THE OFFICAL DIRECTV EQUIPTMENT THREAD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Neutron said:
martin, welcome to Satelliteguys.us!

People have had issues with that Samsung model though they appeared to get better over time. If you can I would swap that thing out with a Hughes HTL-HD. I have that particular receiver and I haven't had a lick of trouble with it. It displays both HD and SD just fine though I have noticed the picture quality degrade thanks to NFL Sunday Ticket taking up bandwidth. If you have locals you will probably notice the worst on those. Directv is supposed to fix the PQ issues by next summer though.
Thanks! I guess I will keep hounding D* until I get it replaced. I have also noticed a problem with my off air antenna. When I connect my outdoor antenna to the reciever I lose channels. It seems that a pair rabbit ears works better. But the rabbit ears won't pull in all of the channels. Any Ideas?

Before calling DTV today I rebooted once more and re-scanned all available channels. I don't know if DTV downloaded a fix of some kind, or what, but good news is that all of the local 'air' HD-DT-SD channels magically returned this time, including Fox. There are still a few errors and problems but of a minor nature in my view which DTV should be able to readily fix. Hopefully the upgrade 1.2.12 nightmare is behind us and nothing of its kind will recur.

I hope others are having a similar positive result and would like to see some posts of others' experiences.

Regards,
Mac

Mac, I hope that works for you and I'll keep an eye on mine, but I have found that the problems are sporadic, fleeting and ever-changing, especially after reboots. Sometimes, all seems well; sometimes, a few things seem well; sometimes, nothing seems well.

Also, though my replacement receiver supposedly was ordered Saturday, it hadn't yet arrived. When I called today, I was told, 'Whoops, the order never went through. We're putting it through now. It will be another five to seven days.'

I am not happy.

Zenith sat 520 question

I am new to the board and i would like to say hi to everyone....Now on to my question. I have had direct tv for the last 10 years and i am in the process of upgrading to HD ,My wife gave me a Zenith sat520 for my birthday and tonite i went to Best Buy to get the HD dish and i was talking to the salesman and he says my wife made a big mistake with the Zenith sat 520 as he says that Zenith admits it has a 67% problem with the chip in it and i am going to have big problems with hd clarity,the non hd channels will work fine though.
Does he know what he is talking about as i am really bumming out and looking forward to HD clarity
I have checked reviews of the Zentih sat 520 and people seem to be happy with it,but this kid has me freaked out
Does anyone have an opinion on this...Thanks in advance

hello Andre44,First I would like to welcome you to SATELLITEGUYS.US the internets #1 forum.The Zenith sat 520 is a real good receiver and you should have no problems with it at all.Did you ask the saleman if he was on crack?I have a friend that has one of these receivers and he is happy with it.as for the picture quality it looks awsome in all modes 480i 720p and 1080i.Run the reciever in 1080i when watching Hd material and run it in 480i when watching Sd material.well once again welcome to SATELLITEGUYS..............................DIGITAL~DAN

I have recenlty purchased a Zenith Sat 520 and it has worled beautifully for me! I heard it may have a memory problem but I haven't witnessed it.....I love the box and the picture quality!

After receiving feedback from our valued members we have decided one thread for all D* equipment issues is a bad idea. Unfortunately undoing this mess is a lot of work. If you had a question in here that was not answered please post a new thread so we can get you an answer....Thank you for your patience!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts