The Shield on FX

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pete409

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
Anyone have any inside information why The Shield was not broadcast in HD? Greatest show in the past 10 years and I was hoping to get to watch the final season in HD. Very disappointed.

Anyone have any inside information why The Shield was not broadcast in HD? Greatest show in the past 10 years and I was hoping to get to watch the final season in HD. Very disappointed.

I thought the same thing!

I was upset at first too, but when I thought about it more, I think this was a conscious decision to do so. If you think about it, "The Shield" has always had a gritty, almost voyeuristic film to it. I think they felt that if they converted it to an HD format with 16:9 and "clean" film, that it would hurt the stylings of the show. Also, I have to say that it seemed like maybe part of it was filmed in HD, or at least in a higher resolution, because the film seemed to look "extra" gritty in this episode.

I thought it looked terrible!!!!! The grit was so bad in some areas....I was very very disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It did look pretty bad. Also, they could have shot in HD AND had grit, it is possible.

I think they decided it was not worth the cost since its th elast season. I mean why else would you shoot Nip Tuck with a glorious picture and not the shield.

Was Sons of Anarchy HD?

Well you can't let the video quality affect your views of the content. I thought Nip/Tuck in HD looked extraordinary, but the content re-affirmed my belief that Nip/Tuck has jumped the shark so bad that it's drowning.

Well this is disappointing. I am half way through the season 6 dvd's and they are widescreen. So I just figured that this season would be HD.

like "The Wire".

Man, I loved that show, very disappointed that the final season wasnt HD, it would have been beautiful.

Will still continue to watch the Shield because it is an excellent show, I will just have to swallow the grit. Plus, it is supposed to have an ending that we are not expecting.....I predict Mackey and Shane, shoot out final episode, both dead, with grit and all....

Man, I loved that show, very disappointed that the final season wasnt HD, it would have been beautiful.

Will still continue to watch the Shield because it is an excellent show, I will just have to swallow the grit. Plus, it is supposed to have an ending that we are not expecting.....I predict Mackey and Shane, shoot out final episode, both dead, with grit and all....

i think they will get back on the same side. they might die, but as the same team. i guess i should not have said that since i am the head writer.....j/k

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts