The PlayStation Vue Thread

I only watch Comedy Central for South Park, but you can still watch new episodes on South Parks website via pc or Hulu. My son watched the Shannara Chronicles on MTV, but that is available on Netflix after the season is over. Viacom has been dropped by a few cable providers and has had blackouts with other providers because Viacom feels that their product is worth more than it actually is. One reason why the merger with CBS is going to happen is because the company is run and performs so poorly (and probably to tie CBS O&O's to agreements). Viacom is a crap company with crap networks showing crap shows. I bet very few people will miss it.

Well, Viacom channels are gone(got an email about it too). However, BBC America has been added to Access Slim, NBA TV to Core Slim, & Polaris by Maker to Elite Slim. No sign of anything resembling VICE or Viceland added though.

I wouldn't be surprised if Vue added GAC to replace CMT. Viacom is in turmoil & trying to merge with CBS. Maybe their programming will be added to CBS Access if that happens(along with talk of bundling Showtime with CBS Access).

Turns out watching On Demand isn't so bad after all. Not nearly the amount of commercials I expected. I originally tried using PlayOn to record shows off the internet for network shows this TV season, but it's been very hit and miss. Probably more than half the time the recording fails to record properly when I have it set for season recording, or in the case of an ABC show like Marvel Agents of SHIELD, it's very choppy (frequent brief pauses), and the last two minutes of the last two episode got cut off.

Last night I watched two shows via Fox On Demand on PS Vue. One didn't have any commercial breaks at all, making it easier than watching a recording since I don't have to FF commercials. The other only had a 15-second promo for another Fox show at each of the usual commercial break points. I see SHIELD will have about 6-8 minutes of commercials per episode, but that's nothing compared to all the time and energy and frustration I put into trying to record and watch via PlayOn.

Admittedly, I'm probably trying to do too many other things with my computer when recording with PlayOn, though that wouldn't affect the season subscription failures (I keep having to re-log in with my TV provider credentials). I have better luck with PlayOn when I manually record shows from another computer that I'm not using for anything else.

Turns out watching On Demand isn't so bad after all. Not nearly the amount of commercials I expected. I originally tried using PlayOn to record shows off the internet for network shows this TV season, but it's been very hit and miss. Probably more than half the time the recording fails to record properly when I have it set for season recording, or in the case of an ABC show like Marvel Agents of SHIELD, it's very choppy (frequent brief pauses), and the last two minutes of the last two episode got cut off.

Last night I watched two shows via Fox On Demand on PS Vue. One didn't have any commercial breaks at all, making it easier than watching a recording since I don't have to FF commercials. The other only had a 15-second promo for another Fox show at each of the usual commercial break points. I see SHIELD will have about 6-8 minutes of commercials per episode, but that's nothing compared to all the time and energy and frustration I put into trying to record and watch via PlayOn.

Admittedly, I'm probably trying to do too many other things with my computer when recording with PlayOn, though that wouldn't affect the season subscription failures (I keep having to re-log in with my TV provider credentials). I have better luck with PlayOn when I manually record shows from another computer that I'm not using for anything else.

I have a PC simply for PlayOn only and I have mine record off peak hours. It works about 85% of the time I bet. I think more than anything it is a hiccup in internet service that messes it up. That is simply a guess on my part.

I have a PC simply for PlayOn only and I have mine record off peak hours. It works about 85% of the time I bet. I think more than anything it is a hiccup in internet service that messes it up. That is simply a guess on my part.

When I hit CTL-ALT-DEL while PlayOn is recording, I'm seeing very high CPU, Memory, and Disk usage. I've troubleshooted some of the problems, which are known problems with Windows 10. I also don't think any of that affects why an automatic subscription recording fails, forcing me to re-log in to that particular channel through the PlayOn settings app. (I know all the PlayOn support staff by name now :p )

I think if the PS Vue On Demand was a more serious problem for me in terms of number of commercials, I would set up my backup laptop with a wired internet connection and have it become my dedicated PlayOn server. And I may end up doing that once some of my CW shows come back if I don't feel like waiting until they air on Netflix.

I would have trouble justifying picking up Showtime for even a dollar per month. I just visited Showtime's website and the movie selection for more recent movies was worse than Netflix streaming's (which has been on the decline) and Amazon Prime's. There are a couple of series I'm interested in, but if history serves, they'll find their way to Prime or Netflix eventually, just as so many others have (I'm currently watching House of Lies on Prime).

Reactions: mdavej
I'll jump at it. Finish up a series or two. Worth the $12 for a year even if that is all I watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Called just before and they updated me that they discontinued the offer as of today

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I like the Vue Apple TV app much better than Roku's, with one exception. While there is a 10 second skip button, there is no fast forward to whiz through 2-3 minutes of commercials with the Apple TV remote.

Been tinkering with Vue again today since Sling has the one ESPN feed at a time limit.

PQ is a little better on the 65" with Vue, and the Fire TV version with the guide and pause, etc... is better than the Sling TV layout IMO. Only issue for me is I have a new Roku Ultra and the 4K Fire Tv, and the Roku Vue version SUCKS. That being said, I can use it in the bedroom and it is no big deal. Will prob tinker with these two and then settle once I can try out the Directv Now version.

If I had to choose now, after using both for awhile, Id run Vue on two 2nd Gen Fires.

Fire Tv Vue on the big screen with the Bama game and Ok/Wv on the second tv (Roku Ultra watchespn).

Attachments

• IMG_0075.JPG
    IMG_0075.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 96
Reactions: Ronnie-
Curious, why are you using watch ESPN on the second TV ?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)