The NFL Blotter Report

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Report: Gary Kubiak expected to become Denver Broncos' next head coach http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...enver-broncos--next-head-coach-024540913.html
Gary Kubiak sent out word previously that he was happy being the offensive coordinator of the Baltimore Ravens. But that was before the Denver Broncos and John Fox parted ways.Kubiak will return to Denver to coach the team he spent nine years as a player — backing up current Broncos vice president John Elway — and 11 as an offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach. He last coached with the Broncos in the 2005 season, after which he became the head coach of the Houston Texans for the next eight seasons.The Ravens lose an offensive coordinator who led them to nearly 100 more points scored this season compared to the 2013 campaign without adding many major players outside of receiver Steve Smith. After the Ravens' loss to the New England Patriots in the divisional round of the playoffs, Kubiak's name came up as a possible candidate for the Chicago Bears' head coaching opening.Kubiak passed, saying he was happy calling plays for an up-and-coming team. But when Fox left, it opened up Kubiak's dream job, it would appear.The Broncos are a fascinating study, given that Peyton Manning's status — after a tough run and a quad injury down the stretch — is unknown. But maybe that is a good thing. Kubiak reportedly told the Texans that he wasn't interested in adding Manning, when he was a free agent, favoring Matt Schaub instead.In addition, the Broncos also have a number of key free agents and likely will move on from the majority of the coaching staff that led the team to 38 wins and three playoff appearances the past three seasons.Nonetheless, Elway got his man to coach the team. The two are exceptionally close, and their relationship — forged in the mid-1980s as players — has come full circle. Can they take the talented Broncos not only back to the postseason, but also to the promised land?
When the Broncos' job opened up, everything changed. The former Broncos quarterback and offensive coordinator reportedly had a change of heart. Mike Klis ? @MikeKlis
Follow

Broncos finalizing 4-year contract with Gary Kubiak to make him head coach. He will be introduced as soon as Tuesday.
8:10 PM - 18 Jan 2015

Are you saying this is a crime? THIS IS the Blotter Report. Speaking of which,the whole Patriot organization might end up here.
He just likes posting a hundred links all over the site. As far as the NFL fodder, yes keep it here in this thread. Enjoy.......

This may not be as outlandish as it sounds,but I'm willing to predict that Chip Kelly will not last the season.

One of Chip Kelly's most controversial trades is in danger of backfiring
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/one-chip-kellys-most-controversial-190028825.html

Sam Bradford? Tim Tebow? By the end of this season,Mark Sanchez will be starting QB again. It's the Eagles good fortune that the Redskins will probably be worse than them.

This may not be as outlandish as it sounds,but I'm willing to predict that Chip Kelly will not last the season.

One of Chip Kelly's most controversial trades is in danger of backfiring
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/one-chip-kellys-most-controversial-190028825.html

Sam Bradford? Tim Tebow? By the end of this season,Mark Sanchez will be starting QB again. It's the Eagles good fortune that the Redskins will probably be worse than them.

I'm sorry,but I have to make this last comment & then I'll let it go,Chip Kelly should have been fired for signing Tim Tebow alone,AND THEN TELLING HIM THAT HE HAD A CHANCE TO MAKE THE TEAM. If I was Tim Tebow & a coach told me that,I'd first check to make sure that he wasn't under any psychiatric care,& secondly check to make sure that he recently had not escaped from some inpatient care facility.

Cam,Cam,Cam........
Cam Newton, Josh Norman scuffle in practice after QB throws pick
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...lina-panthers-gets-scuffle-shoves-josh-norman

The Panthers need to keep Cam out of fights or THIS can happen
Meet the man who broke Geno Smith's jaw, and find out why he did it
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...jet-who-broke-geno-smith-s-jaw-205318494.html

Ok,for a commoner like me,$600.00 IS a lot of money,but.........to bust your QB's jaw over $600.00? Sorry Ikemefuna "IK" Enemkpali,I've never heard of you,& most likely after this massive screw up on your part,I'll probably never ever hear of you again,because I doubt that even a CFL team will pick you up & I don't watch the Arena Football League. $600.00 will probably be your paycheck there.

Edit: from Wikipedia
When Enemkpali was 19, he punched a police officer during a bar fight before being subdued with pepper spray and a stun gun. Enemkpali was later charged with simple battery, placed on 13 months' probation, and ordered to complete 32 hours of community service and an anger-management course.

Geno Smith is probably a cheap a** jerk who deserved it,but Enemkpali sounds like an immature hothead who cannot control his temper. He'll most likely never play in the NFL again,especially if he's prone to injuring his team's meal ticket.
I posted this article because I thought that it was significant that Geno was injured & will be out a significant amount of time,further hurting the Jets this season.

NFL another step closer to team(s) relocating to L.A. ... but which one(s)?
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...g-to-l-a------but-which-one-s--011915755.html

IMO,the NFL cannot stop all three teams from moving to L.A. The Carson Stadium is predicated on BOTH the Chargers AND the Raiders moving into it,as that's the only way they can get it built. Stan Kroenke will build his stadium with his own money,& the NFL cannot stop him from moving his team from St. Louis to L.A.,AND he does not intend to share his stadium,that he bought,payed for,& built WITH HIS OWN MONEY,with another team,the Chargers or the Raiders. If the NFL tries to stop any of these teams from moving to L.A.,they be taken to court & sued(haven't they learned anything form the late Al Davis & the Raiders?). If both the Raiders & the Chargers sign a contract with the city of Carson to move their teams there,then all three will sue the NFL if it stands in the way. the Rams will move to L.A. & the Jaguars will move to St. Louis. Roger Goodell doesn't have the magic touch anymore to stop any of this. Just take the money for relocation & suck it up. The NFL would have to personally build a stadium in San Diego,with its own money,& then offer to make up for the loss that the Carson Stadium would suffer from having only one team instead of two,IF they only want 2 teams in L.A.(the Raiders moving is a given,the NFL has already stated that it is not viable,in any universe,for the Raiders to stay in Oakland).

Last edited:
The Rams,Raiders,& Chargers should not wait for NFL permission. The Rams' owner Stan Kroenke should put the NFL on the spot by IMMEDIATELY breaking ground at the Inglewood property he owns & start building that stadium. There's nothing the NFL can do if it's his money paying for it,he can take them(the NFL) to court later if they try to stop the Rams from moving there. The same goes with the Raiders & Chargers,immediately sign an agreement with Carson & get started on that stadium. they can also take the NFL to court if the NFL attempts to put a stop to it. The NFL opened this Pandora's Box by using Los Angeles as leverage to get other cities to build stadiums on the taxpayers' dime. This whole fiasco will definitely put the NFL in a bind of their own making,& it will hopefully be the final nail in the coffin to get Goodell fired.

The more realistic thing that the NFL can do is to drive a stake through the heart of the Carson Stadium plan,tell the Chargers that it will help them to build a stadium in San Diego only(the Carson taxpayers will appreciate it because they're off the hook for that new stadium). The NFL can tell the Rams that they can move to Los Angeles ONLY if the Raiders become co-tenants in that new stadium the Rams' owner wants to build,& the NFL will help finance it for the Raiders' sake. The end scenario is that NFL football will stay San Diego,which is what the NFL wanted all along,& only Oakland &,eventually,Jacksonville(because the Jaguars will move to St. Louis to replace the Rams) will be without NFL teams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts