The Sarah Connor Chronicles on FOX

I am reading the the company that owned the Terminator franchise, no longer does. The current company with the rights to do T4 and this series is supposed to have some tie-in even though its time line (TV show) can only be from between the end of T2 and the beginning of T3; as T3 explained was Sarah was not there; death from leukemia in Mexico.

The series is going to split the timeline and pretend that T3 never happens because of all the time traveling and changes to the timeline also Christian Bale of Batman Begins has signed to do T4 they just have not said if he will be taking over the role of John Connor or a Machine.

Okay so, I saw the premier even after I made a ton of fun of the concept. And, even though I didn't want to like it, I did. It was fun. It was another "terminator" complete with "terminator Babe" and the obligatory 20-something playing a 15 year-old (I CAN'T STAND THAT! -- if you want to use a 20 year-old actor, make the frickin' character 20 years old!)

The action was pretty good, though as with the movies, Sarah should be dead by now with all the injuries and whatever from all the attacks.

The guy who plays the Terminator does not try to be Arnold. He plays it straight.

I had a problem with the terminator babe when we first meet her but don't know she's a terminator yet. It has to do with the whole personality thing. It is an inconsistancy that just bugged me the rest of the episode.

The story line for the continuing series is another one of those where, unless the series is a medium success, we will never see a satisfactory conclusion. That is a turn-off for me. If the series is a flop, the series will be canceled and the end of this story will never be revealed. If the story is a big hit, then the networks will make the story stretch to the ends of the Earth and the conclusion of the thread will never be revealed. Only if it is a mild success will we see it Sarah and son along with Terminator Babe actually do complete what they set out to do.

As always with time-travel stories you have the inevitable quandry. But Star Trek taught me to forget about little things like logic when dealing with these things. You have to have a very strong suspension of disbelief to enjoy this show. I do and I did. We will see what tomorrow brings. :)

See ya
Tony

I CAN'T STAND THAT! -- if you want to use a 20 year-old actor, make the frickin' character 20 years old!

Ah, but us guys can safely oogle and imagine Summer Glau naked a few times during the show... whereas if someone of Hannah Montana's age were playing the role we'd feel all dirty and icky. ;)

I had a problem with the terminator babe when we first meet her but don't know she's a terminator yet. It has to do with the whole personality thing. It is an inconsistancy that just bugged me the rest of the episode.

She does play a terminator with more personality than any others we've seen thus far, if thats what you are refering. However when asked what type of model she was and if she was different, she gave a mysterious comment. My guess is she's a new type of terminator with an actual human personality downloaded into it, avoiding much of the integration problems previous models had.

One thing I do like about the new serious is the twist where they improvised having higher level technology by sending back people to build it. This certainly opens up whole new worlds of trouble and I think we'll see it come back and bite them several times.

LOL! But just remember the character is 15 so you are really a letcher anyway. :D

But really I was talking about the guy playing John. It is one thing to have a 20 year-old that looks like a VERY mature 15 year-old playing the role. It is another to have a 20 year-old actor that LOOKS 25 playing a 15 year-old. Really all you have to do is MAKE THE CHARACTER OLDER!

Would it have been that bad if the series started in 2005 instead of 1999?

See ya
Tony

I CAN'T STAND THAT! -- if you want to use a 20 year-old actor, make the frickin' character 20 years old!I had a problem with the terminator babe when we first meet her but don't know she's a terminator yet. It has to do with the whole personality thing. It is an inconsistancy that just bugged me the rest of the episode.

She does play a terminator with more personality than any others we've seen thus far, if thats what you are refering.

No I was really referring to her personality before she revealed herself as a terminator and the personality afterwards. They were totally incongruous. Again, it is a triviality explaied by techno-babble, but it bugged the bejeebers out of me.

One thing I do like about the new serious is the twist where they improvised having higher level technology by sending back people to build it. This certainly opens up whole new worlds of trouble and I think we'll see it come back and bite them several times.

I thought it was interesting, but far from original. Bill and Ted used this on their excellent adventure! :) And really that is exactly what I thought when the Terminator Babe revealed that nuggent of info. I replayed that scene of B&T's Excellent Adventure in my head laughing while the Connors were fighting for their life. :)

See ya
Tony

The pilot episode had very little creativity. Everything we have seen in T1 & T2. Nothing new except the time travel machine. It really begs the question whether the writers will make Time travel at least a little consistent. How is that Sarah and John can travel to 2007? Wouldn't replica of them be already in 2007? Doesn't this alters the future is so way? I guess not. In the movies they really never dealt with the physics of time travel so I do not expect them to now. But you would think that they will do justice to the question. The Sarah Chronicles seems like an interested concept but I was hoping to have a series about the aftermath and the resistance struggles. Maybe Fox will travel to the future and do something like this. I think Fox will eventually cancel this one. It does not have the interest to carry high ratings except for us sci-fi geeks who would actually watch it. Sci-Fi would have been a more suitable place for this. At least it could last two or three seasons there.

I must admit I got a laugh out of the fight sequence between the teenage girl robot and the big male terminator. Something about a great big man and a small teenage girl in a deathmatch just struck me as funny.

So now that they are in 2007, I wonder if this will come up...

John relaxing for a moment in a sleazy motel room while Sarah dresses her latest wound. He flips on the TV and scans through the channels. "MOM! MOM! LOOK! It's a T-101 posing as governor of California! - they're EVERYWHERE!"

Second episode was good, but I was annoyed that the bare terminator head flew through the time rift. Should have only happened if still covered with flesh. Thus the reason they appeared naked. Why keep with the original "physics" in one aspect but ignore it immediately?

I'm assuming the junkyard terminator body that appears activated because the head was finally able to talk to the body wirelessly somehow.

If you watch real close in the first episode you will see the head (sans skin because it got removed when the terminator was shot with the super rifle...) come towards them in a bowling ball fashion into the field of the time travel globe and then in the second episode you will see the head continue out of the field in the future off to the side of the road.

Ted...

Yeah it was a pretty serious issue. The Conners and Cameron came out without even clothes. The head should have been destroyed during the trip. Perhaps it was protected by energy plasma from the weapon blast or some other techo mumbo jumbo they come up with to try to cover their issue.

Also why would an advanced robot like that be in a junk yard. One would think it would have been snapped up for study. It would have been better if it had accidently been repaired and escaped a secret facility instead of what happened.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)