The Road to SuperBowl XLIV: The Official 2010 NFL Playoffs Thread

Does anyone in the area find it odd that it's called King's Island, but is nowhere near any water? It's weird, Cedar Point in northern Ohio is pretty much an island, but King's Island is completely landlocked.

Sandra
It's a king's island in the midst of all us peasants who can't afford to go there. ;)

You mean during prohibition?! Damn, you ARE old! :eek:

Is that the best you got???...:p

Actually, it was my girlfriend's prom outing we went too...I had already graduated!!!!...and in 1972, when it opened, the Beach or anything else that's there now, wasn't then...the park was only about 1/4 of the size it is now, and there was nothing but cornfields out there...

And KI's name came from the park Coney Island, which was on the Ohio River, and some of the original rides from Coney were moved to KI!!!...;)

I quit going to Kings Island when they quit selling beer!!!...:eek:

And speaking of KI, I was there at my high school prom outing the first weekend it opened!!!...Sheesh, I'm old!!!...:(

You probably remember the old Coney Island then too.

Is that the best you got???...:p

Actually, it was my girlfriend's prom outing we went too...I had already graduated!!!!...and in 1972, when it opened, the Beach or anything else that's there now, wasn't then...the park was only about 1/4 of the size it is now, and there was nothing but cornfields out there...

And KI's name came from the park Coney Island, which was on the Ohio River, and some of the original rides from Coney were moved to KI!!!...;)

Well I see you knew about Coney Island. Is any of it still there?

Yes, the park itself, and Sunlite pool which is right next door, is still there, minus the rides...it is now used more like a city park, picknicking, concerts, and such...:cool:
Actually, the last time I was there (this year) they had a small roller coaster and other kiddie rides. Probably nothing like what you saw back then. Nice venue for concerts though! :)

:D

All I know is we're leaving at 6 PM for wherever. And I'm not supposed to pack anything except essentials, no clothing, so I have no idea what that means!!!

Sandra
nudest colony ;). this must be killing someone else here. you know.......... :luvlove:
killing him..............;):D have a good time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts