Wii still kicking but, PS3 surpasses 360 in sales.

I'm sure someone will come in and say it doesn't matter because it's still losing in the US.... which is true, although it is way closer than it's been in the past...

I'm sure someone will come in and say it doesn't matter because it's still losing in the US.... which is true, although it is way closer than it's been in the past...

I think from now on even though I am anti-Sony Biased. I will stick to humerus and interesting news to post around here. he he.

November NPD (US Sales)
Hardware Unit Sales

Nintendo DS 1.53 million
Wii 981K
Xbox 360 770K
PSP 567K
PlayStation 2 496K
PlayStation 3 466K

Media Create (Japanese HW 12/3 - 12/9)

Hardware - This Week | Last Week | YTD | LTD
1. NDS - 168,267 | 124,627 | 6,446,771 | 20,452,450
2. WII - 115,057 | 74,764 | 3,140,843 | 4,060,486
3. PSP - 91,481 | 74,626 | 2,551,681 | 7,083,810
4. PS3 - 38,123 | 37,092 | 1,009,525 | 1,467,083
5. PS2 - 11,987 | 13,703 | 708,193 | 20,863,052
6. 360 - 8,876 | 6,632 | 217,866 | 482,568
7. GBA - 114 | 33 | 50,394 | 15,348,473
8. NGC - 46 | 32 | 10,463 | 4,179,931

while it may be true that the ps3 is selling behind the ps3 in North america, we are far from the only gaming country...its nice to see the Ps3 doing well, but its also nicer to see the 360 doing well even beating the ps3 some weeks! I thought for sure the 360 would slow down, but I was wrong.

while it may be true that the ps3 is selling behind the ps3 in North america, we are far from the only gaming country...its nice to see the Ps3 doing well, but its also nicer to see the 360 doing well even beating the ps3 some weeks! I thought for sure the 360 would slow down, but I was wrong.

I think both went to far trying to capture the "Hard core Gamer" market. Nintendo snuck in and stole the prize.

Least looking at it objectively they did.

:D

You are right and we agree, I think Ps3 and Microsoft are beating each other up...go back two years ago, and the wii was laughed at, it was a big joke..Graphics matter, Blu ray, Halo, Metal Gear Solid...well whos laughing now?

You are right and we agree, I think Ps3 and Microsoft are beating each other up...go back two years ago, and the wii was laughed at, it was a big joke..Graphics matter, Blu ray, Halo, Metal Gear Solid...well whos laughing now?

Nintendo... All the way to the bank :D

Man, reminds me I still need to pick up DBZ tenkaichi Budikai 3 this week. lol I keep forgetting on the way home from work.

Single player I will give you. I have had many sessions with my Wii and a few friends and my Kegorator that have lasted many hours.

360 Gets a lot of my solo play. Except Rock band ofc:up

Single player I will give you. I have had many sessions with my Wii and a few friends and my Kegorator that have lasted many hours.

360 Gets a lot of my solo play. Except Rock band ofc:up

I have too. And that's now the only time the Wii gets played. Now that Rock Band is out, the Wii is again silent, as it was for the several months between Wario's Whatever and Mario Party. It's just not a 'alright, lets get the next iteration of Madden and sit down and enjoy it. The gimmick is too forced still into many games.

I play probably 200+ football games in NCAA and Madden every year, the Wii just doesn't offer that kind of core gameplay and graphics I am looking for. Same goes for shooters, and most other conventional games, they need a conventional control scheme, not the wiimote/nunchuck... but then at the same time not using that means to control the Wii means you are just playing games on a nicer N64 at that point.

360 has always sold awful in Japan, it's weird. And I mean AWFUL.

If you include just the US numbers, the 360 still outsells the Wii a lot of times, and definitely has more sold than Wii. I'm sure it will catch up, but they aren't the same market (A LOT of people have both).

The PS3 on the other hand has a long way to go in the US to catch the 360.. they are like the Sirius of the US video game market. Always claiming to sell well, but somehow always a couple million behind the leader.

Also keep in minde vgchartz.com is generally regarded as a "joke" as it leaves out a lot of sales outlets and never really tells you how they get their numbers that no one else seems to have.

360 has always sold awful in Japan, it's weird. And I mean AWFUL.

If you include just the US numbers, the 360 still outsells the Wii a lot of times, and definitely has more sold than Wii. I'm sure it will catch up, but they aren't the same market (A LOT of people have both).

The PS3 on the other hand has a long way to go in the US to catch the 360.. they are like the Sirius of the US video game market. Always claiming to sell well, but somehow always a couple million behind the leader.

Also keep in minde vgchartz.com is generally regarded as a "joke" as it leaves out a lot of sales outlets and never really tells you how they get their numbers that no one else seems to have.

Um American product in a strongly Nationalistic Country? No surprise there.
MS keeps popping out the epic level RPGs though. The console will sell :) he he

I think both went to far trying to capture the "Hard core Gamer" market. Nintendo snuck in and stole the prize.

Least looking at it objectively they did.

:D

Just think how much further ahead they'd be if they could actually figure out how to produce the things...

Research shows PS3 the least used Console

The Original NES

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts