The NFL will announce who is awarded the 2014 Super Bowl at 4PM EST today

AND I think that would be a great atmosphere....but Mr. Goodell should NOT be threating South Florida to never host a Super Bowl again because he would like an expanded roof on the stadium to prevent raindrops from dampening the festivities.

You really should read the whole thread. Goodell specifically said a roof DOES NOT have to be part of the renovations. ;)

Sandra

I think it is a bad mistake. I don't care about the teams playing in it as much as I do about the fans who will be trying to get there. If I pay $200 or more for a seat and there is a huge blizzard and I can't get there, I would sue the pants off the NFL.
Yeah but they have played in places like Florida to keep the fans happy for years. . If they did have a blizzard that would stop the game but that's about it.

You really should read the whole thread. Goodell specifically said a roof DOES NOT have to be part of the renovations. ;)

Sandra

ANd if you believe THAT ONE....I have PLENTY of "ocean front property" you can purchase REALLY cheap. :rolleyes:;)

It was NO hidden secret how pissed the league when it rained on the half time festivities.....

The weather won't be matter much if two Southern (or two northern) teams play each other. No team will have an advantage then. ;)

it has NOTHING to do with advantage and ALL to do about 'the Super Bowl experience'...;) Goodell was seen and reported livid about the rain in and around the Miami area the day of the Super Bowl. As if we did this on purpose....

...hey, I am glad the NYC area got a Super Bowl...hell, MORE northern cities should have the opportunity to host one. But don't come here to Miami bitching about renovations when over $200 million was already spent on the stadium and PRETENDING it is not for a roof....

..this is MAJOR talk down here.

You don't know much about Florida weather in the winter do you? From late December till almost March, that is the driest time of the year. You SELDOM get rain, much less a rain storm.

I guess watching the Bears and Colts play IN THE RAIN at Joe Robbie Stadium a few years ago IN FEBRUARY made me think rain is possible there in February. :rolleyes:

Sandra

ANd if you believe THAT ONE....I have PLENTY of "ocean front property" you can purchase REALLY cheap.

Oh, so you're screaming conspiracy theory. I get it.

It was NO hidden secret how pissed the league when it rained on the half time festivities.....

And yet they awarded the game to an open air stadium in the Northeast.

Sandra

I guess watching the Bears and Colts play IN THE RAIN at Joe Robbie Stadium a few years ago IN FEBRUARY made me think rain is possible there in February. :rolleyes:

Sandra

So Miami has had the Super Bowl 12 times and NOW the team should spend ANOTHER $200+ million MORE because it rained ONCE??!!! Seriously.....your sample size is 1 in 12??!! Thank GOD you don't work as an accountant...:rolleyes:

So Miami has had the Super Bowl 12 times and NOW the team should spend ANOTHER $200+ million MORE because it rained ONCE??!!! Seriously.....your sample size is 1 in 12??!! Thank GOD you don't work as an accountant...:rolleyes:

Well at least we established the idea that it can't rain on the Super Bowl because of the whole YOU SELDOM GET RAIN announcement was hogwash.

Sandra

Last edited:
Well at least we established the idea that it can't rain on the Super Bowl because of the whole YOU SELDOM GET RAIN announcement was hogwash.

Sandra

Hmmmmm......

Main Entry: 1sel·dom
Pronunciation: \?sel-d?m\
Function: adverb

: in few instances : rarely, infrequently

....I don't know, that sounds like once in ever 12 times to me....;)

This thread has turned into one big steaming pile of.........

fluff1.jpg

The first white out SB that causes viewers to change channels will be the end of this nonsense. How much is a minute of AD time during the SB?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)