The Sarah Connor Chronicles on FOX

webbydude

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 6, 2005
Akron, Ohio, United States
The Terminator Franchise finds itself on TV. Yes I am still in disbelief about this. As a huge Terminator fan I am weary of this. The series takes place in between T2 and T3...chronicling Sarah Connor. The series stars Claire Bennet's buddy from Heroes as John, and as Sarah, is the queen from 300. Like I said I am weary of this, and surprised to know that such a show was even in existence...

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles TV Show - Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles Television Show - TV.com

I predict that FOX will do to Sarah and John Connor what three generations of Terminator couldn't.

I give it 12 episodes and that's being very generous.

Am I being TOO optimistic???? :p

Are they gonna be able to make that debut with the douchebag writers out on strike? Also, that TV website can't figure out when the show is supposed to be set. One article says 1 yr after T2, the other says its between T and T2. WTF?

The pilot is very good and it takes place between T2 and T3 so basically T3 doesn't exist. They have been filming for a while, so they should have at least the initial order of episodes finished. This also get pretty good reviews from the everyone in the middle of the summer when the pilot was leaked.

The fact that the creators are retconning the bejeebers out of T3 makes it appealing. Sorry, but I absolutely HATED T3.

Given FOX's track record on what I consider "cutting edge" shows (Firefly, Millennium, The Lone Gunmen, etc.) I'm understandably a bit skeptical of their abilities to handle and market the show. All I can say is, "Don't screw this up!!" :)

Me?

Download movies or MP3's for free (*cough cough*...LimeWire...UTorrent...*cough cough*)? :p. *ahem* (as he burns a copy of "30 Days Later")

Perish the thought.

Actually hadn't considered the idea, actually. Hmmm...may yet

Fox loves to leave viewers hanging, I'm still pissed about Firefly. I'll probably check The Sarah Chronicles though. I loved T1 and T2. T3 blew! It figures it would be the only one available on HD DVD. As a consolation, I have T1 and T2 archived.

Another good question is will the itchy trigger fingers at FOX allow the show to develope or will the cancel it after a few episodes if the ratings are not "24" like?

This is why I will DVR, archive and watch later to see if it is picked up. If it's not I will simple delete them...

Sorry, but the previews don't look too enticing to me. I may record it and check it out later. Still kind disappointed about it all. Considering that Arnold is now the Governator and all I guess the run was done. It looks that it'll never be back on the big screen again.

I just watched the premier. It was actually pretty decent. We'll see how it goes though. FOX is known for having the uncanny ability of turning chicken soup into chicken sh*t.

The Terminator Franchise finds itself on TV.

I am reading the the company that owned the Terminator franchise, no longer does. The current company with the rights to do T4 and this series is supposed to have some tie-in even though its time line (TV show) can only be from between the end of T2 and the beginning of T3; as T3 explained was Sarah was not there; death from leukemia in Mexico.

This was a very interesting show. I think this could be a show to watch well atleast a couple more times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)