THE NEW NETFLIX PLANS--NO PLAN FOR "STREAMERS" ONLY ON EXTRA BOXES?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

radio

"On the Air" in MI
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2007
West Central Michigan
Just spent a good 10 minutes navigating the Netflix page. Perhaps I've missed something. I'm mainly a person who uses streaming. I have two Roku boxes, seldom found a need for both to be on, except if guests are here, then one does Netflix, and one Amazon or a "free" service that's non-Netflix. (I am on the one DVD at a time plan, for unlimited streaming on ONE device.)

Interesting that with the re-structuring of plans and prices that they didn't account for people who want "streaming only" but on multiple boxes simultaneously. I would actually have considered that at the same or slightly increased price. They decreased the price for "streaming only" but, offered no "multiple device" plans, unless I missed them somewhere.

I find it annoying that "contacting" them is by pre-made forms and Q & A. No place to specifically communicate easily to suggest this or ask about it!

Thoughts?

I'm on the streaming plan only with no dvds. I pay $8.65 a month with tax included for it. Try going into your account and check and see if that plan is available to you and change to it .That is what I did.

My point exactly!

I have multiple boxes, and the "option" in their plans was always if you had the 2-DVD at a time, you could use (2) boxes at the same time. Since they're changing their business plans to tailor to us "streaming only" people, shouldn't they also come up with a mechanism for "multiple streaming" locations since many people don't use the DVD's anyway? Seems like a half-donkey way to do things. While appealing to "streaming-only" by price reduction, they offer no option for people with multiple location needs.

I'll be many folks would pay a couple extra bucks above the "stream only" for multiple location use, and feel more like Netflix addressed their needs. Its going to force those who don't use DVD's to keep the DVD-type tiers of service, which for Netflix is a good thing, but in terms of public relations and streamers' needs (in my opinion) is a mistake.

I called and asked..u can have up to 6 devices active on one account..however..if u have a 1 DVD plan only 1 device can be active..if u have a 2 DVD plan 2 devices can be active at the same time and so forth to the 6 DVD plan where u can have 6 devices active at the same time...

I called and asked..u can have up to 6 devices active on one account..however..if u have a 1 DVD plan only 1 device can be active..if u have a 2 DVD plan 2 devices can be active at the same time and so forth to the 6 DVD plan where u can have 6 devices active at the same time...

Yes, but not his question!

Radio, it does appear when they offer the streaming only they have no way to make that for more than one appliance at the same time. When attached to a DVD subscription as noted, you can for each number of DVD's at a time you get. I'm going to guess part of the problem is how would they stop someone from getting one subscription, then share it with a friend, splitting the cost..... Your idea of charging something reasonably more for the second device sounds like something they should do.

Yes, but not his question!

Radio, it does appear when they offer the streaming only they have no way to make that for more than one appliance at the same time. When attached to a DVD subscription as noted, you can for each number of DVD's at a time you get. I'm going to guess part of the problem is how would they stop someone from getting one subscription, then share it with a friend, splitting the cost..... Your idea of charging something reasonably more for the second device sounds like something they should do.
they need to update the name of the plans..should say 6dvd/6 devices etc and maybe give a slight discount to those don't want DVDs..

they need to update the name of the plans..should say 6dvd/6 devices etc and maybe give a slight discount to those don't want DVDs..

Since every "appliance" has to be registered anyway, you'd think today in this 'instant authorization' world, that if you're on the streaming-only, they could bill automatically for extra boxes, and if you go "off" the streaming only" the plan would adjust to allow the extras.

Since every "appliance" has to be registered anyway, you'd think today in this 'instant authorization' world, that if you're on the streaming-only, they could bill automatically for extra boxes, and if you go "off" the streaming only" the plan would adjust to allow the extras.
u should be able to have as many boxes as u want but only allowed to use " x amount" at the same time..with the internet that should not be a problem

Exactly. We know we can already have multiple boxes of many types.

But...... they are not offering a multiple STREAM service to the VERY PEOPLE who use the streaming-only. For multiple streams presently, you must a have a multiple DVD plan. The point of the thread is that they are not properly addressing the needs of streamers-only by introducing a one-stream only (at a time) plan. Its not well thought-out. Something similar to (cough, ick) pizza-dish subs where an extra few dollars activates additional boxes is what I was hoping they'd consider. It seems logical, right? And, it still saves many people over other media costs!

Since the system already detects if you have more than one stream "on' based on the plan, it shouldn't be too hard to devise a way for Netflix to make (reasonable) money for additional streams without a DVD plan. There's plenty of guest rooms that would LOVE to have this, I bet!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)