The PlayStation Vue Thread

Spending $20 more per month mainly to get HBO doesn't make financial sense to me. I'm currently watching season 6 of GoT through Netflix disc service. That's all I really need.

Oh I know.

However, There are a few channels in the package above mine that I was not aware that Vue offered that I enjoy. American Heroes for one. Love that old ww2 stuff. Lol

From there when it comes time for GOT it would be cheaper for me to have ultra.

Going to look into it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Reactions: JamesJ
Ultra Plan now $10 off includes HBO & Max matches DTVN $5 each offer. Details below. $55 limited time

Ultra sale details: Discount applies to monthly subscription fees. Discount unavailable to current Ultra subscribers. Consumers must purchase the discounted subscription between 12/13/16 and 1/5/17. Discount period ends on 1/5/18 unless service is terminated before 1/5/18.

Live football on NFL Network tonight

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I was actually taking that for granted, as I've always been able to watch NFL games aired by locally owned and operated affiliates in my market, CBS and NBC, and of course ESPN, through PS Vue. That is, until yesterday when I got an error message about streaming outside of my home network on my PC browser and Android tablet when I tried to watch a game on CBS.

It took me a moment to realize it probably had something to do with adding a new WiFi router to my home network a couple weeks ago. So after following instuctions to log out of Vue on any mobile device, relaunch Vue on my PS4 console's main account, and then log back in on the mobile devices, I was good to go watching my pathetic Chargers lose to the pathetic Browns while making a grilled cheese sandwich. Just glad I didn't have to call Sony on Xmas eve. First World problems. Lol

Ultra Plan now $10 off includes HBO & Max matches DTVN $5 each offer. Details below. $55 limited time

Ultra sale details: Discount applies to monthly subscription fees. Discount unavailable to current Ultra subscribers. Consumers must purchase the discounted subscription between 12/13/16 and 1/5/17. Discount period ends on 1/5/18 unless service is terminated before 1/5/18.

HBO and Showtime. Cinemax is still standalone

Live football on NFL Network tonight

Should be on today also because first game isn't simulcast on any networks. For any that don't get networks (like me) all games blacked out on NFL network can be watched on network sports app. You need to download app and register with PSVue to work. Problem is they are all 30 fps not 60 so viewing is a little choppy.

Last night I tried to watch the Golden Globe awards on my local NBC affiliate via PS Vue only to find it blacked out (I get both CBS and NBC locals without paying extra for the local package). Though I've seen the blackout screen for that channel for certain syndicated shows, like Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune, I've never seen it for major network programing, including the NFL and other major sports broadcasts. Other than sports I generally don't watch a lot of broadcast network content, though I've successfully recorded and watched the Blacklist and Timeless on NBC and have occasionally watched some of those talent shows.

I'm curious if anyone here who is paying $10 extra per month to get their four major network local affiliates is still getting blacked out content. I can't complain because getting my NBC local on Vue is a free bonus, but if Sony ever gives me all the locals in my market and starts charging (which isn't an option in markets where locals are available), I'd hate to be paying for blackout screens.

I didn't watch, it was blacked out by design but reports coming out are saying it was a wonderful display of narcissism coming from the privileged elite/wealthy class.

Reactions: osu1991
Last night I tried to watch the Golden Globe awards on my local NBC affiliate via PS Vue only to find it blacked out (I get both CBS and NBC locals without paying extra for the local package). Though I've seen the blackout screen for that channel for certain syndicated shows, like Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune, I've never seen it for major network programing, including the NFL and other major sports broadcasts. Other than sports I generally don't watch a lot of broadcast network content, though I've successfully recorded and watched the Blacklist and Timeless on NBC and have occasionally watched some of those talent shows.

I'm curious if anyone here who is paying $10 extra per month to get their four major network local affiliates is still getting blacked out content. I can't complain because getting my NBC local on Vue is a free bonus, but if Sony ever gives me all the locals in my market and starts charging (which isn't an option in markets where locals are available), I'd hate to be paying for blackout screens.

Here's your answer.

http://www.fiercecable.com/cable/di...kout-exposes-broadcast-limitations-for-v-mvpd

Reactions: Zookster
It took me a couple of days, but I finally figured out what changed with this week's PS Vue app update for the PS4: the subtitle feature. You can finally customize the font size, color, background, opacity etc. I know that doesn't sound like much. But this is kind of big for me because I watch most non-live scripted shows with subtitles, and the original subtitles were about as visually obtrusive as they possibly could've made them. I think one other change is the addition of a "Sports" category in the main menu area. I usually don't scroll down past "My Channels" and "My Shows," so for all I know it's been there for a while. I just don't remember. I wish they'd customize the "Live" category for me and list programming and channels I'd actually watch.

I am, however, having another DVR recording failure: The Blacklist, again. When I start watching the recording, it shows the broadcast of my local news that would've followed it. When I hit FF, I can see "The Blacklist" episode that should be there speeding past, but when I stop FF, it loops to the start again and the local news broadcast. Weird. Thankfully the On Demand version appears in order and without a lot of commercials.

It took me a couple of days, but I finally figured out what changed with this week's PS Vue app update for the PS4: the subtitle feature. You can finally customize the font size, color, background, opacity etc. I know that doesn't sound like much. But this is kind of big for me because I watch most non-live scripted shows with subtitles, and the original subtitles were about as visually obtrusive as they possibly could've made them. I think one other change is the addition of a "Sports" category in the main menu area. I usually don't scroll down past "My Channels" and "My Shows," so for all I know it's been there for a while. I just don't remember. I wish they'd customize the "Live" category for me and list programming and channels I'd actually watch.

I am, however, having another DVR recording failure: The Blacklist, again. When I start watching the recording, it shows the broadcast of my local news that would've followed it. When I hit FF, I can see "The Blacklist" episode that should be there speeding past, but when I stop FF, it loops to the start again and the local news broadcast. Weird. Thankfully the On Demand version appears in order and without a lot of commercials.
Concerning the Blacklist, that"s where I discovered that the TV Anywhere app was my friend.