The Satellite Gods Hate Me

Status
Please reply by conversation.

conorjenfanclub

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 29, 2012
Hey all, I'm really wanting DIRECTV because of the content they provide is the best. Also I wanting an Asian international channel package that no other provider comes close to. Unfortunately I live in an apartment complex that only allows satellite dishes on the patio railling and my back patio door facing West. My question is if the top of the patio railing is aligned directly south where the satellite would be mounted would the HD Satellite and an Asian package Satellite have enough clearance for the 101W/110W and 95W? There's also trees 4 stories high 100-150ft in the LOS.

This picture is facing south just 2 feet right of where the patio railing is.
sat-los.jpg

Here's a compass view. I know it's says North but that's really South. Maybe 3 degrees off 90.
compass-south.jpeg

I would definitely give it a try ...
the 99, 101 and 103 should be no problem and I would guess that the 95 will be reachable too :)
The trees I don't think will be a problem, the Sats come in much higher than the mast points.

I would definitely give it a try ...
the 99, 101 and 103 should be no problem and I would guess that the 95 will be reachable too :)
The trees I don't think will be a problem, the Sats come in much higher than the mast points.
Here's what I found with the SAToolz DTV app:
sat-view.jpeg

It's going to be tight.

That don't look all that bad.
Don't get my hopes up. :D This is a second opinion installation as the first guy came made up his mind before walking in the door that it can't be done. I'm not a professional installer but everything seems to me that at least the HD satellite can be reached.

conorjenfanclub said:
Don't get my hopes up. :D This is a second opinion installation as the first guy came made up his mind before walking in the door that it can't be done. I'm not a professional installer but everything seems to me that at least the HD satellite can be reached.

It can all be reached. Yes the 95 is close but you should be fine. Just have that picture available when the next guy tries to say "nope, can't be done" also make sure to have your consent from management so everything is there and the install can be completed without the installer trying to hassle you about something

Update: Technician just called me to let me know his van broke down (just my luck) 40 minutes away and is waiting to get it towed. He said he's waiting to hear back from his supervisors and also I'll get called by DIRECTV in the next 15 minutes. How can I make sure I get someone to come today? This is almost laughable.

conorjenfanclub said:
Update: Technician just called me to let me know his van broke down (just my luck) 40 minutes away and is waiting to get it towed. He said he's waiting to hear back from his supervisors and also I'll get called by DIRECTV in the next 15 minutes. How can I make sure I get someone to come today? This is almost laughable.

One thing to keep in mind. In order to have international and hd you must have 2 dishes. Some apartments will only allow one dish. Next question is your balcony covered or enclosed? Can the dish be mounted to your railing and be on the outside of balcony? All of these are obstacles to installing at an apartment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

How do I connect external hard drive to HMC DVR?

Tailgating setup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)