The Official Super Bowl XLIII Thread

Might be but I just wanted to clear something that I saw..

It is done, yes but the NFL has to do something about that last play!

wicked your picture is a couple frames ahead of the other picture, so it is possible his foot was coming up, see that amazing angle he is at, pretty hard to keep your feet in bounds and fall down too...anyways as others have said its done, it was a touchdown and that is all there is to it, oh and I was at the parade today, GREAT time, I was right at the stage,a little bit from where Troy decided to jump in the crowd!

I know that Wicked doesn't want to hear this, but, Big Ben was in on his TD run as well.
No way could he possibly be down when he was on top of other players pulling him in.

Jimbo

I know that Wicked doesn't want to hear this, but, Big Ben was in on his TD run as well.
No way could he possibly be down when he was on top of other players pulling him in.

Jimbo

That's a penalty FYI, and IMO that was inconclusive aside from 1 angle that had his knee down, reversing it was a good call.

wicked your picture is a couple frames ahead of the other picture, so it is possible his foot was coming up, see that amazing angle he is at, pretty hard to keep your feet in bounds and fall down too...anyways as others have said its done, it was a touchdown and that is all there is to it, oh and I was at the parade today, GREAT time, I was right at the stage,a little bit from where Troy decided to jump in the crowd!
His picture is a frame or two behind the one I posted (taken from a point closer to the sideline), which would account for his toe coming off the ground while he's pushed out of bounds. But you're right, it's a done deal and the Steelers are still the world champs.

0201bowl58_E_20090201222136.jpg

NOTD.jpg

Your picture doesnt show enough evidence that it was on the ground!

If his toe was on the ground you wouldnt be able to see that dark part in the cleats!

If his toe was on the ground you wouldnt be able to see that dark part in the cleats!

let it go already man. it's a touchdown. they won the game.move on. you've made your point many times already. no need to hammer it in.

Jimbo

:up and you don't hear anybody bitching about that call. :)

His picture is a frame or two behind the one I posted (taken from a point closer to the sideline), which would account for his toe coming off the ground while he's pushed out of bounds. But you're right, it's a done deal and the Steelers are still the world champs.

0201bowl58_E_20090201222136.jpg

NOTD.jpg

Except he caught the ball while standing up, not falling down

btw, what is the deal with the "assist" rule? I thought the NFL instituted a rule that a player could not assist a teammate to get additional yardage or get a TD (by either grabbing and pulling him or pushing him forward like a bulldozer) but that wasn't called on the Big Ben TD opportunity play when his teammate grabbed him and pulled him into the end zone for an apparent TD on the opening drive.

btw, what is the deal with the "assist" rule? I thought the NFL instituted a rule that a player could not assist a teammate to get additional yardage or get a TD (by either grabbing and pulling him or pushing him forward like a bulldozer) but that wasn't called on the Big Ben TD opportunity play when his teammate grabbed him and pulled him into the end zone for an apparent TD on the opening drive.

That may get called maybe 1 in 10 times.

By the way did I say I am proud of U of Michigan presence on Sunday? Great show it was very exciting game nonetheless putting the officials mistakes aside!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)