The Outdoor Channel 2 HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nailzs

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 16, 2005
Has anyone watched The Outdoor Channel 2 HD with a 4:2:2 PC card or USB PC FTA receiver. I've read a lot about HD FTA, but no one mentions this channel. Being it's free I thought it would come up quite a bit, but didn't find a thing after doing a search.

Sorry I can't help with the PC question, although I watch using the Quali-tv receiver which does 4:2:2 as well as HD. If you're an outdoorsman, you'll love the beauty of this channel.

Al

Edit: I really wasn't aware that it was 4:2:2....

I would think it would be a priority channel for anyone with an HDTV, after all it is free.

You need either a PC or a Quali to receive it so that is probably why it is not mentioned as much. For example, I don't watch PBS HD that often because I prefer to watch TV in the living room than on my PC.

W_Tracy_Parnell said:
You need either a PC or a Quali to receive it so that is probably why it is not mentioned as much. For example, I don't watch PBS HD that often because I prefer to watch TV in the living room than on my PC.

Who says you can't watch the PC on the TV?

HD feeds look awesome through the DVI out on the 6600 on the 57inch TV.

I also have been thinking of setting up a stationary for Outdoor Channel HD.

No doubt. I play PC games on my plasma, watch HD trailers from the PC to the plasma. I have the Sound Blaster S/PDIF output to my Onkyo and, for the moment until I switch to Nvidia, the ATI X800XL VGA output to the plasma.

nailzs said:
Has anyone watched The Outdoor Channel 2 HD with a 4:2:2 PC card or USB PC FTA receiver. I've read a lot about HD FTA, but no one mentions this channel. Being it's free I thought it would come up quite a bit, but didn't find a thing after doing a search.
I been watching it using a twinhahn dvb card. Check out my screenshot of the channel on my laptop in the Member's Equipment Photos section in this forum.

digiblur said:
Who says you can't watch the PC on the TV?

HD feeds look awesome through the DVI out on the 6600 on the 57inch TV.

I also have been thinking of setting up a stationary for Outdoor Channel HD.

That's true, but since I don't have an HD set I haven't taken the time (yet anyway) to do that. I should because I could at least watch 4:2:2 feeds.

nailzs said:
I would think it would be a priority channel for anyone with an HDTV, after all it is free.

Just because something is free doesn't mean that someone will want it.

Even if you don't like the programs? Pretty to look at just doesn't cut it after a while.

I watched it when it was on C-Band. I liked a lot of the programming. Why the hell wouldn't I watch when it's in HD? If you don't like to watch "FREE" programs why are you in the Free To Air section?? I don't believe I mentioned you by name when I started this thread. If you don't like what is in a thread you sure are not compelled to reply to it.

I like and watch the outdoor channel on c-band. Even though I'm not an outdoorsman, I like watching the pristine pictures. I know there are a lot of people who can't understand that but I waited for many years to get hdtv, and the picture never ceases to amaze me...of course I was around when the first tv's hit the market, so I have something to compare it to!!!

W_Tracy_Parnell said:
That's true, but since I don't have an HD set I haven't taken the time (yet anyway) to do that. I should because I could at least watch 4:2:2 feeds.

You don't need an HD set to hook your PC up to the TV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)