The Official Ohio State vs. Michigan Gameday Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Please take the "other" CFB talk to the CFB thread. This is for OSU/UM discussion.
Does that mean I can't post this in here?
0and9_feature.jpg

I will say this about the game: it's amazing how Michigan has not been the same since their last visit to Columbus.

Two years ago, Michigan was #2- my, how times have changed...

Sabres, that 2006 game- #1 vs. #2 was one of my fondest OSU/UM games ever!

This was the first time in the history of the rivalry, the two faced off while holding the top two spots in the BCS rankings. Ohio State won the game by a score of 42-39 and became the outright Big Ten champion and went onto the National Championship (reserve comments).

The game gained even more significance when, on the eve of the meeting, legendary Michigan head coach and former Ohio State assistant coach Bo Schembechler died. Schembechler was honored with a video tribute at Ohio Stadium as well as a moment of silence before kickoff. Half an hour after the Ohio State-Michigan game ended, the Ohio Lottery PICK 4 evening drawing was 4-2-3-9, matching the final score of the game and paying out up to $5,000 per winner, for a total payout of $2.2 million!

Win or lose, that game was AWESOME!

I will say this about the game: it's amazing how Michigan has not been the same since their last visit to Columbus.

Two years ago, Michigan was #2- my, how times have changed...

Yes the program has changed since then. Kind of like a perfect storm. #2 in the nation at that time.

The death of "Bo"

And last year despite the victory in the bowl game over Florida (an SEC team, yes SEC teams do lose games)in there home state, the App State game kind of set the tone for the seson.

While I am not into free passes, I thought they would win 6-7 games this year. I am most disapointed in the Defense, returned many starters but the offense its trying to place square pegs in a circle.

Though back to the Ohio State/Michigan game, I think Prior will be the wild card, and how Ironic he be it as he was a recruit that Rich Rod wanted, though I dont know if Michigan was really ever high on his list

Good luck to the M. Although you embarrassed my team last year, I will support you against the O. (who my team killed) because I can not stand OSU fans.. At least not those on here.. they seem to cry way to much.

Good luck to the M. Although you embarrassed my team last year, I will support you against the O. (who my team killed) because I can not stand OSU fans.. At least not those on here.. they seem to cry way to much.

Never complained about your team getting robbed ?
Who's your team again ?
You've only been here for less than a month and you talk about us fans complaining ?

I did say after the bowl game last year that a healthy Michigan could have beaten anyone in the country. Give Rich Rod a few years to get the right players in for his system and he'll turn it around.

Just having a little fun JW, everybody knows watching MICHIGAN football this season has been anything but that. That being said, I would like to comment on the general tone of this thread - WTF is going on here? You guys are posting like this game is some sort of tea party. Everybody is being all polite and nice, trying not to ruffle any feathers. This MICHIGAN vs. "That evil school from the South"! Act accordingly!

I'm going to puke.

Eat S*&t and die Ohio St.:D

This game is no where near where it was in the past. Normally the news media is all over it around here by now. I have heard very little on the subject so far.

This game is no where near where it was in the past. Normally the news media is all over it around here by now. I have heard very little on the subject so far.

Blame Michigan for deciding to drop down to D-III.

There are games with more at stake that day.

Oklahoma/Texas Tech- national title implications

Michigan State/Penn State- Rose Bowl implications

Cincinnati/Pittsburgh- IMO, the winner will represent the Big East in the BCS

BYU/Utah- BCS buster stakes on the line.

There are games with more at stake that day.

Oklahoma/Texas Tech- national title implications

Michigan State/Penn State- Rose Bowl implications

Cincinnati/Pittsburgh- IMO, the winner will represent the Big East in the BCS

BYU/Utah- BCS buster stakes on the line.

why are you spamming the info. I can read what you thought in your other posts.

Never complained about your team getting robbed ?
Who's your team again ?
You've only been here for less than a month and you talk about us fans complaining ?

Ive read many of your posts ;)

My Team is FLA, and when was OSU Robbed this year? They got their butt handed to them by USC (Yes I know you had your star out, but how does that explain the number of points OSU scored on your defense?). and They lost fair and square to PSU. Last year they got their butt handed to them by LSU and the year before FLA. They already play in a conference that is down this year (the SEC is also down this year compared to the last 2 years) and yet they still complain..

Sandra, how much do you hate Michigan? Would you compare it to your Islander-hatred?

No, I suppose because I don't live in Ohio, it's just not the same. Not even close, actually.

It's probably similar to the Red Sox, who I try to hate and it's easy when they have people I dislike, like Pedro and Schilling and Manny and Varitek. Now that those guys are gone (or not as relevant), I have a hard time generating for hatred for someone I don't know like Dustin Pedroia, let along someone I admire like Terry Francona.

Michigan is just a heated rival that always seems to be in the way, and sometimes above us. I'm not John Cooper who says it's just another game, but I don't hope the college falls off the face of the earth like I do a certain hockey almost-franchise.

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts