The Opie And Anthony Show

Sorry guys I don't run around yelling stupid nicknames for cast members or "Howard Sterns Penis" for that matter. Have fun with your Dinosaur. By the way, Dave Rabbit originated true shock radio during the Vietnam War...in Saigon. Howard never originated anything.

And when you work 10 days a month, you are disqualified from the running of any top billed show.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: kenny9966
Opie and Anthony host Anthony Cumia has gone on an offensive Twitter tirade after he claimed a woman attacked him in Times Square.

The incident sparked a racist rant from the SiriusXM DJ, who said on Tuesday that he was taking photos of New York City when an African-American woman, who was in his frame, punched him in the face. The woman said she did not want to have her picture taken, according to Cumia.
"Then she punched me 5 more times. She's lucky I was a white legal gun owner or she'd be dead. Then 5 blacks started giving me sh*t!" the 53-year-old host tweeted.

Cumia proceeded to angrily rant on Twitter throughout the night until Wednesday morning, posting photos of the woman that he took during the altercation, calling her an "animal b**ch," a "c–," a "savage" and saying that he hopes she gets shot.

hollywoodreporter.com

Anthony stated on his twitter that he was fired by SiriusXM. Funny that if he had said these things just on his show, he'd likely be fine.

This was an easy out for SiriusXM. I have been told by a few that their contract was coming up for renewal and was not going to be renewed by SiriusXM. In fact SiriusXM even polled listeners to see how many would cancel their service if they got rid of O&A. I am told most said they would not. YMB

This was an easy out for SiriusXM. I have been told by a few that their contract was coming up for renewal and was not going to be renewed by SiriusXM. In fact SiriusXM even polled listeners to see how many would cancel their service if they got rid of O&A. I am told most said they would not. YMB

I temporarily have the All Access package on an XM Radio thanks to my new Chevy so I get both, O&A and Howard for now. I will occasionally listen to either one of them depending on which guests they happen to have on. I think both channels have decent interviews from time to time but neither show is funny to me when it's just the regular cast members. For that reason I'll likely drop back down to select when my 3 month trial runs out, depending on what type of offers I get.

I'm wondering what they will do for people with XM radio's if the O&A contract isn't renewed though. Sirius Select get's Howard and XM Select gets O&A. If they let O&A go us XM subscribers will be losing a major premium channel that is supposed to be our equivalent for the more popular Howard channel.

So, what do they do to bring XM Select back up to par with Sirius Select? (I'd actually argue that it's already there because of the MLB, NBA, and NHL coverage but baseball is my sport so I'm a little biased there.) Do they start including Howard in XM Select? If they do that the only real reason to upgrade to XM All Access is NFL play by play. I would actually rather have them include NFL so I can get play by play for all the major sports with my Select package. That's more valuable to me than Howard any day. I can also see them wanting to keep treating Howard as the premium channel because more people would probably upgrade for that.

Another option would be to just drop the separate Select and All Access packages. Let everyone with Select have everything except for internet listening. This probably isn't likely because most active SiriusXM subscribers probably only use it for their vehicle and most people wouldn't end up paying the extra money for internet radio.

I am a fan of the show and usually will put it on when in my XM equipped car. The part that bothers me about this whole situation is 1) what he said is debatable as racist, calling someone an animal who resorts to violence in our "civilized" society hardly qualifies as racist but in today's world the only people you can insult with impunity is the white male and if they are a Christian, all bets are off. 2) Far worse is said over the SiriusXM airways on a daily basis on the O&A show but also on several other programs, Stern included, look at the Rap channels as a start. 3) SiriusXM touts itself as exclusive and uncensored content, nothing exclusive about 95% of the channels and as we see they will censor you if they think their bottom line may be affected.

I finally came to realize that after being a paying sub for 2 radios since Nov 2003 that it was time to say goodbye. The sound quality sucks, the content is not really exclusive, reception has become more and more spotty plus they are nothing more that a bunch of typical corporate hypocrites. Pandora will fill my music needs and I will find something else to amuse me during my morning commute until O&A get back to some platform (and they will land someplace).

Reactions: whitewolf8214
Fired ‘Opie and Anthony’ Host Anthony Cumia: ‘I Will Never Apologize’
Anthony Cumia, fired host of Sirius XM’s “Opie and Anthony Show,” defended himself today during his first post-scandal TV appearance.Cumia was given the boot after making racially-charged comments on Twitter last week.“I will never apologize for this; I didn’t do anything wrong,” Cumia said on Fox’s “Red Eye” on Saturday morning, as reported by Mediaite. “I go off on tears like this. I curse. I say horrific things about people who piss me off and that’s exactly what I did. Why am I going to apologize and say I am different or I changed? I haven’t. It would be a phony bogus apology. If it happened again, I would do the same thing.”Cumia, who called a black woman a “pig” and “an animal” after she allegedly punched him in the face for trying to take a photo, said his comments weren’t racist as he wasn’t referring to all black people, just those who happen to be violent.The radio shock jock described SiriusXM’s actions as “hypocritical” because he hasn’t been punished before for making similar comments on air for 10 years.“To fire me for something on social media is kind of hypocritical, I think,” Cumia said. “There wasn’t even any outrage. No one approached SiriusXM and said ‘Oh my God, you’ve got to fire him.’ It was such a kneejerk reaction in this day and age.” https://movies.yahoo.com/news/fired-opie-anthony-host-anthony-cumia-never-apologize-180849610.html

'Opie & Anthony' Co-Host: 'I Absolutely Do Not Believe That Anthony Should've Been Fired'

The show formerly known as Opie & Anthony returned live on SiriusXM Radio Monday, with Gregg "Opie" Hughes and Jim Norton embarking on their bizarre new reality of continuing their show in the wake of Anthony Cumia's firing.

After beginning the show by remarking how strange it is to be broadcasting without longtime cohort Anthony Cumia, Hughes and Norton revealed their reactions to Cumia's racist tweets, his firing by SiriusXM and why the two are continuing with the show.

"It needs to be said that we're under contract. … I don't think people understand fully what being under contract means and what breach of contract means," Hughes said. "We can't just walk away. Breach of contract is a real issue. … We could be sued for millions. … It would be a big f—ing problem."

Norton added that he also has his own financial concerns, explaining that he's earning a salary from the show, and he doesn't have the kind of money where he can just walk away from a paying job.

The two remaining hosts also revealed their reaction to Cumia's tweets and why they were told he was fired.

hollywoodreporter.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)