The Sarah Connor Chronicles on FOX

I thought John Henry didn't have a chip in his head (the reason for being connected to the super computer behind him). Didn't Sarah and crew destroy his chip and leave his body burried in the sand?

No the chip is in the top of the skull, while the cord is in the back of his neck. (I can't believe I'm arguing about this....)....

Meanwhile, this great show looks to be going away.

Terminated.

There is no grandfather paradox. They're using the current theory about time. Multiple realities. You go back in time, you create an alternate timeline.

Perhaps, but I still think its b.s.; playing with time way too much, and certainly too many inconsistencies.

If you don't have a grandfather paradox you'll have what I'll call the "Sliders" problem, and if John jumps back again (assuming we get a third season), then how will he get back to the proper reality.

The writers played fast and loose with temporal dynamics.

Why do I hear Michael York in my head from Austin Powers telling me to stop worrying about it so much and just to enjoy the ride.....?

Perhaps, but I still think its b.s.; playing with time way too much, and certainly too many inconsistencies.

If you don't have a grandfather paradox you'll have what I'll call the "Sliders" problem, and if John jumps back again (assuming we get a third season), then how will he get back to the proper reality.

The writers played fast and loose with temporal dynamics.

This is something I complained about. In more detail:

Movie 1 - The time travel did not change anything. It actually caused the creation of skynet, the birth of John, and encouraged his mother to train him. Time travel is a closed loop circle.

Movie 2 - The time travel gave the past the ability to change the future. No explanation given for the grandfather paradox. Time travel not closed, but not completely open.

Movie 3 - Probably the worst of all. Time travel only caused the delay of inevitable events. Time travel closed, but sliding.

TV - The time travel causes everything to change. The string theory.

The first movie did not leave the possibility of a second movie, so they changed the premise. The second did not leave posibility of a third, so they changed the premise. In the TV show, they change the premise to make it easier to continue a plot.

Science Fiction and Fantasy do this far more often than any other types of stories. People would be extremely upset if in a normal action movie the good guys are about to lose when a six year old who played with marbles the whole movie turned out to be a Kung-Fu expert and killed all of the bad guys. SF and Fantasy franchises make leaps like that all of the time.

Interesting... I hope it does continue, but won't get my hopes up :) The Weaver's set demolation makes sense so really could go either way... "We don't need it show cancelled." or "We don't need it as story moved beyond it." I think the cancellation rumor was started back in March due to this set being taken down.

-Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)