The PlayStation Vue Thread

It is plenty fast on the FireTV box.
Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

I may pick one up and compare. I can handle it just fine with the stick on the outside and bedroom tvs, but the wife would enjoy a faster experience in the living room.

I most likely will cancel it before the trial expires and just keep the idea in my back pocket for those times when Dish and whoever pull channels. I will say that it is the most cost effective and useful streaming service to date. Sony has done a really good job with it.

Hopefully they will get an app for other platforms and I suspect they will depending on how well it is received. Doing some reading in areas where the locals are available on it the price is about $15 higher per level. I wonder if those in those areas can sub without live locals. Didn't see anything discussing that.

Doing some reading in areas where the locals are available on it the price is about $15 higher per level. I wonder if those in those areas can sub without live locals. Didn't see anything discussing that.

They can not. Areas where it was previously offered with locals are not eligible for the new "slim" packages without it. The question is when they add locals to new areas will they be automatically bumped to the old local included packages or not. My guess is they will.

This is not a good deal for me because of the bundle I get from Comcast but I see it as a good deal for Sat. Customers because of no more box fees and cheaper packages from Sony.

They still need to get this on the Roku to make a impact.

Also this might mean that more cable companies will push out Data Caps to kill this.

Also this might mean that more cable companies will push out Data Caps to kill this.

I have made this point before but I'm really not worried about that happening. The cable companies know that their TV business is declining. Their home phone business is not going to be an area of growth either. Internet is the only market they have stake in that is still growing.

If they start throttling speeds or go with low data caps they would be killing their most future proof product. Who is going to pay for those fast (and expensive) internet packages they offer if they can't stream video through it? Take away video streaming and most people wouldn't have a need for anything more than 1Mbps DSL. Standard web browsing would be pretty much identical whether you have 1Mbps or 1Gbps internet.

On top of that, more internet companies that don't provide pay TV are continuing to sprout up. If the cable companies decided to intentionally sabotage their own internet offerings I'm sure there are plenty of companies who would love to take their market share.

I would hope not as $15 increase to pay for the locals is too high. That said, even at the higher price, it is a relative bargain compared to sat from either of the satellite providers. And is competitive with most cable 'deals'.

As with all streaming services, the cost of the bandwidth has to be factored in. Not the baseline bandwidth that is good enough for the casual streaming we do if we are subscribed to cable/sat, but how much more to get enough for full time streaming.

Here the retail for 100/10 w/1Tb data cap is $80/month, 150/20 w/2Tb data cap is $99/month. So about $40/month more for 100 compared to the 50/5 w/250Gb cap. So it brings the total cost to go full streaming more in line with most other ways of getting subscription TV service.

I've been monitoring my bandwidth usage for a few months. Before I got 4K capability, I was using an average of 350Gb per month. Now with 4K I'm using something north of 500Gb. And that is just part time streaming. Currently paying $60/month for the 100/10 w/1Tb, but that is on a deal. Who knows what I'll be able to negotiate when the 'deal' is done.

I've never monitored my usage but I know it's higher than the average. I regularly download 50GB video games plus patches to those games. I also stream HD video pretty much every day. I have never worried about how much data I'm using and I've never gotten a letter or fee from Charter for using to much.

Internet cost has to factored in but many (most?) already pay for what would work in addition to pay tv now.

My usage will go up somewhat but I used net for probably 90% streaming even when I had sat. My time constraints won't allow usage to go that much higher.

Even in months I have exceeded my uverse "cap" I have never had an issue. Some companies may be more strict on enforcement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if anyone has noticed but the selection of tv anywhere apps is impressive with this as well. Pretty much anyone offered that they also offer a channel for is available.

Reactions: lparsons21
They have a mobile app for iOS. I have it but have not seen if there is live tv yet

Yup just found it althought it says you must setup your account via your PS3 or PS4 and then log in using that account.

I do not have a PS3 or PS4 anymore so that stops me from joining up.

You can set it up from a fire device as well. That's what I did

Signed up but still no luck.

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1458054565.589493.jpg

I could not make it work that way either. It would only work once I set it up from a device.

Odd... I signed up at psvue.com, which redirected to a PlayStation site to login and add the subscription to it. I already have a PlayStation account because of my PSPlus subscription.

Then to the FireTV to login and things worked fine.

Hmm.... Reading that message and finally remembering something I read in Sony's FAQ, yeah, you need to login on a PS3/4 or FireTV before the mobile app will function. Seems an odd way to do things! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)