THE OFFICAL DIRECTV EQUIPTMENT THREAD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnv1970

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 16, 2004
Finally the Samsung gets a dang software Upgrade Will reports bugs if i find any just got it at 3am This Morning

Looks like picture quality improved but the digtal signal meter still sucks oh well

Upgrade to 1.2.12

I also got the 1.2.12 upgrade (was 1.2.03) this morning (10/5) at 3am.

And guess what, the STB will not decode any programming. I get a message that says "For ordering info call customer service x745." So I called, rebooted the box w/o the card, reinstalled the card, sevice immediately came back on but only worked for about an hour then quit again with the same message. Called again, they're overnighting a new card.

I'm suspicious that this STB which has worked perfectly (only a month old) would suddenly develop a defective card the very same day a software upgrade was made.

Anybody else with similar problems?

Volunteer said:
I'm suspicious that this STB which has worked perfectly (only a month old) would suddenly develop a defective card the very same day a software upgrade was made.

It is possible though, after firmware updates the access card is also updated with the new programming information including the receivers model, serial and firmware rev.

Access cards get nuked by the system all the time, in 7 years with 3 I have had 3 fail on me.

My box recieved the update as well. The box seems to run a bit faster / smoother. (it used to lag a bit on remote response) and that seems a lot better.

I will have to watch some more HD to see if the PQ has improved any - however - it was pretty darn nice before!!!

Was your reciever in standby mode when you got the update? I have yet to get it. I can agree about the HD picture. It looks great here. I really don't think a software update on a reciever will improve picture quality any.

Lem52

I now have the upgrade. If it changed anything, I can't tell it at all.

One of the major flaws (for me) in this reciever, is it won't deliver closed captions on anything that is INPUT into the reciever except SAT/ANT. So anyone that needs captions, you won't get them if you hookup your DVD, Cable box, SVIDEO, or anything else and then then switch between them. I have not tried hooking up anything since the upgrade to see if it still had this problem.

Lem52

Volunteer said:
I also got the 1.2.12 upgrade (was 1.2.03) this morning (10/5) at 3am.

And guess what, the STB will not decode any programming. I get a message that says "For ordering info call customer service x745." So I called, rebooted the box w/o the card, reinstalled the card, sevice immediately came back on but only worked for about an hour then quit again with the same message. Called again, they're overnighting a new card.

I have the same problem. And getting another access card also.

there is a problem with the samsung hd receivers there is a bug the nag is 745 my receiver is 3 weeks old the problem started on oct 5 when i called today they said there will be a update soon. they think it has to do with the new update they lauched the new sattlite for the new locals that is why we got a new update. they think the new up date is messing up the samsung hd receivers there should be a up date soon

hey first time posting i view your comment all time because at one time i may have talk talk to one of you call me all time at work ask about getting more hd programing i work for one of csr departments at directv may have notice that a lot ird my be updated it only support 72.5 local and international programing some of ird have been fry by updated like rca 435rh and let you know that sir-ts360 have been too you will get ext 745 if your ird has fry talk to tier 2 agent should be able to replace your ird for free

Failed Upgrade

The new access card did not fix my problem so I exchanged my 360 at BB because it was just under the 30day return. The new box got the upgrade this morning it is working okay.

dnbassassin said:
hey first time posting i view your comment all time because at one time i may have talk talk to one of you call me all time at work ask about getting more hd programing i work for one of csr departments at directv may have notice that a lot ird my be updated it only support 72.5 local and international programing some of ird have been fry by updated like rca 435rh and let you know that sir-ts360 have been too you will get ext 745 if your ird has fry talk to tier 2 agent should be able to replace your ird for free

Holy Runon Sentence, Batman!!!!!!!

My 360 got the update with no issues by the way.

THE OFFICAL EQUIPTMENT TREND

Hello everyone! I am new here and I was wondering if anyone was having problems with their samsung reciever? I have a problem with picture quality for anything other that hd. I watch football games in sd and they are very, very fuzzy. At first I thought it was just the difference between hd and sd. So I connected a standard rca reciever to the tv and "WOW" what a difference! Has anyone else noticed this? Thanks in advance for the replies!

Hi. I'm new here. Wish I had found you a few days ago, but I spent several hours on hold and with two levels of DirecTV tech support today trying to nail down the same problem. (We began receiving error messages a few hours after that upgrade came down the pike Tuesday, and even after repeated reboots, we are plagued by occasional, fleeting dropouts of service.)

The first level of tech support knew nothing, but at least bucked me up to a higher level. There, I finally was told this: They said a software glitch, still unidentified, is the root cause and is widely affecting Samsung HD receivers. They are sending me a new HD receiver by FedEx at no charge, offered to dispatch a tech if necessary, and offered me a rebate for lost service.

Apparently, this problem is now widespread and a policy is in place to deal with it, though you have to struggle mightily to learn of this.

What about the video jumping all over the place on ESPN HD, mostly when they switch to a commercial? Do you see any complete blackouts for a split second to a second or two? I am getting these 2 problems in addition to 2 lines appearing across the bottom of the screen, the 2 lines which are thin black lines, disappear if I turn off the reciever. Its not all the time that the lines appear, but occasionally. I was getting all this before the update of the software. Have had this reciever since July1, 04.

Lem52

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)