The Sarah Connor Chronicles on FOX

Downloaded the pilot from itunes for free. I liked it a lot. But I need to go to the movie store and rent Terminator and T2; it has been SOOOOO LONG since I have seen those movies that I barely remembered the storyline.

But given the lack of programming, this is definitely one worth keeping.

I rented both T and T2 today from Hollywood Video, ripping to the ipod and will watch this week in the gym. Gotta start looking at HD DVD options from Europe. :)

I am less concerned with owning these then just refreshing myself on the story, so the tv show makes more sense. The first episode was so good, it definitely hooked me.

I just caught up with the episodes this week. I found the free pilot on iTunes, watched #2 on-line and just finished #3 off my DVR. I like it. It works well for me, but I have found a couple of confusing things about the show (which have been pointed out by others).

1) In the pilot, Summer's character comes across as a normal school girl when she meets John for the first time. The next day at school, she acts differently, and more similar to a terminator. She has been maintaining that appearance since. If she can act normal at one point, why change it?

2) The Terminators head flying through the time portal just doesn't wash with the movies.

I just caught up with the episodes this week. I found the free pilot on iTunes, watched #2 on-line and just finished #3 off my DVR. I like it. It works well for me, but I have found a couple of confusing things about the show (which have been pointed out by others).

1) In the pilot, Summer's character comes across as a normal school girl when she meets John for the first time. The next day at school, she acts differently, and more similar to a terminator. She has been maintaining that appearance since. If she can act normal at one point, why change it?

2) The Terminators head flying through the time portal just doesn't wash with the movies.

Yep, those have been my two big points. She acted totally normal in hick town and now this??? HUH?

I'm keeping an open mind as it is still interesting. Archived the captures to DVD already.

Yep, those have been my two big points. She acted totally normal in hick town and now this??? HUH?

Of course there is a plausible explanation for this. Many AI programs can emulate a human, but the illusion only last for a very short period of time. Could be she ran through all her "act human" programming in just a few minutes we saw her in the pilot episode.

Of course a better explaination (and more sinister) would be if she was one of those metallic terminator models capable of changing their form, and killed the original school girl and took her place. ;) Unfortunately we already know she's not one of those (nor apparently are any of the other terminators we've seen thus far)

The real reason of course is the pilot was likely written before the rest of the story, and the producers thought she needed to act more like a robot than a human and changed her scripts to reflect this, and forgot to change the parts keeping her very humanlike. ;)

--

Another problem I have: Why did the terminator from the past kill the guy who could make him a new body? Seems to me thats no different than Sarah Connor and others killing other SkyNet personel. Its basically killing someone who is necessary in the future for terminators to succeed.

All in all I do like the show. Just wish it was more consistent.

Hmm, that's a good point Danny. He had to have looked him up to get him to make some new material. Although, it could be that the guy was only one of many people who were working on the same problem. The terminator just picked one that wasn't as important.

The terminator needed his eyes....

On the other matter, of the head going through, I watched the scene again, there is a pausible explaination. The head had skin on it when the ray gun blast hit it, and it made it through the time portal before the skin was burned off. The blast hit the terminator and the head came flying off into the vortex at precisely the right moment.

Yep, I forgot about the eyes. They said that quickly at the end.

I'll have to look more closely with the head issue. I don't remember that sequence of events. I will also propose another possibility. When they were in the bank, Summer said that they couldn't take a weapon through the time machine, but they could take parts of a weapon. I wonder, since it was only the head, if the same thing holds true on the terminators.

The terminator needed his eyes....

Yeah, but you can get eyes from anyone. You don't need to go killing the guy who just built you a new flesh suit and who just made (was given) the breakthrough for building them in the future... that is of course unless he's on a long list of flunkies who you knew were expendable. ;)

The head had skin on it when the ray gun blast hit it, and it made it through the time portal before the skin was burned off.

Yeah, that's certainly going to be the "official" response of what happened - hehe. :no (but we all know the writers goofed up, just as they did with Summer's acting real and then robotic!)

Surprised they are back to reruns, but actually looking forward to watching the pilot a second time; having just watched all three Terminator movies in the past week.

One thing is they keep messing with timelines; in T3, they say Sarah dies of Leukemia in 1997; but the Sarah Connor Chronicles start in 1999; then time-jump to 2007; three years after the judgment day which came to pass in 2004 in T3.

I wish they would not do that.

Surprised they are back to reruns

They only have 9 episodes. Expect this and other shows to be stretched out as long as possible due to the writers strike.

I've gone back to the torrents and started downloading other series I never paid much attention to before to make up the slack. ;)

Finally caught up with the pilot. I agree with others that it does seem Summer's programming went a big step backward from the pilot to episode 2. I think Summer's character is more than just a terminator. When John asked her if she is a new model... and asked for her model number, she just say "something like that". I think maybe she is modeled after a real human that is related to John in the future, and may even have some of her old memory left.

I know, I know!!!! :) She is Sarah who is resurrected after her death by cancer and is now a sort of Bionic Woman.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts