The Original NES

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
Do any of yall long for the days when we had the original NES?

I grew up with the NES. I still have one.

My favorite game for it has to be The Legend of Zelda.

Absolutely! Virtual Console was one of the big draws of the Wii for me. I wore my NES out and by the time it was done for, I had a SNES, so I never worried about getting a new one. Then my mom sold my old NES games in a yard sell one day while I was in college.

there is a company making NEW systems to play NES games... cant remember the name of it off the top of my head.. but i am thinking of picking one up over the winter so i can hit garage saels and buy games for a buck or less...

still have it....still play it :)

Mike Tyson's Punch Out (the real one...not the one after he went to jail) :)

love that game

We were talking about this at work yesterday. Punch Out was the greatest boxing game to date (not graphically but the most fun to play)

I also loved Zelda, Mario, Jackyl, and a few others. I sit around playing em on my phone with a rom emulator.

No doubt. The best Christmas I ever had as a kid (and the only one I really remember) was the one when I got my NES.

Zelda (only the first one), Punch-Out, Mario Bros 1-3, all great games... I still have them upstairs, although my system crapped out... maybe I'll get one of those newer ones that will play the games - has to be cheaper than a Wii...

Man ( I am only 19) but it brings back a lot of nostalgic moments, I use to love the NES/N64/Sega Saturn, those were great times, games were really cool too.

LOL Kid Icoris (however it was spelled) was the game I remember the most from the NES, I also enjoyed playing Zelda for hours. Anyone have/had the robot? How about the arm controller (the bracelet thing) or the zapper? Back then I had them all, funny, none of those things are in the "Next Generation" consoles, that was un-heard of then. LOL, the memories... First game I ever played on the NES was Donky Kong. How long ago was that?

Funny, I have Contra downloaded on my 360, and I can't even play it anymore, so used to modern graphics, no side to side and up-to-down or down-to-up scrolling.

Super Mario Bros!!! I still have it, but don't play it much anymore. As one of my handful of arcade machines, I do have a Super Mario Bros upright that also plays DuckHunt and Hogan''s Alley.

Oh man, Contra rocked! Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Start!

You missed it ...

B, A, B, A, select, start. Hit select if you want two peeps! Awesome game.

I still play the old games today on the XBox NES emu.

One of my favorites was Kid Icarus.

You missed it ...

B, A, B, A, select, start. Hit select if you want two peeps! Awesome game.

I still play the old games today on the XBox NES emu.

One of my favorites was Kid Icarus.

You're right about adding select for the 2 players, but I have to disagree on the extra B,A. It is only there once. I doubted myself for a minute, so I had to look it up to be sure:
Konami Code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:)

I still have mine. My favorite game was Baseball Stars.

Blades of Steele was good too.

Sold my original long ago but picked up a refurb one a few years back. The Legend of Zelda is still one of the best thought out games I ever played.

Can't seem to find a working example of Baseball Simulator 1000 anywhere. I have the SNES version, but it's not as good. The best thing I remember from the original is that if you beaned a batter with a super pitch of some sort, he'd explode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)