The Road to Super Bowl XLV: The 2010-11 NFL Playoffs

As a Raven fan, I was hoping that the Steelers would win,but what a good game. Neither team has anything to be ashamed of and I think America was entertained tonight,

I was still holding out hope for Ben to drive the field and win the thing with a TD at the end.
Steelers really need to find a better kickwer in the off season too.
The Swishum guy, while he went to school down the road (Bowling Green), has been OK, but you can't COUNT on him.
3 points when he missed could have changed the outcome of this game.
The score I think would have been 21-19 and the Steelers had the momentum.

I was really surprised that the Pack didn't run the ball more, they had a 11 point lead thru most of the game, this would have been a great opportunity to run the ball and take time off the clock. In the 4th quarter they had only 9 rushes.

At least it was a dome game.

It's a shame they had to play this game indoors, I'd have rather played it in Lambeau than INDOORS, particularly at Jerry's place.

Did they ever get the seating situated in there or were all them people out of luck ?

Incase you missed it, Jerry sold tickets to addl. seats and did not have them ready to go.
The NFL said if they were not able to use them at game time that they would pay triple the face value of the ticket.
What was face value ?

I wanted the Steelers to win,but I'm happy that the Packers won.

Being a Steeler fan, I wanted the Steelers to win, but now that it's over, I happy for the Pack and Aaron Rodgers, Rodgers is a very good quality guy ..... I'm just sick of hearing his name for the last 3 weeks, I think I heard his name MORE than #4 when he was doing his drama acts.
My god, they act like he IS God.

I was still holding out hope for Ben to drive the field and win the thing with a TD at the end.
The Swishum guy, while he went to school down the road (Bowling Green), has been OK, but you can't COUNT on him.

I was really surprised that the Pack didn't run the ball more, they had a 11 point lead thru most of the game, this would have been a great opportunity to run the ball and take time off the clock. In the 4th quarter they had only 9 rushes.

Why do you think the Redskins got rid of him? LOL

It's a shame they had to play this game indoors, I'd have rather played it in Lambeau than INDOORS, particularly at Jerry's place.

Did they ever get the seating situated in there or were all them people out of luck ?

Incase you missed it, Jerry sold tickets to addl. seats and did not have them ready to go.
The NFL said if they were not able to use them at game time that they would pay triple the face value of the ticket.
What was face value ?
$800, but a lot of people got these tickets through ticket agencies or scalpers so they paid much more than the $2400 offered by the league....

Well, looking forward, as there were understandably a lot of people who did not think the 2014 Super Bowl should have been awarded to New York/New Jersey (and I'm one of them), for the record yesterday was, for February 6, a VERY nice day around here.

The temps went back down into the evening, but with bright sunshine yesterday was well into the 50's, and it honestly felt like it was around 60 degrees. For the first time in a while I was able to run on the boardwalk in tri shirt and shorts, and there were a decent amount of people on the beach. A lot of people used the best weather day since December to find reasons to get out of the house and so something outdoors...including me. Instead of watching college basketball in the afternoon, I decided to clean out my car.

Hopefully we have the same luck in three years.

Sandra

Super Bowl Thoughts

1. For the first time in this year's playoffs, the team with the LEAST amount of rushing yards won. Previously, in every single playoff game this year, the team who rushed for more yards won. Not last night.

2. How appropriate was it that after losing Charles Woodson and Donald Driver, the Packer STILL won? Injuries and overcoming adversity have been their story all year.

3. Aside from all the dropped passes by Packers receivers, I thought there was another significant play that could've altered the games outcome: The phantom facemask call against the Packers. That was a terrible call! Wasn't that on a 3rd and long? Didn't the 15-yard penalty extend the Steelers drive that lead to a TD?

4. What happened on the last drive by the Steelers? They had plenty of time to drive down the field. We've seen Big Ben do it before. They just looked utterly confused. Mike Wallace had no clue what route to run. His hands were up in the air in bewilderment. Ben couldn't get a play called on time. Kind of a disappointing finish. Teams practice two-minute drills all season long to prepare for this very moment. What happened?

5. Did all those twirling Terrible Towels cause a wind shift that blew the Suisham kick wide left? That kick wasn't even close!

6. Worst halftime performance in recent memory. There must be a lot of post processing done in the studios, because the Black Eyed Peas are terrible live.

7. Really Christina Aguilera? See you on Tosh.0 this week...

8. Favorite commercial was the Chrysler tribute to Detroit with Eminem. It worked on various levels.

9. Congrats to the Green Bay Packers. Winners of Super Bowl XLV!

3 turnovers, 21 points. Without those, a different game, and maybe outcome.
the same thing can be said about any game. you make mistakes like that its gonna cost you no matter who you are. packers made the plays that were necessary to win and the steelers didn't. if you're gonna look at what could've or the if's then the same thing could be said about many of the dropped balls by packers wr's that if completed could've put this game out of reach for the steelers. thats why no excuses should be made like the steelers coach said last night. this is one of the best organizations in football if not the best. very professional and very classy from the coach down to the latest member of the steelers. They'll be back!

6. Worst halftime performance in recent memory. There must be a lot of post processing done in the studios, because the Black Eyed Peas are terrible live.

Sorry, but last years was much worse.

8. Favorite commercial was the Chrysler tribute to Detroit with Eminem. It worked on various levels.

The Darth Vader VW one was my favorite.

When they lined up to kick, I told my wife it had to be a fake. I was amazed they took a high risk chance like that. It was certain to fail and the Packers would have very good field position. A fake had a better chance of success, and even if it failed the field position would still be the same.

Haven't had a chance to watch yet, (working) but will i am & Fergie were stellar with U2 & Mick Jagger at the Rock & Roll HOF Concert, the BD is steller as was the HBO version...

Haven't had a chance to watch yet, (working) but will i am & Fergie were stellar with U2 & Mick Jagger at the Rock & Roll HOF Concert, the BD is steller as was the HBO version...
It's just amazing to me that with all the time to prepare that it could be that bad. The shrieking and yelling vocals were terrible, and what was with Fergie's mic being off for the beginning of her first solo??

I'm not the only one who thought they were absolutely terrible. Apparently it's unanimous. Every state graded them with an F.......

grade-for-black-eyed-peas.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)