The Road to Super Bowl XLV: The 2010-11 NFL Playoffs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'll predict the Wild Card games:

Saints over Seahawks- St. Louis would have probably put up a better fight than Seattle will. That being said, remember how we all wrote off Arizona's playoff chances a few years back? New Orleans can't just assume they'll win- they must avoid overconfidence.

Jets over Colts- I think Gang Green's D makes enough timely plays.

Chiefs over Ravens- This is the one pick Bill and I won't agree on. Gut feeling- KC's a better team at Arrowhead, and I'm not completely sold on Baltimore.

Packers over Eagles- This'll be THE must-see game of Wild Card Weekend.

I will predict one game...the Colts will beat the Jets. As my dad used to say 'You don't tug on Superman's cape'.

Sandra

I think this will be one of the most entertaining wildcard weekends we have ever had. I love the story lines in every game. Seattle under .500 with a home game against the reining World Champs. The Colts who have gotten hot at the right time but still a lot of injuries against a QB who I am not sold on to this point and a team with as many off the field issues as on the field. The upstart Chiefs with a pretty good running game against an aging defense that will have to stop the run to win this game. Finally, the Pack vs. Eagles. Pack is getting healthy. Their defense is looking very good and Rogers has his full quiver of receivers to throw to. Mike Vick, what a great story. It seems this young man has seen the light, is very much trying to make amends, and has had a great year. The bad thing for Philly is they go against the Packers losing to the Vikes and Cowboys. Not a great step towards the playoffs. It should be a blast this weekend.

I dont think the Seahawks will win...But anyone think they might? Strange things have happened!

Don't forget, those new untested overtime rules will be in effect!!! :(

• Both teams must have the opportunity to possess the ball once during the extra period, unless the team that receives the opening kickoff scores a touchdown on its initial possession, in which case it is the winner.
  • If the team that possesses the ball first scores a field goal on its initial possession, the other team shall have the opportunity to possess the ball. If [that team] scores a touchdown on its possession, it is the winner. If the score is tied after [both teams have a] possession, the team next scoring by any method shall be the winner.
  • If the score is tied at the end of a 15-minute overtime period, or if [the overtime period's] initial possession has not ended, another overtime period will begin, and play will continue until a score is made, regardless of how many 15-minute periods are necessary.

OK I will lay dollars to donuts that if he's lucky enough to get the opportunity, Rex Ryan will be the first coach to screw up with these new rules in effect!

Sandra
I guarantee that's not the first time 'Rex Ryan' and 'donuts' have been in the same sentence. ;)

As it turns out, Ryan's loose mouth has probably helped him in this case.

And New York Jets coach Rex Ryan has changed his tune on how he'll approach the opening kickoff. Last spring, Ryan -- who boasted the NFL's top defense in 2009 that dropped to third in 2010 -- said he might consider kicking off even if he wins the coin flip.

By Tuesday, Ryan had changed his mind.

"We will actually take the ball if we win the coin toss in overtime," Ryan said.

With new NFL overtime rules, Rex Ryan now ready to take the ball - The Huddle: Football News from the NFL - USATODAY.com

I still say they should have been using these rules during the season first.
The "opportunity to possess the ball" part will be interesting.

Team A kicks a FG then attempts and successfully recovers an onside kick. Game over.
Team A kicks a FG then Team B loses a fumble during the following kickoff return. Game over.

You will also hear bitching from teams (and fans) that lose in OT because they kicked a FG and the other team won with a TD. Up until now that FG would have been good enough to advance....

The "opportunity to possess the ball" part will be interesting.

Team A kicks a FG then attempts and successfully recovers an onside kick. Game over.
Team A kicks a FG then Team B loses a fumble during the following kickoff return. Game over.

You will also hear bitching from teams (and fans) that lose in OT because they kicked a FG and the other team won with a TD. Up until now that FG would have been good enough to advance....

I can see this happening soon ....

Coming in, Seattle needed to play virtually perfect. Five minutes into the game, and they're already
shooting themselves in the foot!

The Seahawks passing game is taking it to the Saints!

I said in my predictions that New Orleans must avoid overconfidence. So far- not so good.

Seattle playing tough...Guys at my work were laughing at me when I said I thought it would be a close game and playing at seattle you never know!!

Seattle playing tough...Guys at my work were laughing at me when I said I thought it would be a close game and playing at seattle you never know!!
Yup, you called it. Good call!! :up

I'm just in shock right now!! :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts