ships today with 1GB. The horror. It must not be up to task. Wrong. Closed garden ecosystem, tightly integrated hardware and software, and 512MB is all anyone with an iPhone needs. :)

MY GOD! The iPhone 4S only has 512MB of ram -- unlike every Android phone which ships today with 1GB. The horror. It must not be up to task. Wrong. Closed garden ecosystem, tightly integrated hardware and software, and 512MB is all anyone with an iPhone needs. :)
You'll be hearing this a lot more in the future since they can't bitch about the lack of Flash anymore.

Not really, until sites stop using Flash, and if they haven't by now they'll continue to do so until they redesign for the most part. But there's another thread for that discussion.

Sorry to interrupt the high five's though.
Keep telling yourself that, you might convince yourself that it's true. Adobe's announcement was the final nail in the Flash coffin. Developers of mainstream websites will be moving to HTML5 now. It makes little difference to me since I don't encounter Flash content often enough to worry about it.

Keep telling yourself that, you might convince yourself that it's true. Adobe's announcement was the final nail in the Flash coffin. Developers of mainstream websites will be moving to HTML5 now. It makes little difference to me since I don't encounter Flash content often enough to worry about it.

Except the browser plugin isn't going anywhere. This could have zero affect on Android for a year or more, with ICS having the plugin, and RIM is going to work on it themselves to ensure compatibility with their future devices and software.

...none of that is my opinion. As usual you can't actually discuss anything like this and instead have to back all things Apple at every step.

Even if they announced the death of the browser plugin it would take years to transition because of how slow new browser adoption rates are. The Flash plugin offers a common ground for all browsers while HTML5 Look at how long it's taking to bury IE 6.

Meanwhile all the fanboys are celebrating like a droid has been released that flash doesn't work on, without realizing that most flash the last 3 years is intended for a desktop browser, not a phone. There's little reason to expect that to change outside the normal evolution of the web.

As usual you resort to calling people fan boys when you really don't have a good argument to support your position. BTW, I've been using windows based PCs since I started my business in 1991. I'm still using PCs for all of my app development though I do plan to make a change with it comes time to upgrade my current system. If there's a fan boy among us it's an Android/Adobe fan boy.

As usual you resort to calling people fan boys when you really don't have a good argument to support your position. BTW, I've been using windows based PCs since I started my business in 1991. I'm still using PCs for all of my app development though I do plan to make a change with it comes time to upgrade my current system. If there's a fan boy among us it's an Android/Adobe fan boy.

Except that I'm making posts by presenting facts and all you are able to come back with is 'keep telling yourself that'.

While I type my replies from an iPad...

The only facts about Flash presented here are the ones related to Adobe dropping new versions of Flash for mobile devices. Everything else about Flash has just been the opinion of the respective posters.

Oh, it's a fact that the transition is going to take a year or more? Please, it's your opinion, nothing more.

What is a fact is that Adobe has effectively thrown in the towel and said the HTML 5 is the way to the future. It's a fact that they have been modifying their development tools to support Adobe Air and HTML 5. It's a fact that Flash is going away. It's my opinion that it's going to happen quicker than you think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts