The PlayStation Vue Thread

On my roku that works with the new interface, I can hold down the fast forward button and see the minutes elapsed in the show count up. So I can say watch it pass 3 minutes in a few seconds and then stop.

It looks like all the Tribune-owned Fox affiliates are being pulled from PS Vue around the country. I lost it here in San Diego, and folks in PS Vue groups are reporting the same in other major cities. Given Sinclair is in the process of buying Tribune, and is having to meet certain FCC and DOJ requirements to complete the purchase (e.g., selling certain stations), this may have something to do with that. Since PS Vue has deals with other Sinclair-owned local affiliates, this could very well be temporary -- pending finalization of the sale.

It would appear Sony signed deals with these Tribune-owned Fox affiliates a few months ago fully aware of the pending sale and knowing that making these Fox stations available in their respective markets was just temporary as they tried to justify ending the Slim-priced packages.

Interesting, my Fox local on DirecTV is gone in Wilmington NC. Not just a streamer problem.

Posted in another thread, but I got an opportunity to try YouTube tv.

The channel selection is not as varied, and the device variety isn't great, but it ticks most of the boxes I need, and the price is good.

Depending on your channel needs, if it's available for you, this may be the best option.

The ui is great, the pq is comparable to vue, and the dvr is basically unlimited.

No roku app yet, but, if you open the app on your phone, you can hit cast and it sees roku. After you do that you can control it with the roku remote and not use the phone again till next time.

Odd thing is, it isn't a real cast, and the interface is exactly like the Xbox and LG tvs I have that do have the actual app.

I can think of one channel that I watch with any regularity that isn't included, but on the other side I do have "locals".

Actually the locals from the neighboring DMA, it's not technically available here, but through a location glitch it showed me there, so I took advantage of the opportunity.

Posted in another thread, but I got an opportunity to try YouTube tv.

The channel selection is not as varied, and the device variety isn't great, but it ticks most of the boxes I need, and the price is good.

Depending on your channel needs, if it's available for you, this may be the best option.

The ui is great, the pq is comparable to vue, and the dvr is basically unlimited.

No roku app yet, but, if you open the app on your phone, you can hit cast and it sees roku. After you do that you can control it with the roku remote and not use the phone again till next time.

Odd thing is, it isn't a real cast, and the interface is exactly like the Xbox and LG tvs I have that do have the actual app.

I can think of one channel that I watch with any regularity that isn't included, but on the other side I do have "locals".

Actually the locals from the neighboring DMA, it's not technically available here, but through a location glitch it showed me there, so I took advantage of the opportunity.

I've been hearing good things about YouTubeTV and would definitely give it a trial run if it were on Roku. I would never use any TV service that required casting (or wasn't running through a hardwired device) so no point in testing it that way.

Is there an extra fee for fastforwarding DVR'd shows and are there any channels that can't be recorded/fastforwarded? I get confused between YouTube's and Hulu's restrictions in this regard.

I've been hearing good things about YouTubeTV and would definitely give it a trial run if it were on Roku. I would never use any TV service that required casting (or wasn't running through a hardwired device) so no point in testing it that way.

Is there an extra fee for fastforwarding DVR'd shows and are there any channels that can't be recorded/fastforwarded? I get confused between YouTube's and Hulu's restrictions in this regard.
I wouldn't actually call it casting, in the traditional sense.

That's just how it loads. Once it's up, you don't even need the phone in the home until you shut it down and want to start it back.

Other than that it functions the same as any other built in app.

As to the other question, there is no extra fee, although I'm not sure what restrictions are there for recorded content. I haven't recorded anything yet. I'll try to remember to test it this evening.

You can now sign up for PlayStation Vue without a TV

Mobile sign up, and it looks like it is becoming more mobile friendly. :

Along with mobile sign-ups, Sony also announced two other features. One is that you'll be able to access your regional sports network even when you're in another city, which is pretty cool if you want to catch up on your team's games while you're traveling. At the same time, you'll be able to watch the local broadcast affiliate of whatever city you're in, so you can amuse yourself with local news or just watch the weather forecast.

The last 2 nights Vue has gone "dead" for me. No audio and no video. Just a black screen. Has this happened for anyone else? It's not my internet because I checked and all else was fine. Last night it was back after watching a recorded show for an hour. In both cases it was back functioning normally the next morning. By the way, my internet speed is 100+ and stable. I've had the service for nearly a year now, but I won't be putting up with this sh** very long. Too many options out there now.

The last 2 nights Vue has gone "dead" for me. No audio and no video. Just a black screen. Has this happened for anyone else? It's not my internet because I checked and all else was fine. Last night it was back after watching a recorded show for an hour. In both cases it was back functioning normally the next morning. By the way, my internet speed is 100+ and stable. I've had the service for nearly a year now, but I won't be putting up with this sh** very long. Too many options out there now.

Been perfect for me, what device are you using?

They have multiple streams discovered when some areas lost service while others didn't so it's possible one of the streams has an issue while another doesn't.

Though I don't have Vue currently, I'm still a member of a Facebook group for PS Vue, and I've been seeing a lot of chatter about outages the past few days.

Vue changed streaming rules now you can take a tv connected device to another location

Just got off the phone. If you don't set a home location, you CAN take a tv connected device out of the house.If you are streaming on a 4 th device it will ask you if you want to lock in a home device to get 5 streams. So just say no and you can still use it out if the home, but will only have 3 streams

Vue changed streaming rules now you can take a tv connected device to another location

Just got off the phone. If you don't set a home location, you CAN take a tv connected device out of the house.If you are streaming on a 4 th device it will ask you if you want to lock in a home device to get 5 streams. So just say no and you can still use it out if the home, but will only have 3 streams

Edit service and the website are wrong, won't work

Picture quality has been pretty good. Motion with 30 fps has been jittery at times when panning on movies and shows. Sports on NBC and CBS and Tennis Channel have a stutter sometime. 720p 60fps motion is very clean with sports. Comparable to Directv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts