The PlayStation Vue Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
My cable company is currently giving me a really good TV package (similar to AT 250 plus HBO, Showtime, and Cinemax) for $40 more than I pay for internet alone. I have no contracts and have recently been able to get them to extend me another year when the promo ran out and I tried to cancel. I think it's worth the extra $5 to keep real cable right now but if they ever take that promo from me I'll be looking at the $35 Vue option, at least for the MLB season.

Did the math compared with my cable company, and the sticker is still the Internet and phone (which my wife insists on). Cable Internet is the only reliable broadband alternative in my neighborhood if you want real download speeds of more than 7 mps. And they'd charge me $95 for Internet and phone, so with top Vue package my total bill would be about the same. Plus I'd lose all the local channels, including sub-channels. I'll be keeping an eye on this, though.

Did the math compared with my cable company, and the sticker is still the Internet and phone (which my wife insists on). Cable Internet is the only reliable broadband alternative in my neighborhood if you want real download speeds of more than 7 mps. And they'd charge me $95 for Internet and phone, so with top Vue package my total bill would be about the same. Plus I'd lose all the local channels, including sub-channels. I'll be keeping an eye on this, though.

Look into Ooma. My parents insist on having a home phone at their house too. It actually makes sense for them. They have terrible cell service and my dad is retired so he is home most of the time. They were on Vonage for about 10 years after I convinced them to save money there instead of using a traditional AT&T landline. Even that had gotten up to about $25 per month though.

I recently got them to switch to Ooma. They had to pay a one time fee of $90 to buy the box and $40 to port their old number but there are no monthly fees besides taxes. I think their bill is about $3-$4 now. It has been just as reliable as their old Vonage service. As long as they have power and internet they have phone service. They haven't noticed any difference from switching.

Reactions: Radio Waves
Mediacom is easy, go over and the next bill has the overage charge @$10/50Gb. :)

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Comcast is the same way in certain areas but they offer total unlimited for a extra $30 a month.

Also for some reason Comcast can not read my modem, I look up my data monitor on their site and ever since I bought my own Motorola 6141 and returned their unit it has not worked, worked fine using Comcast's Modem.

This is not a good deal for me because of the bundle I get from Comcast .
That is the key phrase there.
If you negotiated a great deal then by all means more power to you.
But for lots of folks this may be the better option...especially those who cannot get a deal from their cable provider.

Reactions: jegrant
My cable contract is up this month. PS Vue is very tempting. I can get everything I need, including the local Fox Sports channel that carries all my Fox RSNs for $35.The biggest problem obviously is the lack of local broadcast networks, because as a channel surfer I'd rather not have to switch inputs for OTA channels, especially during college and pro football season.

Earlier in this thread, someone said PS Vue markets where locals are available pay $15 for the privilege. However, at least in the San Francisco market, I only see a $10 difference between their packages and the nationwide packages.

PS Vue at least gives me good leverage when I negotiate a new cable contract in the coming weeks. And hopefully this service will evolve to the point it becomes a no-brainer to cut the cord.

Luckily, where I live there are no contracts for cable. Even if they said no to extending a promo offer for me I could cancel and use Vue for a couple months until they start making new customer offers again.

That is the key phrase there.
If you negotiated a great deal then by all means more power to you.
But for lots of folks this may be the better option...especially those who cannot get a deal from their cable provider.

That is why I said me, I don't know what cable companies are like in other areas to what they offer as far as price and service ( I have read pretty bad things due to hardware since most cable companies don't what to upgrade their boxes) but I do believe this service is a game changer for Dish/DirecTV based on price, PS Vue Access Slim package (which has every channel I need) is pretty close to what a DVR and another Box rental by itself before programming costs.

When my contract with Comcast is up in 20 months and they won't give me a good deal I hope options like Vue are still there.

Also I am amazed that Sony was able to get the rights to the network apps, my local ABC and NBC channels are not owned by Disney/Comcast, must be some kind of payoff to the local affiliates.

Just checked my Sony "smart" blu-ray player in my bedroom (BDP-S3100), and unfortunately no PS Vue app. I also noticed in the fine print, PS Vue will only stream to one PS4 and one PS3 at a time ...

A single PlayStation™Vue account can simultaneously stream PlayStation™Vue on up to one PS4 console and one PS3 console in the same home (Note: at this time, you cannot stream on two PS4 consoles or two PS3 consoles at any given time).

Additionally, you can use PlayStation™Vue Mobile on iOS devices, or PlayStation™Vue on Fire TV devices for additional simultaneous streams, with up to five total devices supported at once.

Also I am amazed that Sony was able to get the rights to the network apps, my local ABC and NBC channels are not owned by Disney/Comcast, must be some kind of payoff to the local affiliates.
its just video on demand for the networks

Have had issues getting the PS3 setup to watch. First with updates. Two hours later and finally got that done and then the app wouldn't cooperate.

Guess I'll test it there later and stick with more testing on the fire tv stick again.

Seeing basically what I saw last night. Watching some of the NIT tourney. Pq is again very good.

Still irritated with the speed of the fire stick in navigation. If you don't get impatient and keep hitting the button it works fine, just slow. However it's very easy to think it didn't register and hit it twice or more and end up where you didn't mean to be.

Again this is a result of the hardware I'd imagine and others have said its better on the box. It's livable.

Multiple streams seems as solid as last night.

Did notice an error message on one of the wife's shows that we did to the "dvr" tonight. I'll check it again later and see if it persists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hmm... might be useful for those like me who've dropped cable and use a tivo for ota (xbox & sister's dish login for espn).
Might have to check it out.

Reactions: Ronnie-
Ok I took my FireTV into work and setup my profile.

In my few minutes of playing with it, I got to admit I am a little disappointed with it as many channels are "Mobile Restricted" including all the channels from NBCUniversal. This is sad because I am on my WIFI Network but won't let me watch it becasue my phone is considered a mobile device. I could see maybe if I was on the Cell network to watch.

The on demand stuff you can't fast forward through. So if I want to see the last 15 minutes of The Voice that I missed I have to watch the entire show.

On both the Fire TV and my iPhone the service seems slow to me, moving through menus or even trying to log in.

Scott for the first day and a half of using the app I noticed the same mobile restriction on most channels and could never really get a live feed to work even on the home network. This morning, oddly enough after getting the ps3 set up (may or may not be related) I have found live feeds on everyone I have tried on wifi at my office (so obviously different network). I have not tried them all, nor have I tried it over cell.

I have also noticed that the ios app seems a little faster, although far from fast.

I just checked and yes the NBC channels that I looked at are indeed still mobile restricted.

Fast forwarding works on a few recorded shows but not all, and not very well on those that allow it. Overall I have to say it is the best of the multi-channel streamers I've seen and I probably could get used to it, but is sure isn't a Hopper!! :)

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Use NBC's TV Anywhere apps with your Playstation Vue login to get around the mobile restrictions.

SyFy does not have a TV Everywhere app, the rest do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts