The Raiders, the NFL's wasteland.

I hate the Raiders! Now, that being said, I can see great potential for rapid improvement. With a talented, if unproven, QB and a rookie RB, that is a great prospect, they may be on the way back.

Anyway, they will probably be in L.A., if that new stadium is actually built. Ugh! They are, were and always will be the damn Oakland Raiders.

Not this year...but definately next year! Rounds 3-7 produces some great choices for the Raiders in the draft:

Tyvon Brach was a great pick in the 4th round and quite possibly the steal of the draft at cornerback. Arman Shields was a very good receiver at Richmond, the guy got hurt, was at full strength at the combine and at 6-3, 200 lbs, ran a 4.38(MUCH needed height and speed at receiver). I read he had route issues, but that can be improved with proper coaching...he too was picked up in the 4th round. In the 6th round they picked up a converted TE to DE/OLB, Trevor Scott, that ran 4.5s at 6-5 260 lbs! Good pick that can play multiple postions. In the final round, the picked up Chaz Schilens, a 6-4, 220 lbs receiver that was running 4.34 at the combines!

I amm VERY excited about the draft. I am hoping some of the free agents will pan out and we will go from there. Things can turn around quickly....like I said, I hoping for a 7-9, maybe an 8-8 season.

ive seen arman play at uofr game, that guy is pretty sweet, glad we got him as well... if lane can coach the way he wants, i predict a 9-7 season :)

ive seen arman play at uofr game, that guy is pretty sweet, glad we got him as well... if lane can coach the way he wants, i predict a 9-7 season :)

From your mouth to GOD's ears!!! LMAO!! I am HOPING for a 7-9 season with hopes of an 8-8...and then NEXT year, a possible 9-7 season and a playoff run.
I have a few friends "in-the-know"(glad I kept ALL my old contacts when I worked sports media)in the West Coast and they tell me this Arman kid is raw but VERY talented with MAJOR upswing. His issues are his routes, BUT with James Loften as the receivers coaches....you might as well consider it a done deal! IF Lane, like you said, IS given the go to get his coaching on....I am very excited about the team!

From your mouth to GOD's ears!!! LMAO!! I am HOPING for a 7-9 season with hopes of an 8-8...and then NEXT year, a possible 9-7 season and a playoff run.
I have a few friends "in-the-know"(glad I kept ALL my old contacts when I worked sports media)in the West Coast and they tell me this Arman kid is raw but VERY talented with MAJOR upswing. His issues are his routes, BUT with James Loften as the receivers coaches....you might as well consider it a done deal! IF Lane, like you said, IS given the go to get his coaching on....I am very excited about the team!
DITTO! :up

You guys sound like Lion's fans. Every draft, is the one that's going to turn it around for you. Face it, the Raiders are the West Coast version of the Lions. You only got about 40+ yrs, till you're saying:

THE OAKLAND RAIDERS - REBUILDING FOR THE LAST 50 YEARS!
As long as Al Davis (the West Coast version of William Clay Ford) still runs the team, they will continue floundering. :D
Misery loves company, guys. :D

You guys sound like Lion's fans. Every draft, is the one that's going to turn it around for you. Face it, the Raiders are the West Coast version of the Lions. You only got about 40+ yrs, till you're saying:

As long as Al Davis (the West Coast version of William Clay Ford) still runs the team, they will continue floundering. :D
No not really true we have won playoff games! not counting even making it to the super bowl! oh yea and have Won a few! Plus we sell more merchandise then any team! This is in the last five years! 19-62..

The Raiders showed improvement last year....and were really outclassed in a few games...the rest....they were in till the end...and a break here or there..and they could have been easily 7-9. The Lions on the other hand, they have good players all around and alot more than the Raiders do....started out well and faded dreadfully. I truly believe if Lane Kiffin is allowed to coach(heard that AL) and given little interference...this team could really and truly improve.

...and of course....the "half-empty" side of me says, "shoulda, woulda, coulda....and if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle......"

LMAO!

As much as I hate to say it, Al does need to hand the reigns over to someone else. I really think that once that happens, then the Raiders will be on their way back, until then, I just don't see it.

That being said, who will Al hand them over to? Who is the rest of the mgmt? Kids?

As much as I hate to say it, Al does need to hand the reigns over to someone else. I really think that once that happens, then the Raiders will be on their way back, until then, I just don't see it.

That being said, who will Al hand them over to? Who is the rest of the mgmt? Kids?

IF I am not mistaken...he has a woman named Amy Trask running the day-to-day operations of the club....but he does have final say-so on any major decisions.

Oh yea, I know Amy is there, but she wont take over. I figure he will sell his stock to one of the minority owners or hand it down to one of his kids, if he has any.

Sports Schedules

University of Miami at Dolphin Stadium?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)