The NFL will announce who is awarded the 2014 Super Bowl at 4PM EST today

It's about time. They play all year in the rain cold heat etc. Still not a guarantee that the Weather might be cold on the day they play but I like it.

No team has ever played a Super Bowl in their home stadium...........imagine a Jets-Giants SB in 2014 (not a too far fetched possibility, BTW)!!!

No team has ever played a Super Bowl in their home stadium...........imagine a Jets-Giants SB in 2014 (not a too far fetched possibility, BTW)!!!

Hmmmm .....
Interesting thought there.
The Jets continue to improve, hmm could be.........

Then again, No team has played on home field yet.

I think Lambeau should be next !!!!

10* on the first Sunday in Feb. !!!!

The best football championship I've ever watched was the 1996 Grey Cup in Hamilton between Doug Flutie's Toronto Argonauts and the Edmonton Eskimos. The game was played in a driving snowstorm and the Argos won 43-37. A cold, nasty weather game can only add to the Super Bowl's legendary history and will be remembered for ages.

The best football championship I've ever watched was the 1996 Grey Cup in Hamilton between Doug Flutie's Toronto Argonauts and the Edmonton Eskimos. The game was played in a driving snowstorm and the Argos won 43-37. A cold, nasty weather game can only add to the Super Bowl's legendary history and will be remembered for ages.

AND I think that would be a great atmosphere....but Mr. Goodell should NOT be threating South Florida to never host a Super Bowl again because he would like an expanded roof on the stadium to prevent raindrops from dampening the festivities.:mad::rant:

Because weather in the northeast is WAY too unpredictable in February than in the southeast.

I think this is a good idea.

The history of the NFL is littered with famous games with rough weather that most of us remember:

My Bills played in some super cold games during their glory years, BillD can remember many a chilly Patriots game.

Some playoff games are remembered for the weather (Giants/Packers a few years ago). If playoff games can be remembered for their weather, why not a Super Bowl?

I think this is a good idea.

The history of the NFL is littered with famous games with rough weather that most of us remember:

My Bills played in some super cold games during their glory years, BillD can remember many a chilly Patriots game.

Some playoff games are remembered for the weather (Giants/Packers a few years ago). If playoff games can be remembered for their weather, why not a Super Bowl?

I hear what you're saying, I really do, but the SB is different because it's not just about the game. It will be interesting to see the NFL pull off pre/post, and most importantly halftime festivities in a raging snowstorm! :eek:

All that said, I'm willing to keep an open mind about this.

Who knows, the elements could turn the Super Bowl into an all time classic......

In Miami or Tampa you always have the very real chance of playing the game during a driving rainstorm.

Sandra
Oh please. At least you can see the game. I will bust a gut laughing if the SB is a white screen of snow and the ratings tank because no one can see anything on their sets.

In Miami or Tampa you always have the very real chance of playing the game during a driving rainstorm.

Sandra

You don't know much about Florida weather in the winter do you? From late December till almost March, that is the driest time of the year. You SELDOM get rain, much less a rain storm.

Oh please. At least you can see the game. I will bust a gut laughing if the SB is a white screen of snow and the ratings tank because no one can see anything on their sets.

Besides, the Super Bowl is seldom about the game for those who attend it and ALL about the festivities surround the event. How many times you hear people that do not have their team in the Super Bowl, are actually looking forward MORE to the commercials than the game itself....

I think it is a bad mistake. I don't care about the teams playing in it as much as I do about the fans who will be trying to get there. If I pay $200 or more for a seat and there is a huge blizzard and I can't get there, I would sue the pants off the NFL.

I like that Jersey, an outdoor stadium will have the opportunity to host a Super Bowl. And now that the NFL seems fine with that idea, I think ALL other 32 NFL teams should have the opportunity to host a Super Bowl too. They can do it on a rotating basis. Lambeau Field, Soldier Field, Cleveland Browns Stadium, The Ralph. I'd love to see the big game in a different city/stadium for 32 consecutive years. The Super Bowl generates A LOT of money for a city and that money should be eligible to northern cities too.

ESPN showed a graphic last night, charting the weather in New Jersey for each of the last 5 dates the Super Bowl has been played. The most significant weather was a trace of snow, with little to no accumulation one year. I love how the warmer city residents are freaking out about this though...

ESPN showed a graphic last night, charting the weather in New Jersey for each of the last 5 dates the Super Bowl has been played. The most significant weather was a trace of snow, with little to no accumulation one year. I love how the warmer city residents are freaking out about this though...
Same could be said about Atlanta, but then an ice storm hit when they held the Super Bowl. Weather is a gamble, no matter where you are.

http://atlanta.bizjournals.com/atlanta/stories/2005/05/23/daily29.html

Atlanta last hosted a Super Bowl in 2000, and the event had a $292 million economic impact on the local economy. However, the event was marred by a lengthy ice storm, and part of the Falcons' bid for the 2009 game included meteorological data to show the ice storm was a freak event.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)