The sound goes - OUT

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I am also having this problem. The optical cable is connected to a Vizio sound bar. But then i watch somthing DVR'd from HBo i get no sound. (but it works from the tv speakers as it is connected through HDMI) Chated with tech support they told me to restart the receiver, then sent me to level 2 support and they asked me to unplug the cable and plug it back in. Then said they would send a tech out to check this out. I then told them that they sucked and told them i was not going to use my free tech visit on this issue and i would just look it up on google. So here i am. Im guessing we have not figured this out?

UPDATE: this is ALL HD channels. all sd Channels work fine.
I think you have a similar but not the same problem its more likely some form of HDCP that's causing the problem with HD or the signal is not there in HD that would fire the sound bar .... from quick searches I find people mentioning the soundbar is 4.1 compatible ... 4.1 is not the same as 5.1 and most HD stations use 5.1 dolby as the format.. could that be the actual problem you're experiencing?

I am also having this problem. The optical cable is connected to a Vizio sound bar. But then i watch somthing DVR'd from HBo i get no sound. (but it works from the tv speakers as it is connected through HDMI) Chated with tech support they told me to restart the receiver, then sent me to level 2 support and they asked me to unplug the cable and plug it back in. Then said they would send a tech out to check this out. I then told them that they sucked and told them i was not going to use my free tech visit on this issue and i would just look it up on google. So here i am. Im guessing we have not figured this out?

UPDATE: this is ALL HD channels. all sd Channels work fine.

Here is a review of the Vizio sound bar. I suggest you read it. There have been some problems w/them. A quick scan of the review I don't see your problem but you might see something I'm not. Especially since you own and use it. Vizio VHT510 Review - Watch CNET's Video Review The DVR reset isn't gonna do anything much for you. Hit menu 6-7 and then what are your settings there for the decoder & mode?

Here is a review of the Vizio sound bar. I suggest you read it. There have been some problems w/them. A quick scan of the review I don't see your problem but you might see something I'm not. Especially since you own and use it. The DVR reset isn't gonna do anything much for you. Hit menu 6-7 and then what are your settings there for the decoder & mode?

Thanks for the suggestions. the one in the vid is like mine but is a vsb200. i have messed with all the setting in the menu 6-7 and no change.

I think you have a similar but not the same problem its more likely some form of HDCP that's causing the problem with HD or the signal is not there in HD that would fire the sound bar .... from quick searches I find people mentioning the soundbar is 4.1 compatible ... 4.1 is not the same as 5.1 and most HD stations use 5.1 dolby as the format.. could that be the actual problem you're experiencing?

I guess the 4.1 -5.1 thing could be it but my tv is not 5.1 and Hd sound comes through it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)