The real reason for Phelps's 12,000 calorie diet

Yeah I saw that. He is young and is going to make stupid mistakes.

Yeah I saw that. He is young and is going to make stupid mistakes.

Yes is his....so can people PLEASE stop annointing him as some kind of GOD because he can swim fast...??!!:rolleyes:

All he is is a man....like you and me, but he just happen to swim very fast....THAT'S IT!!!

I hope this doesn't taint the accomplishments he's achieved so far. This has the potential to be a PR nightmare.

Personally, I don't have an issue with it. He made a mistake. Haven't we all?

"I use this to smoke tobacco, officer!" :) :)

In all seriousness, this *should* be a non-issue. The only real mistake he made was allowing himself to be photographed.

Last I checked, smoking weed isn't exactly performance enhancing.

I hope this doesn't taint the accomplishments he's achieved so far. This has the potential to be a PR nightmare.

Personally, I don't have an issue with it. He made a mistake. Haven't we all?
I agree. His biggest concern will probably be the effect this may have on his multi-million dollar endorsement deals.

"I use this to smoke tobacco, officer!" :) :)

In all seriousness, this *should* be a non-issue. The only real mistake he made was allowing himself to be photographed.

Last I checked, smoking weed isn't exactly performance enhancing.

IT is a non-issue...the problem we have made some of the athletes GOD like that the moment they make a very human mistake....everyone, ESPECIALLY the media, wanna rip these people apart.

This is a (puff, puff) real non-issue (hey throw me that lighter, this went out) for me. (Cough,cough). May loose him a couple of endorsements, though.

Anyone who thinks Michael Phelps career is over needs to go no further than referencing Santonio Holmes.

In the past year Holmes has been arrested, admitted to selling pot, clubbed rabbits in the head and sold them for $3 a pop and released nude photos of himself over the internet. Yesterday he was the MVP of the Super Bowl.

Anyone who thinks Michael Phelps career is over needs to go no further than referencing Santonio Holmes.

In the past year Holmes has been arrested, admitted to selling pot and released nude photos of himself on the internet. Yesterday he was the MVP of the Super Bowl.
Yep, he did the best thing he could do in this situation: own up to it. Look what has happened to the many celebs / athletes that have tried to dodge and deny what happened in similar situations and it just snowballs on them...

I think he's truly sincere about his apology.

He's not a guy who is going to defy the law over and over again (*cough* Pacman Jomnes *cough*)

His bigger issue is the IOC and US OC and being banned from the sport for drug use. Somewhere i recall reading that there is up to a 10 year ban for drug use, it did not specify performance or appetite enhancing...

His bigger issue is the IOC and US OC and being banned from the sport for drug use. Somewhere i recall reading that there is up to a 10 year ban for drug use, it did not specify performance or appetite enhancing...

If true, thats insane. Are these athletes allowed to drink alcohol? Its really not that much different...

In the past year Holmes has been arrested, admitted to selling pot, clubbed rabbits in the head and sold them for $3 a pop and released nude photos of himself over the internet. Yesterday he was the MVP of the Super Bowl.

AMERICA!!!! Gotta love this country.:rolleyes:

But, I haven't seen where he has failed a drug test, and that would probably have to happen before any punishments are handed down.

AMERICA!!!! Gotta love this country.:rolleyes:

Can't get any better story than Don King! Manslaughter and out in a few...and now he is filthy rich litterally and figuratively!
donking_ap.jpg

;)

Neither care as long as it isn't during competition, well at least the IOC. I heard that yesterday on ESPN.

NBA ALL-STAR Weekend: 2009

Here is a real approach to attacking steroid use in baseball

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)