The Road to Super Bowl XLV: The 2010-11 NFL Playoffs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
5. Did all those twirling Terrible Towels cause a wind shift that blew the Suisham kick wide left? That kick wasn't even close!

Pittsburgh has had kicking issues during the season

8. Favorite commercial was the Chrysler tribute to Detroit with Eminem. It worked on various levels.

I thought the commercial was good as well, great production. I also liked the NFL commerical with the old shows with the jerseys on them. Other then that did not really like the other commericals

1. For the first time in this year's playoffs, the team with the LEAST amount of rushing yards won. Previously, in every single playoff game this year, the team who rushed for more yards won. Not last night.
I think it's fitting in a way. Football is becoming more of a passing game rather than a running game, and the last two SB champs- Saints and Packers- are very good in that department.

3. Aside from all the dropped passes by Packers receivers, I thought there was another significant play that could've altered the games outcome: The phantom facemask call against the Packers. That was a terrible call! Wasn't that on a 3rd and long? Didn't the 15-yard penalty extend the Steelers drive that lead to a TD?
Correction- that facemask was not on a 3rd down play. It was on a punt return.

4. What happened on the last drive by the Steelers? They had plenty of time to drive down the field. We've seen Big Ben do it before. They just looked utterly confused. Mike Wallace had no clue what route to run. His hands were up in the air in bewilderment. Ben couldn't get a play called on time. Kind of a disappointing finish. Teams practice two-minute drills all season long to prepare for this very moment. What happened?
He should have gone to Hines Ward instead.

5. Did all those twirling Terrible Towels cause a wind shift that blew the Suisham kick wide left? That kick wasn't even close!
It was in a dome- no excuses. He just flat out whiffed.

6. Worst halftime performance in recent memory. There must be a lot of post processing done in the studios, because the Black Eyed Peas are terrible live.
Of the SB entertainers, the only I thought did well was Lea Michele.

A pretty decent game. I really didn't care who won so long as there was a good played game. Clearly, the Steelers shot themselves in the foot and will all that, they STILL had a chance to win the game.

I was not too thrilled about a couple of things, (1) The self importance the NFL commissioner was giving himself making sure all the dignitaries were always around him :rolleyes:, and (2)...did anyone ELSE almost puked in the mouths when you saw Cameron Diaz feeding A-Rod popcorn...??!!:eek:

Ramy said:
Why do you think the Redskins got rid of him? LOL

Actually, I don't think he was any worse than Jeff Reed was this year.....

Question, with all the Special Teams play getting better, the avg field position has to be out. Farther than the 20 yard line.
If your kicker can kick it deep and into the endzone for a potential touchback, why does this not happen more frequently ?

It's official: Sunday night's telecast of Super Bowl XLV is the most-watched program in television history, in terms of viewership.

FOX , which aired Green Bay's 31-25 win over Pittsburgh, breathlessly reported Monday that 111 million viewers tuned in to watch. That tops the 106.5 million who watched last year's game between New Orleans and Indianapolis and surpasses the 106 million who tuned in to see the final episode of "M*A*S*H" in 1983.

This marks the fourth straight year that a Super Bowl telecast has set a viewership record, marking the first time a major sporting event has hit record high in four straight years. More impressively, Super Bowl viewership from 2005 to Sunday night has increased by nearly 25 million viewers.

Super Bowl XLV Breaks Viewership Record -- NFL FanHouse

This game TURNED when Mendenhaul fumbled to start the 4th quarter ... (not blaming him for the loss, a lot of things happened).
At the time of the fumble, the Steelers had clibmbed to 21-17, had scored the last time it had the ball, the D had just made a stop and on a roll.

Missed FG didn't help.

The Steelers secondary needs serious help, as I've said all year, the D is very good, but they can be passed on .... wish they would open the wallet and go out and get a STUD CB, don't see that happening anytime soon.

GB had a lot of drops but Ben also missed open guys, so, it is what it is...

Personally, I feel the D let them down, if you watch Steeler football, you know there have been more than a few games that the Offense bailed them out.

It's official: Sunday night's telecast of Super Bowl XLV is the most-watched program in television history, in terms of viewership.

FOX , which aired Green Bay's 31-25 win over Pittsburgh, breathlessly reported Monday that 111 million viewers tuned in to watch. That tops the 106.5 million who watched last year's game between New Orleans and Indianapolis and surpasses the 106 million who tuned in to see the final episode of "M*A*S*H" in 1983.

This marks the fourth straight year that a Super Bowl telecast has set a viewership record, marking the first time a major sporting event has hit record high in four straight years. More impressively, Super Bowl viewership from 2005 to Sunday night has increased by nearly 25 million viewers.

OK, not to turn this into a soccer/football thing, but it is time for a fact check...111 million viewers does not make the Super Bowl 'the most-watched program in television history'...not even close. Most-watched in US television history perhaps, but that's not what was stated here.

The 2010 World Cup final between Spain and Netherlands was watched by more than 700 million viewers worldwide. Just keeping it real.

Sandra

SandraC said:
OK, not to turn this into a soccer/football thing, but it is time for a fact check...111 million viewers does not make the Super Bowl 'the most-watched program in television history'...not even close. Most-watched in US television history perhaps, but that's not what was stated here.

The 2010 World Cup final between Spain and Netherlands was watched by more than 700 million viewers worldwide. Just keeping it real.

Sandra

I gotta believe this was referring to the US, not worldwide, possibly North America.

3 turnovers, 21 points. Without those, a different game, and maybe outcome.

All I heard in the buildup to this game was whoever wins the turnover battle wins the game.

That's the way the game works..ANY NFL game, preseason or Super Bow!!

It's always nice to have the Lombardi Trophy back home. Return to Titletown!

HD MM said:
I'm not the only one who thought they were absolutely terrible. Apparently it's unanimous. Every state graded them with an F.......

I bet there are still 30 teams that wished they made it to the superbowl at least once unlike the steelers eighth time plus I bet there are some times that wished they could just go to the playoffs.

I bet there are still 30 teams that wished they made it to the superbowl at least once unlike the steelers eighth time plus I bet there are some times that wished they could just go to the playoffs.

What the heck are you talking about?

I said the Black Eyed Peas stunk. What does this have anything to do with that?

Sandra

That's domestic ratings.

Worldwide, the Super Bowl was broadcast to 232 countries in 34 languages. The average audience worldwide is usually more than 1 billion.

All I heard in the buildup to this game was whoever wins the turnover battle wins the game.

That's the way the game works..ANY NFL game, preseason or Super Bow!!

It's always nice to have the Lombardi Trophy back home. Return to Titletown!

Furthermore, Teams who throw a pick-six are 0-11 in Super Bowls.

That's domestic ratings.

Worldwide, the Super Bowl was broadcast to 232 countries in 34 languages. The average audience worldwide is usually more than 1 billion.

Buckeye Bandwagon Boy say WHAT???????

900 million people outside the US watch the Super bowl? Please. Just please.

Only in Roger Goodell's wildest dreams. A fraction of that.

Sandra

Last edited:
Here's a more specific link, to make Sandra happy:

FOX Sports’ broadcast of Super Bowl XLV averaged 111 million viewers and is the most-watched television program in U.S. history, obliterating the prior record of 106.5 set last year during Super Bowl XLIV by 4.5 million viewers and the 106.0 million for the series finale of M*A*S*H, which held the viewership record from 1983 to 2010.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/02/07/super-bowl-xlv-poised-to-break-viewing-records-ties-1987-with-highest-overnight-ratings-ever/81684

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts