The PlayStation Vue Thread

Fast forwarding works on a few recorded shows but not all, and not very well on those that allow it. Overall I have to say it is the best of the multi-channel streamers I've seen and I probably could get used to it, but is sure isn't a Hopper!! :)

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Is there a pattern to the shows that don't allow FF on recorded shows (on same network, certain types of shows)? I plan on setting up my own 7-day trial in the coming week, but it would be good to know if there limitations that I may never come across in my own trial experience.

SyFy has a SyFy Now app. Or do you mean you can't use PSVue as the provider?

They have a mobile app (iPad for example) but they do not have a app say on the Roku to watch on a TV, USA, NBC, BRAVO do have apps on the Roku/ Apple TV.

Edit-There is a SyFy app on the Xbox One only.

Last time I used one of their apps, when it went to commercial a graphic was shown that said "This channel is currently in a commercials break" and stayed that way until the break was done.

Reactions: jegrant
I get that "We're on a commercial break, be right back" slate all the time on live MSNBC in the MSNBC iOS app with Dish login. However, on recorded shows they do insert ads, but it often repeats the same ad (which is for a product i don't want and have no interest in) several times. Also, sometimes, the ad insertion system seems to screw up and interrupt the recorded show at the wrong spots (and as a result, I think I'm missing bits of the recorded show).

I wonder if the PSVue login works, for example, on the USA Now app on Roku? To the extent that Vue supports a bunch of the TV Everywhere apps, perhaps that is the best way to use it with a Roku. And at least right now, the TV Everywhere apps don't care what network you're on (home/mobile) as long as you have internet.

I just spoke to Vue in their chat I think I'm going to hold off since I've got 66 channels OTA and don't want to pay an additional $10 eventually. I don't know though even at $39 a month or so it beats Sling which we've got now and hate. I'm just worried that like a typical cable they get you hooked then jack the price another $20 in a year lol. Here's part of the chat with Vue since I asked about availability on Roku eventually too
I'm afraid we currently do not have a time estimate on when PS Vue will be available on Roku. We just released PS Vue nation-wide earlier this week, and have full plans on expanding on our third party devices our service is available to, including Android OS and Roku. The plans are actually based on what channels are available live to each designated market area (DMA). Areas that currently aren't receiving full channels are offered the $10 discount. However, once we do provide full channels to the area, the "Slim" package will no longer be available in that area.

My official decision is that PlayStation Vue sucks.

I setup things at my office which is about 8 miles from my home. Now I am home and a majority of the channels are blocked as I am not on my home network. What kind of crap is that?

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1458164404.651237.jpg

Reactions: Tampa8
It appears that most of you that are having issues are having issues with the mobile aspect of the service? I can understand that, it is half baked IMO. The home part of it though, again, IMO is pretty good.

Scott, thats a bummer. I think you would have to call them to change your location since you set it up in the wrong place, and that can only be done once a year. It does mention that, but I was specifically looking for it before I signed up, and it is not readily apparent. They are obviously doing it to prevent account "stacking", and I do understand it with 5 streams available, but they do need to make it more clear for potential customers.

Yes you are correct. They explained clearly in their FAQ & also i Do Not see any issues on that. $29 you are getting most of the sports channel along with DVR option. So when you compare to Sling this is vey good option.

Reactions: Mr Tony
I'm playing with it on a fire stick And a ps4.
Stick is slow to navigate as was said But,
the Ps4 is quite responsive.
The Sony TV remote works every function of vue through the ps4 also which is quite nice and an ease to navigate.
The 29$ package is lacking somewhat (reg sports net) But as for the
For 35$ pack ,I don't think there's a better deal in all of TV.

5 streams
free cloud DVR
No EQ Fees.
And as an ad on : showtime PLUS Epixhits for 11.49$

The next category up seems driven at a younger age group however for 45$.
( music video channel additions)
The good thing ive noticed is that the " my shows" option seems to work well with an auto populate of recordings to the cloud and on demand / " catch up" listings as well ....effortlessly.

For an ota add on? Netflix/ Amazon etc
This is the winner so far in my opinion of the " new" TV.

Next is Att/ DirecTV and their offerings.

Here at this house we can now have free DirecTV and/or uverse TV for that matter for a while now. And I watch a hopper with a big bill...for some crazy reason. ( =no to uverse TV ! & dtv perk is fairly recent)
The company (att) says now DirecTV ultimate and NFL Sunday ticket max is free now with a sweeter deal to come next month " they say " with more products.
We shall see what offering is and includes ( what's new )
But if it wasn't for the company perk..??
Sony vue is something that I think has a true chance to kill a lot of traditional delivery methods beyond anything so far .
_________
Remember this?

Forget Sling TV. Wait until you see Sony’s Playstation Vue OTT product. That was the vibe from DISH’s Charlie Ergen as he talked about the potential for disruption. “As we understand it, it’s a much more comprehensive OTT product that really will be a direct replacement to cable, satellite and phone’s video subscriptions. I think that will be much more interesting because it will actually have an impact on the MVPD market,” he said - See more at: http://www.cablefax.com/distribution/ergens-vue-sony-become-real-disruptor#sthash.n8ld4gCD.dpuf

Last edited:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016...-nationwide-starting-at-29-99-in-new-markets/

And now with ESPN

Edit: great starting price and multiple streams, with some locals. Sling better make some changes.

I agree the starting line up is really good, out of all the stations I watch on DISH only a few that are missing
- A&E
- History
- El Rey

I could pick up Sling TV for those three channels and save $100/month if I got rid of DISH however recently I received a card from my cable company offering me their 200 channel package for $28 if I bundle it with their internet (which I already have) which would make my Internet/TV bill $100 instead of roughly $220 for both services. The cons of going cable are crap hardware and no viacom channels. It's really the DISH Hopper that makes me stay with DISH but really $150/month.... decisions.

I agree the starting line up is really good, out of all the stations I watch on DISH only a few that are missing
- A&E
- History
- El Rey

I could pick up Sling TV for those three channels and save $100/month if I got rid of DISH however recently I received a card from my cable company offering me their 200 channel package for $28 if I bundle it with their internet (which I already have) which would make my Internet/TV bill $100 instead of roughly $220 for both services. The cons of going cable are crap hardware and no viacom channels. It's really the DISH Hopper that makes me stay with DISH but really $150/month.... decisions.

With $120 per month savings you could buy a Tivo with lifetime service and be ahead very quickly. I have a lot of experience with the Hopper at my parents' house and the Tivo Roamio at my house and I think the Roamio is the better box. I don't have any experience with the new Tivo Bolt but those are probably even better.

Reactions: ohioankev
With $120 per month savings you could buy a Tivo with lifetime service and be ahead very quickly. I have a lot of experience with the Hopper at my parents' house and the Tivo Roamio at my house and I think the Roamio is the better box. I don't have any experience with the new Tivo Bolt but those are probably even better.

You're right but from what I've seen the cost of the Roamio is $499.99 plus an additional $599.99 for the lifetime subscription to the DVR. That's a lot of money upfront. (at least for myself and my budget) I could probably get it within three months if I cut my service down in June. (when most of my TV watching goes on hiatus)

Tivo refurb deals show up on their site all the time. I got my Roamio Plus that way and the deal I took was $99 upfront and $20/month for 24 months. Easier to budget and as long as you pay on monthly you have an unlimited warranty.

Sent from my App Runtime for Chrome using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr Tony
You're right but from what I've seen the cost of the Roamio is $499.99 plus an additional $599.99 for the lifetime subscription to the DVR. That's a lot of money upfront. (at least for myself and my budget) I could probably get it within three months if I cut my service down in June. (when most of my TV watching goes on hiatus)

I wouldn't pay $499 for a Roamio. As lparsons21 said, there are better deals to be had if you are patient. If you aren't so patient the Tivo Bolt is currently $285 on Amazon.

Amazon product ASIN B013X8YI5I

Well, it's somewhat disappointing that they're going to force people to buy locals (eventually). I wonder what will happen to existing subs? Will they just see their bill go up? Or be able to keep their existing package for some period of time?

On the other hand I'm very glad to hear Sony plans on coming to the Roku. As long as the Roku could be used as the primary device (instead of PS3, PS4, or Fire TV) then I think it would be a popular option. But if you still have to have a PS3, PS4, or Fire to setup the service, a lot of people will be annoyed.

So far absolutely no stutter watching the NCAA tourney (or any program) with the PQ being fantastic. I checked the same feeds on sling, and it was much slower to ramp up to good PQ, that IMO did not seem as crisp even then.

Reactions: Foxbat