The PlayStation Vue Thread

Regional sports appear in the Core Slim & Elite Slim plans.

Problem is people are not actually seeing it in their lineups once they sign up. Or if they are getting the channels, live pro sports are blacked out, even if they are in the local team's broadcast area. There is a large thread in the official PlayStation forums about this.

Even though I don't watch sports, I'd certainly agree that there's virtually no reason to have regional sports networks included in a package if all the pro games are always blacked out regardless of region/etc.

Reactions: Mr Tony
The official response in the PS forums is
In portions of some markets we are currently unable to carry select regional sports networks, though we are working to add full coverage. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope to bring additional regional sports network availability to your location soon.
http://community.us.playstation.com...ox-Sports-Channels-Missing/m-p/45679015#M3363

I still need to sign up for the seven-day trial, but I'm beginning to wonder if I should wait until opening day of the baseball season to be 100% certain I'm getting my hometeam's games live. Has anyone else in the San Diego metro area signed up for Vue?

Posted yesterday by User Eriki10 in the PS Vue discussion forum linked above:
I called in today and was told by one of the supervisor that there will be an update on the 29th that should add the regional channels hopefully its true.

Also if you have an amazon tv/fire stick you can just download fox sport go and you should be able to watch the regionals channels using your ps vue credentials. I guess this will do until they fix it

It appears that the navigation on the fire tv stick has gotten faster over time. Its still not "fast", but if you allow it to load before you start pushing buttons, its tolerable now.

Still pleased with the service itself. I have noticed zero hiccups in playback to this point.

hopefully it comes to the roku soon....and not Dish's version of "soon"

If it gets added to the Roku I think it will be the end of Sling, great price, a lot more channels for only $10 more, almost all network content, more then one TV, access to the apps on mobile and other devices that do not count against your one stream on Sling, cloud DVR.

If I had to choose, Vue in a second, to get the channels I would want on Sling I would have to get 2 add on packs, with Vue basic core pkg I would get those same channels plus a lot more at the same price.

Reactions: Mr Tony
the RSN and FS1 on Vue is what I want
I can get ESPN stuff right now via ESPN app and a relatives log in ;)

But I watch(ed) a lot of FSN when I had Directv. I'd like to see the NASCAR races via FS1 too :)

Still wouldn't bite unless they got all the local channels, with DVR capability, as well as MLB, NHL, NBA networks. That would put them ahead of Mediacom. WIthout it, they're behind.

I still have an obligation with DirecTV for 9 more months. I have been with them FOREVER (at least 17 years since I have been in Florida 17 years and I had them when I moved). But with the Comcast Internet I have they give me a very slim package of channels which I can get over the web.

I could jump to Vue and pay for it with just the crap extra fees I pay to DirecTV. ($66.25 in fees and taxes).

But man I sure do need MLB Network and NFL Network. I wish they'd make that a separate add-on package.

Reactions: Bronxiniowa
Giving the free preview a whirl on my PS3, I like the UI, Picture is not bad, a bit glitch with picture watching with fast moving sports, like basketball.

Well I went ahead & ordered an Amazon Fire TV Stick(received it & set it up yesterday) & the $35.00 package from PlayStation Vue, with a learning curve for both. I'm enjoying it so far, but I want to be careful how much I watch because I don't know how it will affect my AT&T DSL data caps. That means no more using TV for background noise. I just turn it on when I want to watch TV. I had to temporarily suspend my Directv service for personal reasons. I also have Sling TV, but I plan to cancel that & just go with PlayStation Vue, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, & HBO Now. With the money I save cancelling Sling TV, I can get MLB.TV. I'll try to update my adventure with PlayStation Vue periodically.

Reactions: Ronnie-
It held up rather well during the finale of The Walking Dead. Something I can not say was the case when Sling TV first came out.

Well I went ahead & ordered an Amazon Fire TV Stick(received it & set it up yesterday) & the $35.00 package from PlayStation Vue, with a learning curve for both. I'm enjoying it so far, but I want to be careful how much I watch because I don't know how it will affect my AT&T DSL data caps.

Do you have any other options for Broadband since ATT DSL is enforcing 150GBs on DSL and if you go over it is a extra $10 per 50GB.

Do you have any other options for Broadband since ATT DSL is enforcing 150GBs on DSL and if you go over it is a extra $10 per 50GB.
Don't ask me why, but we had WOW Internet AND AT&T DSL. We gave up WOW(for now) & are sticking with AT&T, as it is relatively cheaper than WOW. We have 6.0 Fast DSL with AT&T & our WOW service was only twice as fast as that. I'm very wary to give AT&T up because I'm afraid that we'll never get it back if we do need it again.

I've just figured out why prices can stay as low as they currently are with Vue, you can't fast forward through the commercials. Advertisers must be paying them big time for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)