Tvland in HD

not quite most old shows were(pre 1970) shot on film so they are HD

Not until AFTER they have gone through the expensive transfer process, from film negative or new print. Even at that, most if not all filmed shows were framed for 3:2, not 16x9, so it would be probable to still have some side bars...ie, Hogan's Heroes and the original Star Trek on Blu-ray.

Not until AFTER they have gone through the expensive transfer process, from film negative or new print. Even at that, most if not all filmed shows were framed for 3:2, not 16x9, so it would be probable to still have some side bars...ie, Hogan's Heroes and the original Star Trek on Blu-ray.
4 X 3 not 3:2.

The outfit that did the transfers for Charlie's Angels did a remarkable job at dealing the with aspect ratio differences. The ones who did Flipper, not so much.

Gunsmoke - even if it isn't true HD, a sharper picture would be much appreciated. The black and white episodes on Encore Western look better than the color episodes on TV Land.

TV Land produces original programming. I think, that's what people want the HD for.
I don't think so. There are a lot of people who still believe in the HD Fairy, whom they think can turn anything into HD with a flick of her magic wand.

Last edited:
Hot in Cincinnati would look good. My wife likes that show. There are two more channels I would love to see in HD but I I don't want to hijack his thread.;)

I don't think so. There are a lot of people who still believe in the HD Fairy, whom they think can turn anything into HD with a flick of her magic wand.
I thought that was Charlie's Weekend Job ;) (uplinking SD channels and selling them as HD Channels):sick:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts