The Results are in!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Prometheus23

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 7, 2005
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/754/754985p1.html

Best-Selling Games: December 2006
Game industry totals $12.5 billion in 2006.
by Micah Seff
January 11, 2007 - The NPD Group has just released sales data for December 2006, and there are a whole lot of surprises. Several PS2 games made the list, accompanied by plenty of DS and Xbox 360 games. Unfortunately for Sony, PS3 games are noticeably absent from the top ten, yet again.

Leading the pack at number one last month was Gears of War for the Xbox 360. This surprised no one, as the popularity of that game continues to skyrocket. What was surprising, however, was that Guitar Hero II, in its second month on store shelves, was outsold by Gears of War by only the tiniest of margins. The PS2 version of Madden NFL 07 continues its dominance at number three. Of course, the biggest shocker of all was that the Wii version of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess was actually outsold by the GameCube version. Despite the fact that the GameCube has a much larger userbase, pretty much everyone assumed that fans had already moved on to the Wii. Overall, the numbers revealed that the US videogame industry has reached an all-time high at $12.5 billion, easily destroying last year's record of $10.5 billion.

The NPD Group also released the list of the best-selling hardware for December, and it sure did contain some bombshells. The Nintendo DS continued is ascendancy to the upper echelons of handheld dominance, selling 1.6 million units in December alone with a life-to-date of 9.2 million units. The DS was closely followed by the PlayStation 2, which sold a whopping 1.4 million units, making its life-to-date total an awe-inspiring 37.1 million units. The Xbox 360 had a comfortable month with 1.1 million units sold. Fourth place was astonishingly enough snagged by the PlayStation Portable, which, despite having no games in the top ten, sold a hefty 953.2 thousand units. Another shocker was the continued strong sales of the GameBoy Advance, which totaled 850.7 thousand units. Limited supply of the two newest systems kept either from breaking into the top five with 604.2 thousand units and 490.7 thousand units sold for the Wii and PS3 respectively.

Here are the overall top 10 best-selling videogames for December 2006:

Gears of War - Xbox 360 (Microsoft)
Guitar Hero 2 Bundle- PS2 (Activision)
Madden NFL 07 - PS2 (Electronic Arts)
Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess - GCN (Nintendo)
Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Wii (Nintendo)
WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2007 - PS2 (THQ)
New Super Mario Bros. - NDS (Nintendo)
Call of Duty 3 - Xbox 360 (Activision)
Yoshi's Island 2 - NDS (Nintendo)
Call of Duty 3 - PS2 (Activision)

Now, here are the overall top 10 best-selling videogames for the entirety of 2006:

Madden NFL 07 - PS2 (Electronic Arts)
New Super Mario Bros. - NDS (Nintendo)
Gears of War - Xbox 360 (Microsoft)
Kingdom Hearts II - PS2 (Square Enix)
Guitar Hero 2 Bundle- PS2 (Activision)
Final Fantasy XII - PS2 (Square Enix)
Brain Age: Train Your Brain - NDS (Nintendo)
Madden NFL 07 - Xbox 360 (Electronic Arts)
Tom Clancy's GRAW - Xbox 360 (UbiSoft)
NCAA Football 07 - PS2 (Electronic Arts)

Last edited:
#10 should be Call of Duty PS2. IGN screwed up.
http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=14940

I thought it was interesting that the GameCube version of Zelda outsold the Wii version.

HARDWARE SALES:

PS2 = 1.4 million
360 = 1.1 million
Wii = 604.2 K
PS3 = 490.7 K

I haven't seen the handheld numbers yet.

Edit: Found it.

Nintendo DS 1.6 mm / 9.2 mm
PSP 953.2 K / 6.7 mm

REMEMBER NDB DOES NOT INCLUDE WAL-MART.

Last edited:
Guitar Hero 2 been awesome! They will sell more on the PS2 than the xbox 360...im sure there is an X amount of people that don't want to spend 400$ to get the xbox 360 just to play 1 game.
Id say Guitar Hero 2 on the PS2 won.

Guitar Hero 2 been awesome! They will sell more on the PS2 than the xbox 360...im sure there is an X amount of people that don't want to spend 400$ to get the xbox 360 just to play 1 game.
Id say Guitar Hero 2 on the PS2 won.

HUH??? I didnt know that was the only game they made for the 360, silly me! I thought Gears of war (the top selling game in december by the way, and selling more then guitar hero 2, was also available for the 360-but thank you for pointing out the only reason to get a 360 would be to play GH2, guess I wasted my money on the Ps3 then as well as That system dosent have any games.

Hmmm too bad Gears with the new patch sucks more...I loved the game..hell to be honest..the only reason i got the 360 was for GoW and Halo 3 (when it hits the shelves).
Well I like to be able to play with my friends in Gears of war 4v4...i guess that is not possible anymore in ranked matches...
BTW the ps3 has RFoM which keeps me entertained until new games come out and not to mention GTHD (new patch out)

Hmmm too bad Gears with the new patch sucks more...I loved the game..hell to be honest..the only reason i got the 360 was for GoW and Halo 3 (when it hits the shelves).
Well I like to be able to play with my friends in Gears of war 4v4...i guess that is not possible anymore in ranked matches...
BTW the ps3 has RFoM which keeps me entertained until new games come out and not to mention GTHD (new patch out)

it is possible just got on private chat together. Set your filters for the exact # of rounds and match type. have the host tell you when he sets it up when search and join it. I have hit the right room, whit the correct filters set, 95% of the time with friends.
More difficult but not impossible. gl :up

it is possible just got on private chat together. Set your filters for the exact # of rounds and match type. have the host tell you when he sets it up when search and join it. I have hit the right room, whit the correct filters set, 95% of the time with friends.
More difficult but not impossible. gl :up

Thats how we do it, my friends and I play 4v4 all the time. never mind, didnt read ranked matches, we do it in unranked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts