The "Next" HD Tivo????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cr0mag

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 22, 2004
New Orleans, LA
I'm sure someone else has seen these things too, but does anyone know if the new RCA DVR10 will be the 'model' for the next gen D* high def. DVR? I've heard that all the new D* boxes will be RCA's, so maybe this is going to be the predecessor? :smug

Isn't the DVR10 essentially just a hard drive in a firewire enclosure?

Bear said:
Isn't the DVR10 essentially just a hard drive in a firewire enclosure?
That's what it looks like ot me, but it is being touted as a HD DVR and it would make sense that this could be a stepping stone to less expensive HD DVRs for D*. I know that sales are doing well, even at the $999 range, but the number of sales would go up dramatically if they offered a less expensive solution.

I am not sure if this is what is being referred, but there is R10 that's supposed to come out soon. However, that's not an HD DVR. It's SD only.

Hong.

I found the owners manual on the RCA web site for the DVR10. Find it here.

It only appears to have 1394 ports (no HDMI, component, composite, etc). Also, it does not appear to use the TiVo interface. Is this thing like an "add-on" for a regular D* HD receiver???

I don't see how it could. None of the D* HD receivers have 1394 ports.

That DVR10 is not a Tivo nor is it a D* receiver whatsoever. If you read, it's a firewire only DVR meant to be used with digital TV's w/ 1394 outputs.

Ahhhh..... Guess I'm just pipe dreaming.... I'm still hoping for a less expensive HD DVR tuner. Maybe in a few more months...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)